• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power of Undertale's humans

Sorry if this is the wrong type of thread, I couldn't think of a better option than General Discussion so I just went with that.

Anyways, hardly anything is really known about humans in Undertale, however it goes without saying that they are not as weak as irl humans, the 8 human children in Undertale being able to seemingly fall dozens if not hundreds of feat without much if any damage is enough to prove that.

But I mainly want to discuss the Barrier. It was specifically stated in the intro that the humans created the Barrier using magic, some people write this off as a plot hole because in the game it's stated humans can't express themselves with magic, but that doesn't mean they just can't use magic in general, being able to express themselves with it and being able to use it in general aren't necessarily the same thing. And, considering the fact that it's the intro to the game, I think it's too important for Toby to leave a plot hole like that. The final bit of info I have against this is that Toby originally intended on giving you the option to use a MAGIC button, but it was replaced by the ITEM button, little know this but he even went as far as programming a sort of mana system called "EN", you can find it early on in the Undertale artbook (speaking of which, there isn't much information that would be helpful for Vs. Battle Wiki pages, but I do recommend getting it if you're a big Undertale fan, it has a ton of nice artwork, comics, and additional info you can't find anywhere else), it would have been used for casting spells.

Overall, I'm pretty sure it's just that Frisk as of the time Undertale takes place doesn't know how to use magic yet, or at least not to an extent that they would use it for battle purposes.

Anyways, back to the Barrier. We don't know the details behind it's creation, but it goes without saying that the Barrier's durability is over universal. If we say Omega Flowey is low multiversal, then that alone would give the Barrier low multiversal durability, as, based on what we know, even Omega Flowey shouldn't be capable of breaking the Barrier.

Now, again, we don't know the details behind it's creation, but if we were to say it took 7 humans to create the Barrier, due to 7 being required to break it, then that means 7 Undertale humans when combining their power can create a structure with low multiversal if not multiversal durability that is large enough to wrap around a mountain and contain an entire race of people.

Of course, it would still be a leap in logic to just say the humans who created the Barrier have equal AP to the amount of power they each put in to give it said durability, but correct me if I'm wrong about anything. I just wanted to discuss this cause it seems really overlooked.

Back