• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Null Robots - KAY/O vs Revenant

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Two murder machines built to kill.

Radiant Killer vs Legend Killer

KAY/O has a Guardian and a Sherriff while Revenant has a G7 Scout and Wingman, both combatants are fully kitted. Huh, I don't have to equalize speed. Nice. Victory via SBA.

394100-kayo-valorant-game-4k-pc-wallpaper.jpg
revenant___apex_legends_fan_art__by_anthonycarleones_dee3ndy-fullview.jpg

KAY/O is 0.00474 Tons
Revenant is 0.00616 Tons

Why are you so fast Ovens... once I am out of work I'll say something but KAY/O might stomp if the other doesn't resist power null

Hmmm, this one is tough I guess.

On one hand, Revenant is physically stronger and more durable and faster, but KAY/O is likely the better shooter here. Knowing the Rate of Fire of the Revenant's weapon would be great since KAY/O can amp his own Fire rate with his Ultimate.

This likely won't stay as a long range battle for long given both can dodge each other's weapons from that range (Assuming Revenant's gun is faster than he is, otherwise KAY/O would have a massive advantage). Once the gap is closed, Revenant has the advantage given his better stats, but KAY/O also has flashes to be able to either peak when he is blind or to change positions, as well as an aim advantage.

Lastly, there is KAY/O's ZERO/point. Its an AoE Power Null, much like the Revenant's, but the thing is that it can also nullify robots like the Revenant, meaning as soon as ZERO/point hits it is basically over for the Revenant. Of course, the Supression Grenades would make this difficult but I feel like this would be a matter of "Can KAY/O use ZERO/Point before he is defeated?" and I think with the tool sets available he likely could pull out this win.

Not really sure if it is a Stomp given the stats advantage, it probably is a stomp if the Revenant's gun is not faster than he is

Voting for KAY/O

Hmm, I'll check it later, was pretty sure it affected given how many Reyna/ KAY/O use those.

Anyhow, I don't think it really matters tbh

Nah, semi-automatics aren't affected by the fire rate buffs. You can see such with Brim's stim beacon, it doesn't effect them. It's very strange, because it definitely could, but it doesn't, from what i'm aware of.

But, well, I guess that could be a game mechanic. If the buffs are just buffs the speed of the people, it doesn't really matter what gameplays shows because it wouldn't make sense, yeah?

Don't know if it is a game mechanic tbh. Right now we take most of what the games show as cannon unless it is contradicted by lore

Basically what Drite said, KAY/O's suppression blade and Ultimate are his decisive wincons here.

Both the blade and Ultimate have large AoE that Revenant would have trouble avoiding it and KAY/O are most likely to throw it from the get go.

I gave Rev a G7 Scout, which is semi-automatic, but since he has the Double Take hop-up, he can fire two rounds with every trigger pull.

Rev can just Death Totem himself to test out how well KAY/O fights. Even if KAY/O can null Rev's abilities, it wouldn't null Rev teleporting back to the Death Totem upon death.

Rev can also summon a pack of Prowlers from his totem to attack KAY/O or distract him before he goes in for the kill.

Rev is also an assassin, so he would likely sneak up on KAY/O and take him out from behind. When crouched, he does not make footstep noises and he can easily impale characters on his level with his hand.

I gave Rev a G7 Scout, which is semi-automatic, but since he has the Double Take hop-up, he can fire two rounds with every trigger pull.

Rev can just Death Totem himself to test out how well KAY/O fights. Even if KAY/O can null Rev's abilities, it wouldn't null Rev teleporting back to the Death Totem upon death.

Rev can also summon a pack of Prowlers from his totem to attack KAY/O or distract him before he goes in for the kill.

Rev is also an assassin, so he would likely sneak up on KAY/O and take him out from behind. When crouched, he does not make footstep noises and he can easily impale characters on his level with his hand.
KAY/O suppression doesn't just nullify ability, but it also shut down technology and the like. If Revenant dodges it, then when the blade hits the surface, it will emit suppression energy to shut down Revenant.

Revenant's stealth might be a problem. I want to make the argument that KAY/O, being a Radiant killer, should have better insight than most people but eh. However, when fighting against an unknown enemy who uses a hide-and-attack tactic, KAY/O immediately activates his ultimate once he's informed that the enemy is heading to his location. This mean KAY/O would likely push the button if Revenant were out of sight.

I mean he'd also be fighting the Prowlers, which are like a pack of alien wolves made up of the same type of smoke Revenant becomes when he activates his totem.

I mean he'd also be fighting the Prowlers, which are like a pack of alien wolves made up of the same type of smoke Revenant becomes when he activates his totem.
KAY/O could just shoot them. I mean, they are no more than a nuisance for a robot designed for killing superpowered beings.

Also, that only give KAY/O more reasons to activate his ultimate sooner since he's dealing with an unknown threat here.

Back