• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch vs Apex Legends: Cross Verse Battle REDUX (Hub)

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
(This is a REDUX of a thing I did in the past. Apex Legends got upgraded and these matches are fairer now. To see the original, click here.)

The year is 2735. The scientists at Hammond Labs are continuing their experiments on the Phase Void. Unbeknownst to them, a completely new competitor had just recently discovered the Phase Void and are running tests on it. The scientists at Volskaya Industries, interested in replicating Tracer's temporal abilities, have discovered the Phase Void themselves and are attempting to harness its power to further their anti-Omnic agenda.

However, their tampering with powers unknown to them caused a rift to ripple throughout the multiverse. Countless voices screamed into the void as the tampering the two corporations had wrought was tearing their very being apart. Suddenly, rift portals started opening in Hammond and Volskaya's main research labs. Dozens of mysterious female assailants pour out through the portals and proceed to engage the scientists and security personnel of both labs. In the ensuing chaos, a large rift opened up, ripping through the fabric of space-time, and engulfed both universes in a blinding light.

The year is now 2736. Humanity is recovering from what they dubbed: "The Convergence Incident". A part of each universe had slammed into each other, combining the two's histories and cosmologies. The world was born anew. Now with the resources of both worlds, humanity seeks to repair what was broken, and recover what was lost. In the midst of all this, a more sinister plot brews beneath the surface.

Join us in this epic tale of heroes and villains, and see who will come out victorious.

Act 1

Part 1: One Too Many Deaths - Revenant infiltrates the White House to kill a Talon spy. Reaper tracks him down and finds Revenant's arm through the Talon agent. A fight ensues.
Reaper gets intel of an assassin roaming about in America. He tracked down the elusive "Revenant" to the White House, where he plans to kill a Talon deep cover operative. Upon arrival via the loading bay, Reaper walks in on the Talon operative with a red metal arm sticking through his chest.

"That man was in deep cover for months now. Just who the hell are you?"

The Revenant removes his bloodied arm from the man's chest and stares the Reaper dead in the eyes.

"Death."

"Funny, but the name's taken."

Reaper fires a shot at Revenant, who narrowly dodges by bending over backwards into a summersault. In that instant, the alarms in the White House start blaring, distracting Reaper for a moment. The simulacrum takes this opportunity to rush the man in black. He pushes Reaper down and stiffens his hand, ready to impale his throat. Revenant strikes downward with force, but feels his hand slam through concrete as Reaper's form dissipates into smoke. Before Revenant can react, Reaper reforms behind him and grabs him by the neck, locking him in a rear neck choke.

"Nice trick, but two can play at this game."

As soon as Revenant says that, his chassis transforms into an ashen colour. His form too, dissipates, and he reforms away from his black-clad counterpart. The two stand across each other. Eyes locked in anticipation. But before either of them can engage, the sound of footsteps are heard loudly from all directions.

"It looks like our dance has been cut short. But don't worry, you're too fun to keep alive. If you care to avenge your dead comrade, come find me. Or don't... I'll just find you..."

With that, Revenant jumps into the ceiling, escaping through the vents. Just as he leaves, a group of secret service men enter the room. They scan the area but find no signs of movement anywhere. Meanwhile, a black smoke slips past their legs. The smoke makes its way deeper into the building, where it reforms back into a humanoid shape.

"Revenant... Heheheheh... Another one to the list..."

[...]

After an intense shootout and a mountain of dead bodies, Reaper stands over his opponent victoriously.

"Now... Let's try this again. Who do you work for?"

The simulacrum gave a weak chuckle.

"I don't work for anyone. My goals are beyond your understanding."

Unamused, the Reaper took a shot at the Revenant's leg, tearing it clean off. The man of metal yelled, then chuckled once more.

"Do you feel in control? Towering over your prey like a hawk while they scream in suffering. I know that feeling very well. It's like home to me. It doesn't matter how many times my body hits the floor, I always return to that feeling. Because no matter how many bullets you put through my skull, I'll always come back. Can't say the same for you."

The two deaths stared each other in the eyes one last time. For a split second, they shared a common understanding. Through their eyes, they saw the same suffering. Different demons, same pain. But the second soon passed and Reaper shot the simulacrum through the chest, ending one of his many lives.

"Come back soon. I'll be waiting to kill you again..."

Part 1.5: So That Even Death May Die - Unsatisfied with the outcome of their previous scuffle, Revenant hunts Reaper down into the jungles of the Amazon. Little did the Simulacrum know, the dead don't rest when stirred.

Part 2: The Kindness of the Kindred - Overwatch is alerted of a breach at Ecopoint: Antarctica. Winston and Mei go to investigate only to find Gibraltar and Wattson snooping around. Thinking they're there to steal Overwatch intel, Winston and Mei engage the intruders.

Part 3: The Aussie Way - Fuse earns a name for himself in Junkertown. Junkrat isn't too happy about that.

Part 4: Do You Believe in Gravity? - Sigma, fascinated by Horizon's work tries to get her to join Talon. When she refuses, he opts for a more forceful approach.

Act 2

Part 5: Hacker(wo)man - Crypto tries to stop Sombra from creating an army of killer robots.

Part 6: A Dog Chasing Spiders - Widomaker is tasked with killing Wattson. Bloodhound intercepts her and the two are locked in a trench-style standoff.

Part 7: Mistaken Identity - Symmetra tracks down Rampart, who has been illegally modifying her technology for a profit. They both realize that they sound awfully similar...

Part 8: It's About Time (and Space) - After Overwatch uncovers footage of the original Convergence Incident, Tracer is tasked with bringing in Wraith for questioning. However, Wraith isn't going in without a fight.

Part 9: Identity Crisis - The Convergence had made finding Pathfinder's creator even more difficult. Upon a chance meeting with the Omnic, Bastion, Pathfinder realizes that there's someone out there looking for themselves too! Too bad he almost killed Ganymede.

Act 3

Part 10: If Looks Could Kill - On her hunt for greater treasure, Loba gets caught in the middle of Ashe's heist.

Part 11: The Hippocratic Oath - Mercy is forced to defend her title of combat medic by beating Lifeline in a duel.

Part 12: Fame and Glory - Lucio and Octane race in a charity event that gets a little too competitive.

Part 13: It All Ends The Same Way - Talon, on the verge of fully understanding the Phase Void is interrupted by Overwatch, who teamed up with some of the Legends to stop the evil organization once and for all. In the madness and chaos, Moira and Caustic stand opposed. Two brilliant minds on the opposite ends of the same coin.

Epilogue

Bonus

Extra 1: Aerial Superiority - On a routine survey of the Arabian desert, Pharah is blindsided by Valkyrie. Hilarity ensues.

Extra 2: No Such Thing As Auto-Aim - Bangalore and Soldier 76 engage each other in a simulated battle to see who's the toughest soldier.

Extra 3: Large And In Charge - Winston and Gibraltar engage in a very intellectual debate... With their fists.

Extra 4: Big Dumbass Energy - A cowboy and an engineer walk into a bar...​

Last edited:
Back