• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part 2: The Kindness of the Kindred - Wattson (Apex Legends) vs Mei (Overwatch)

Mei isn't exactly a field agent, she's not battle hardened. Wattson on the other hand, fights assassins and trained military personnel on a daily basis. Between the two, only one holds any sort of tactical advantage whatsoever and that's Wattson.

Mei isn't exactly a field agent, she's not battle hardened. Wattson on the other hand, fights assassins and trained military personnel on a daily basis. Between the two, only one holds any sort of tactical advantage whatsoever and that's Wattson.
True, Mei not holding an experience advantage at the moment despite of likely having it in OW2. That's basically advantage of Wattson in strategitical battle.
However, Mei's Ice hax with which she gained good versatility and her own science intelligence by which she still can understand situations she gets in and sometimes coming up with strategies(In zero hour Mei fastly understood the strategitical idea of Winston to defeat giant robot, so she is still would be capable of coming up with ideas.), she "froze" my vote to her(I reached comedy).

Mei isn't exactly a field agent, she's not exactly battle hardened. Wattson on the other hand, fights assassins and trained military personnel on a daily basis.
She is though? Its confirmed that she has combat training with the current group of overwatch agents and after the fight with the giant mech in paris she fought alongside everyone there to clear out the rest of the omnics. Plus Mei has consistently shown to be able to think on her feet against immediate threats
Between the two, only one holds any sort of tactical advantage whatsoever and that's Wattson.
I mean this is happening on Mei's turf so i wouldnt say Mei has no tactical advntages

Mei's best combat feats were against fodder robots. Wattson has fought other Legends with actual combat experience. Mei's ice can be countered by grenades and freezing Wattson will be hard when she's getting pinned down by continuous fire.

Mei's best combat feats were against fodder robots. Wattson has fought other Legends with actual combat experience. Mei's ice can be countered by grenades and freezing Wattson will be hard when she's getting pinned down by continuous fire.
Which are still made for world war and technically are soldiers.
Ice walls technically are able to whistand grenades, due to it density, even if not it would make damage far lesser to Mei, and Mei wouldn't run out of ice faster than Wattson would run out of grenades which are would destroy walls after time.
Well, I don't seen Wattson being on fire or having high temperatures. But even then Mei still would be able to freeze her and soon or late freezing her.
Especially with blizzard at the moment when Pylon would be destroyed/froze or when Wattson would leave pylon territory.

This is all assuming Mei's ice shots or Snowball don't get vaped by the Pylon when they get within zapping range. Also Wattson's rate of fire is far greater than Mei with her ice shots, she will be on the defensive more often than not.

This is all assuming Mei's ice shots or Snowball don't get vaped by the Pylon when they get within zapping range. Also Wattson's rate of fire is far greater than Mei with her ice shots, she will be on the defensive more often than not.
As developers explained Pylons are defending from slow objects falling from up. It can counter snowball, but can't exactly counter ice, and making Wattson movement more limited.
While Mei is able to Freeze objects in far and in close distances.

I don't really have tons to contribute to the discussion that wasn't already said, it isn't like these are particularly complex characters.

Wattson FRA. Pylon alone represents a hefty advantage no matter how you slice it. Other things are largely just extra icing on the cake.

And Mei is supposed to do that while being constantly fired at with a tactical knowledge disadvantage?

But again, it can be destroyed/frozen by Mei from distance.
Yeah, sure, tons of things can happen. But there are counterpoints and this is all happening while Wattson herself is going to be doing things. So like I said, it presents a very much hefty advantage no matter how you look at it. That's enough to vote for Wattson, for me.

Yeah, sure, tons of things can happen. But there are counterpoints and this is all happening while Wattson herself is going to be doing things. So like I said, it presents a very much hefty advantage no matter how you look at it. That's enough to vote for Wattson, for me.
basically it would require a few shots to froze an Pylon, considering how fast Mei's ice abilities works. And while Wattson can do stuff when Mei would be concetrated on Pylon it's at least guns, at most grenades, both of which can be countered by Ice walls. And if Wattson would give a damage to Mei, Mei would self-heal. Which works pretty fast.

You keep acting as though Mei is doing all of these things at once. Both of them can theoretically counter, its more a question over how it is likely to play out in real-time. In my opinion, it is more likely that Wattson wins given that Mei's potential counters are not, in fact, passive, and require active effort to do.

My vote stands and barring a crazy turn around argument will continue to stand.

Wattson just seems more agile and mobile than Mei with longer range options and better equipped for combat, just going off of her trailer.

Mei increasing her mobility with ice would not stop Wattson from having the agility advantage. Wattson can climb and slide around with ease, making her harder to hit than Mei. Mei canonically isn't as agile as say, Tracer, or Widowmaker. And this isn't even counting the combat experience between them. Mei would have a harder time hitting a moving target than Wattson.

Mei increasing her mobility with ice would not stop Wattson from having the agility advantage. Wattson can climb and slide around with ease, making her harder to hit than Mei. Mei canonically isn't as agile as say, Tracer, or Widowmaker. And this isn't even counting the combat experience between them. Mei would have a harder time hitting a moving target than Wattson.
Considering her POG she still can move herself from point A to Point B faster with ice. To show a contrast, few hits of Mei to Wattson can worsen A mobility of Wattson. Few hits of Wattson to Mei can be compensated by Mei's self healing. And considering it's likely they're can go in close fight. Since there's nothing stopping Wattson from going to Mei and Mei from going to Wattson, Mei FRA would froze Wattson in seconds, even considering that if Wattson would be on fire.

Back