• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part 2: The Kindness of the Kindred - Wattson (Apex Legends) vs Mei (Overwatch)

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
(Keep up with the story here)

At Watchpoint Gibraltar, Overwatch is working on the clock to keep the planet(s) in check. Ever since The Convergence Incident, the scope of their mission reached far beyond Earth and delved into the deep reaches of space. It was at this time that a busy Angela Ziegler took a call from a large monitor screen.

"This is Watchpoint Gibraltar, please identify yourself."

The screen was fizzing out and unfocused, but the vague image of a person could be made out from the footage. The good doctor sighed and attempted to make contact with the other party once again.

"I repeat, this is Mercy of Overwatch calling in from Watchpoint Gibraltar, please identify yourself."

However, the feed remained fizzled and out of focus. It was at this time that two more figures would entre the room, a large ape, and a small Chinese woman.

"What seems to be the problem, Angela?" A large ape-scientist called out. The doctor turned to the two other Overwatch agents and heaved a sigh of relief.

"I am so glad you two were available." Angela started. "I was beginning to give up manning the communicator entirely."

"What seems to be the problem?" The smaller woman said in a chipper tone.

The good doctor proceeded to explain to them the current situation.

"So where did this call originate from?"

"Eco Point: Antarctica."

"How peculiar. I seem to recall that place being Mei's base of operations."

"That's true. But that place is abandoned, nobody made it out of there except me!"

"There's always room for hope, Mei."

Suddenly, the feed cleared up for just a moment. The three agents turned to face the screen and were taken aback. The feed showed a girl carrying a strange contraption on her back accompanied by a large man with his hair tied into a bun.

"This doesn't seem to be working, Makoa. Perhaps I should try a higher charge?"

Mercy went back to the console and started working on it again.

"What are they doing? More importantly, who are they?"

"I'm trying to establish a connection with them, but the feed seems to only be working one way."

"Try the other controls, Natalie. Maybe this one's busted." The large man in the feed spoke up.

"Ah! I think I got it! That should do it."

A loud groaning sound could be heard on the other end of the feed, signaling a large door opening.

"Great! Now we should have access to their data!"

With that, the feed cut off.

"Data? Oh no! Could they be after Overwatch files?"

"I don't know, but it can't be good. Mei, you and Winston should go and check it out. I'll keep track of the Eco Point from here and let you know if anything happens."

"Sounds like a plan! Don't worry, Mei, we'll get to the bottom of this."

Meanwhile at Eco Point: Antarctica, Wattson and Gibraltar were going through old Overwatch files, looking for clues that pointed toward Phase Void technology.

"Eh, Natalie, are you sure this place is abandoned?"

"I'm positive. My research on the the other Earth has led me to discover an inherent link between the Phase Void, and the organization known as Overwatch."

"What do you even plan to find?"

"Any form of Phase Void research. Our world's research alone isn't enough to fix The Convergence Incident. Perhaps there was something we missed that the other world picked up on

As soon as Wattson had said that, a noise echoed from behind the two of them. They turned around and were greeted by the sight of Winston and Mei.

"Stop what you're doing, you're under arrest."

"Is that a talking monkey?!"

"Monk- I'm a scientist!"

"Gah! It looks angry!"

Gibraltar proceeded to fire at the ape, causing Winston to instinctively duck for cover. Mei returned fire, prompting Wattson to find some cover of her own.

"You get the small one, I got the big one!"

Natalie nodded, pulling out her Peacekeeper and getting ready for a fight.

Wattson knows the layout of Eco Point Antarctica and Mei by default should too. Wattson has a Peacekeeper and a G7 Scout equipped, both fully kitted with the best gear. Wattson also has 2 of each grenade available to her.

Mei is 0.008 tons and Wattson is 0.00308 tons, 0.0706 tons with her equipment.

Speed equalized, and victory determined by death or incapacitation.

May the better scientist win.

atdtgiphq8831.png
36aaaaeb580f226c5d1a48c2a8821dad.jpg

Okay I didn't read through the story because idc, so Mei ig creates ice walls which would require Watton to use her explosives to break in an efficient manner
So how much she has of those and how good is her null in the context of this match?

Wattson's Pylon intercepts throwable items and heavy artillery by vaporizing them with electricity. This is how it works. Mei's ult most likely will be vaporized by the Pylon. However, the Pylon can be physically destroyed with bullets or by simply just hitting it. The Pylon also charges Wattson's shields.

She has 6 grenades. 2 arc stars, 2 thermites, and 2 frags. Besides that, Wattson has a Peacekeeper shotgun and a G7 Scout which are a lever action shotgun, and a mid to long range semi-auto rifle.

Oh, and Wattson can create barriers of electricity that stun people who walk through them.

Wattson's Pylon intercepts throwable items and heavy artillery by vaporizing them with electricity. This is how it works. Mei's ult most likely will be vaporized by the Pylon. However, the Pylon can be physically destroyed with bullets or by simply just hitting it. The Pylon also charges Wattson's shields.
Well GG Mei ******, her main weapon doesn't shoot bullets but that freezing gas so Python stomps

Icicles wouldn't get Pylon'd, which would allow Mei to destroy the Pylon. The question remains: would Mei use her ult before, or after the Pylon is put down. If before, she may stand a chance. If after, Snowball gets vaped.

As I see that thing requires a territory.
Mei can still attack from distance and if Watson would give her damage Mei would heal herself. Also blizzard so I think Mei likely takes it after time.

Last edited:
i think i vote Wattson

Mei is more of a scientist then a fighter and the only thing the she has is the ap and dura advantage

i think i vote Wattson

Mei is more of a scientist then a fighter and the only thing the she has is the ap and dura advantage
Well, as far as I know Watson is also more scientist rather than fighter.
Although I think we forgot the part of wincons to mention something I'll try to do this for myself.
Wattson win con: defend the pylon which would destroy the main Mei's attacks, and then kill Mei.
Mei win con which I found: Destroy Pylon and then kill Wattson by her main attacks or kill Wattson when she activated Pylon but by long attacks.
As far as I understand.
So I'm gonna still choose Mei since her Self-healing technically gives her right to do a mistake for later actions.

I mean Wattson can set up electric fences as well to make sure Mei keeps her distance. Mei ice blocking herself would be nothing if not detrimental. Also Wattson has no qualms engaging people in combat since the Apex Games have a form of resurrection for their players, so shooting people is second nature to her. She has the combat experience to go against ruthless assassins and trained marksmen like Revenant and Bloodhound.

True, however, Mei still is able to place her ice block in some territory which gives to her defensive advantage. And if Wattson is trying to be fighting more in close distance rather than long I think by that reason she have more motives to remove herself from the Pylon zone as far as I understand.
Although Mei's PVE ability is compensating her not being able to fight in Cryo-Freeze, but that's can be disscused only when OW2 will come out as far as I understand.

Would just like to point out that unlike in-game, Mei's gun freezes things instantly rather than over time and it has a longer range than in-game so that might give Wattson some trouble

Yeah but if Wattson throws Snowball at the Pylon, Snowball gets vaped. Ice walling would be disadvantageous to Mei since Wattson can melt them down with thermites or continue building up her defense with electric fences. Wattson also has a shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle that's useful at mid to long ranges.

Yeah but if Wattson throws Snowball at the Pylon, Snowball gets vaped. Ice walling would be disadvantageous to Mei since Wattson can melt them down with thermites or continue building up her defense with electric fences. Wattson also has a shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle that's useful at mid to long ranges.
How does the pylon work?

Would be curious and ask how much and fast Wattson is able to build Pylon, and does she built some in the beggining of the fight?

She has 6 grenades. 2 arc stars, 2 thermites, and 2 frags. Besides that, Wattson has a Peacekeeper shotgun and a G7 Scout which are a lever action shotgun, and a mid to long range semi-auto rifle.

Oh, and Wattson can create barriers of electricity that stun people who walk through them.

I mean Mei is pretty damn smart and she doesnt usually lead with Blizzard right off the bat and if she sees that the pylons vaporize stuff it's not like shes going just huck snowball at them, though would Mei's icicles be considered bullets or would they fall under thrown weapons?

Considering that Snowball is pretty intelligent for a little flying machine, he likely wouldn't be easy to be thrown into the Pylon. Don't sure if Pylon would counter Blizzard itself, but it have potential to reach snowball. Since Mei's Icicles also showed to freeze an object after reaching it in zero hour. I believe she had a good chance to freeze Pylon from distance by herself.

Mei's ice walls can be melted with thermites and she can't freeze Wattson if she's walling herself in. Plus, Wattson can throw frags to distract Mei and shoot her from the other side. Also since this is Eco Point: Antarctica, Wattson can run around and hide behind cover to set herself up for better vantage points.

Mei's ice walls can be melted with thermites and she can't freeze Wattson if she's walling herself in. Plus, Wattson can throw frags to distract Mei and shoot her from the other side. Also since this is Eco Point: Antarctica, Wattson can run around and hide behind cover to set herself up for better vantage points.
...Can wattson withstand arctic temperatures...?

Yes? She's fought on World's Edge, which has arctic locations.

While true, Ice walls can be melted via thermites. Mei can use just another ice wall later and not as much limited as amount of thermites. Also it would take a time, to melt ice wall, ice is maybe easy to melt for fire, however we must also consider the word "wall" on it. For that time Mei can even hide and change tactics.
The problem is soon or early she also must get out for attack. And it probably requires time for walling herself in, so it shouldn't stop Mei from just freezing at least one of body parts in long distance.
And Mei is still able to build ice walls, or just freeze it in the second.
Well there's not much place to hide actually(Nepal in other hand). Wattson can but not for long especially since Mei is also able to speed up herself by ice like she did in one of her POG.

I think another thing to consider is that Wattson can just straight up vaporise people with her equipment.

I think another thing to consider is that Wattson can just straight up vaporise people with her equipment.
well, as I see she needs to touch an opponent. Mei can same froze Wattson and as states by weekly in more higher range than touching.

Back