• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Hungry Monsters - All for One vs Cole MacGrath

Not this Evil Cole. He's only got contact based drain, and lightning bolts that cause you to explode with electricity, which can be dodged.

But this is more thematic (-_-)

(I was gonna give him a rematch against Kessler, since he now has an AP advantage)

Evil Cole also has that homing lightning Palpatine style. Actually even Good Cole has it.

Homing lightning is never good for anyone. Even if you use shockwaves, lightning is still lightning and can really mess up your muscle movement

I shall be the lone Evil Cole voter

I mean.

Way I see it All for One kinda just power SUCCs

Just like this but with giant bone tendrils.
Suck Suck SUCC
Suck Suck SUCC

Actually hang on how did All Might deal with All for One, even?

All for One didn't really use his bone tendrils against All Might in their final battle. I don't really know why, he used them against his subordinates to help them escape, but not against the heroes. CIS maybe?

Pretty sure that's PIS. Unless he doesn't like hax or something.

If his electricity was an actual thing, he wouldn't have had to worry about sasha as her mindhax sauce would just evaporate as it got into his eyes.

Gigawatt blades could work.

Until he uses Jet Prepulsion to teleport behind Cole and say "Omea wa mou Shinduru"

I think its safe to say the mechanics of a mind control tar that allows someone to teleport is very different to bones.

Yup

Radar pulse and letting electricity around you like he constantly does says hello back. Then again I dont think Cole would go close up or let him close in either

Cole is usually a range fighter, but he's shown in the comics and cutscenes that he isn't afraid to get up close. But AfO's numerous stat amping quirks may make that a risky move (seriously, he has like 5 that enhance his strength, and another that amps his power)

Radar sense may help with teleport, as it can keep up with teleporters like Sasha and Nix, but AfO can use the portals in a manner similar to Janemba, which is a little different than what Cole has dealt with. But given he is used to fighting multiple enemies, it may even out.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
I think its safe to say the mechanics of a mind control tar that allows someone to teleport is very different to bones.

Radar pulse and letting electricity around you like he constantly does says hello back. Then again I dont think Cole would go close up or let him close in either
Both would get fried on impact if it was an actual thing of Cole's.

Still, air propulsion+grab+Powersucc Good Game is a perfectly valid strategy.

Should also be noted that bones are apparently a poor conductor of electricity

Though, they can still be dodged or countered by shields and shockwaves

@DMUA

Wait what, the gas? I mean it's completely different from bones.

@PTS

But typically we'd see Cole fight from afar. Never truly relying on melee unless absolutely necessary. Even with Kessler he stuck with melee.

@DMUA

Do want to point out speed is equalized so uh, saying that would work is like saying Cole would just stand there staring in shock as All for One gets in front of him and does that to him. I mean the guy's gonna go Palpatine on him.

And also want to point out that Gigawatt blades wouldn't care about bones whether you're a pure conductor or not. Cole can likely just shred any bone that gets to him too or propel himself with his own shockwave. More importantly the shockwaves of evil mode electrocutes anything it passes by.

And when has All for one drained electricity again? Just wanted to clarify. Epecially on Cole's level whose electricity isn't really just conventional electricity if we trust that black red lightning.

Yeah, but still, if Cole does decide to go in for the melee, it may cost him, but his history of going CQC is mixed at best

Well yeah, the gigawatt blades should still work, it cut off the limb of David Warner, who is electrically resistant himself

DMUA is talking about how AfO can steal Cole's powers. We assume he can due to SBA, and since Quirks are genetics based, just like the Conduit gene, it it likely that AfO can steal Cole's Conduit abilities and leave him powerless. They aren't different enough to assume that AfO can't steal his powers.

MHA is basically set in the inFamous 2 evil ending, where everyone has superpowers and people who don't have superpowers are the minority and looked down upon.

Key word is if. And even then gigawatt blades are pretty annoying.

Exactly.

Doesn't he need to make contact in order to do that? At the same time, you need to be a literal conduit of energy in order to take in elements that a conduit could use. Or at least in the case of Cole. That might be a pretty bad idea for AfO, and that's if he doesn't get electrocuted heavily first. I mean, sure, bone not so great conductor, but then again so is ice, rubber, and many other material. But Cole just shocked thorugh them fine

Nahhh it's clearly Sky High

Hmm.

Seems like an inconclusive. If All for One gets too close he could easily pummel Cole with stat boosts and power S U C C, but Cole's AP advantage can help him from a range as he tosses gigawatt blades all over the place.

@COB

Yeah, his bone drills need to make contact in order to drain. It sure about the conduit thing, but I think Quirk users and Conduits are similar enough to assume that the powers can be drained. It can probably bust the bones at least, since even in game Cole's bolts can bust concrete and bricks, both of which are horrible conductors. It probably just won't conduct through the bone to harm AfO.

Everybody knows that MHA is the manga adaptation of Sky High

@DMUA

VoTe counted

I don't see why it's incon just because of the possiblity of powersteal. Cole's got a lot of time to just shoot him, and it's not like he's going to just let AFO physically hit him. Even if he's not got prior knowledge of the power drain, it's not like he's cocky enough to just let the menacing man attacking him touch him on purpose. Cole's dealt with teleporters like Sasha and Kessler before, AFO's stuff shouldn't immedately overwhelm him. He's also got shockwaves and stuff to throw AFO around, as that's more dependent on the opponents weight and he can easily toss cars with that sort of thing. With the shockwaves, Cole can control the range of engagement to his liking, combined with the starting range advantage resulting in Cole shooting AFO until he dies. If Cole absolutely has to get in close, he's got the busted arc lightbing you get while on an evil playthrough, as well as bio leech as a last resprt if he's got no other options than melee. Voting Cole.

Kessler was able to grab Cole with a burst of speed, and wouldn't you know it, Air Propulsion is pretty useful for that.

Kessler caught Cole off guard at the end there because he was nearly dead and Cole had no real reason to expect that. He also doesn't start right next to him per SBA, whereas when Kessler did his thing Cole was basically standing over his body. AFO has the higher lifting strength, as I'm pretty sure he's not got metal hands or the like so the magnetism stat isn't too useful, meaning Cole's probably not going to get out of the grab, but I don't see how that's going to come into play when Cole starts at a range favorable to him and had tools to keep the for who clearly struggles more at that range away from him.

Kessler also has the advantage of literally being Cole, so he's aware of his own general mindset in a fight and as such can plan feint traps like that based off of predicting Cole's response. It helps that he was also basically dead and as such the final burst of energy was unexpected. AFO doesn't have that luxury.

Back