• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cultivator vs Villain: Ji Ning vs All for One

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
During an inheritance trial of the Black-White Sect, Ji Ning is accidentally warped to the minor world of Earth, years after his first life ended. He sees a world of heroes and villains on the brink of collapse and a pale-haired monster bringing Earth's heroes to ruin. Witnessing this, he draws his swords and steps in against All for One, opting to defend his old world one last time. The Symbol of Evil is curious about the unknown young man who looks at him not with horror and rage, but a calm and grim confidence. He snorts and prepares to add one more "minor" casualty to his record.

Zifu Disciple Ji Ning and Final War Arc All for One are used. Win via incapacitation. Otherwise SBA. Speed is equalized. Windwing Evasion is restricted for Ning.

Ji Ning: 1 (TheRustyOne, )

All for One: 0

Inconclusive: 0

latest
latest

Last edited:
Ning uses Soulshaker Art in character but it's far from a constant opening move. It'd depend on how All for One approaches things.

His regeneration isn't infinite and enough constant harm will exhaust it.

Plus, All for One has a major LS advantage too.

But I'm open to how others view things. I just want my boy to fight ;_;

Ning uses Soulshaker Art in character but it's far from a constant opening move. It'd depend on how All for One approaches things.

Their are other characters that can work

Put Ning in a situation he doesn't want to kill, that would rule out Soul Hax gg and allow a fight to happen.

Can't think of many situations like that.

But I take it that this fight is unfair?
Put Ning in a situation he doesn't want to kill, that would rule out Soul Hax gg and allow a fight to happen.

During an inheritance trial of the Black-White Sect, Ji Ning is accidentally warped to the minor world of Earth, years after his first life ended. He sees a world of heroes and villains on the brink of collapse and a pale-haired monster bringing Earth's heroes to ruin. Witnessing this, he draws his swords and steps in against All for One, opting to defend his old world one last time. The Symbol of Evil is curious about the unknown young man who looks at him not with horror and rage, but a calm and grim confidence. He snorts and prepares to add one more "minor" casualty to his record.
Go and write the Fanfiction already, you got the plot ready. I'll await the result to read it. Ji Ning would function well on the Earth since, well, he was from there initially plus he's not a murder-hobo.

Kinda hard with soul hax if the other party can't defend at all. But if its not the first move then maybe he has a way....will have to wait for some MHA users.

Go and write the Fanfiction already, you got the plot ready. I'll await the result to read it. Ji Ning would function well on the Earth since, well, he was from there initially plus he's not a murder-hobo.
Lmfao. Would be interesting to see ngl.
Kinda hard with soul hax if the other party can't defend at all. But if its not the first move then maybe he has a way....will have to wait for some MHA users.
I guess I'll go with XDragnoir's suggestion.

I don't know if All For One has the ability to overcome Low-High regeneration, though it sounds like it has a limit? All For One having higher LS might not mean much since he's a long ranged fighter whose main method of fighting is spamming large long ranged attacks to wear his opponent down.

AFO has superior range, since Ji Ning's profile says Hundreds of Meters while AFO's range is Tens of Kilometers. AFO also has Search, a Quirk that tells him the "everything" about someone including locations and weaknesses.

Obviously he won't really know everything, there's no backing for that, but from what we've seen Search does tell you a person's power and abilities. He won't know Ji Ning skill level or how he'll use them, it should just tell him what "powers" he possess.

However, I noticed this on the profile. Windwing Evasion boost his speed by ten to a hundred times, which is more than enough for a blitz.

I have to ask how is that factoring in here?

I don't know if All For One has the ability to overcome Low-High regeneration, though it sounds like it has a limit? All For One having higher LS might not mean much since he's a long ranged fighter whose main method of fighting is spamming large long ranged attacks to wear his opponent down.
Basically, if he's forced to regenerate too many times, he runs out of divine power and can die for real if he doesn't get time to recuperate.
AFO has superior range, since Ji Ning's profile says Hundreds of Meters while AFO's range is Tens of Kilometers. AFO also has Search, a Quirk that tells him the "everything" about someone including locations and weaknesses.
Ning's range was supposed to be changed to kilometers but AfO still wins in that regard anyway. Regardless, he'll close the distance as soon as he can.
Obviously he won't really know everything, there's no backing for that, but from what we've seen Search does tell you a person's power and abilities. He won't know Ji Ning skill level or how he'll use them, it should just tell him what "powers" he possess.
I see. Good to know.
However, I noticed this on the profile. Windwing Evasion boost his speed by ten to a hundred times, which is more than enough for a blitz.
AfO is faster in base, so the boost wouldn't be allowed IIRC.

So the fight cannot happen then? From what I understand these types of fights cannot be added to profiles in this case.

Can Ji Ning fly? Since AFO is just going to range spam up in the air, unless he can annoy AFO into coming down.

Which... might not be hard to do since he has a massive ego.

I imagine AFO will just die if Ji Ning manages to get close, just going off his page. Also, he is 297 Gigatons? Enough AP to cut his head right off with a blade.

So the fight cannot happen then? From what I understand these types of fights cannot be added to profiles in this case.
Do you mean due to the incapacitation clause? Or the speed issue?
Can Ji Ning fly? Since AFO is just going to range spam up in the air, unless he can annoy AFO into coming down.
He can achieve Pseudo-Flight be flying while standing on a sword.
I imagine AFO will just die if Ji Ning manages to get close, just going off his page. Also, he is 297 Gigatons? Enough AP to cut his head right off with a blade.
He scales very far above that value but I imagined that the range and hax like spatial manipulation as well as telekinesis would give him an edge.

Do you mean due to the incapacitation clause? Or the speed issue?
Speed issue. Incapacitation is fine.

"Any speed equalized match, in which a major reason a character loses is due to having a disadvantage against some speed value they usually wouldn't have a disadvantage against, may not be added to profiles."

The rules say the fight cannot be added to the profiles.

Speed issue. Incapacitation is fine.

"Any speed equalized match, in which a major reason a character loses is due to having a disadvantage against some speed value they usually wouldn't have a disadvantage against, may not be added to profiles."

The rules say the fight cannot be added to the profiles.
......That's the rule I mean. It means Ning can't use his Windwing as a win condition. Not that the match is completely unviable.

......That's the rule I mean. It means Ning can't use his Windwing as a win condition. Not that the match is completely unviable.

It says the match cannot be added period.

Nowhere does it say they can't use their speed amp as win condition but the match can still be valid.

It doesn't say what you said.

It says the match cannot be added period.

Nowhere does it say they can't use their speed amp as win condition but the match can still be valid.

It doesn't say what you said.
I'll go check with other staff but I'm fairly sure we just ignore the amp in this case. Will confirm either way.

I'll go check with other staff but I'm fairly sure we just ignore the amp in this case. Will confirm either way.
You can just restrict the ability in the OP since it has a separate rating from his normal speed.

"An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one, and is one the character can consciously restrict themselves from using. In this case, the match can be added."

However, if the ability didn't have a separate rating you wouldn't be able to restrict it per our rules.

Now going by this train of thought.

Sounds like Ji Ning takes this rather easily. He's scaling very far above 297 Gigatons while AFO is just 139 Gigatons, so he's inferior slightly over 2 times inferior to a number Ji Ning scales very far above. AFO's attacks can be easily countered with his own attacks and he'll do far less damage to Jin Ning in comparison.

While AFO does have dura negation in the form of spatial manipulation, it's not his first move and his range with that attack wasn't shown to be very big. Which means he'll be close to Ji Ning who just crushes him instantly up close. And the attack wouldn't kill him away.

He could try to restrain with his tendrils, but this guy can easily slice them away before they touch him. AFO lacks any non physical method of restraining, meaning it can be countered by cutting his attacks away. Also, AFO himself has no way to counter Danmaku once he enters Ji Ning's range.

So they don't even need to be close for Ji Ning to win. Sure AFO would be wary of that thanks to Search, but he won't exactly how he uses these techniques. I can see AFO getting wary enough to use the Rewind drug on himself to make himself physically invincible.

But rewind doesn't protect against soul manipulation, it only rewinds physical wounds. Not only that but the more damage AFO takes the faster he rewinds until eventually he'll erase himself from existence. His super charged attacks are still going to be inferior to Ji Ning so they're at best going to normal damage to him.

Actually, how would that work? If AFO dies by Rewind who wins? He wasn't incapacitated but was erased from existence by his own equipment.

Which is being generous from what I'm reading. This guy's skill and abilities are insane, vastly beyond anything MHA could ever hope to achieve.

Yeah I don't think AFO has anything that can put this guy down before getting put down himself, so Ji Ning wins with low difficulty.

Alright, I'll put you down for Ning. BTW, doesn't AfO have TK?

Back