• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential upgrade

I know, but other characters "shaking the earth" have been upgraded to small country level, so I'm wandering what the difference is and whether or not the upgrade can be applied here too.

It's not explicitly stated but the magnitude of the earthquake was a 10.5 already and in the above calc a magnitude 10 earthquake is already small planet level.

However the panel also states that it was equal to a one-teraton explosion...which doesn't seem to be consistent to either calc.

Hyperion shakes the Earth

There's nothing in that scan about the entire planet being affected by the earthquake.

I realize that - my mistake.

But there's still the fact of the one-teraton statement and the magnitude of the earthquake, which contradict his current rating - though the teraton and magnitude 10.5 statement contradict each other too.

Let's see, the earthquake rating was stated to be an estimate and a feat stated to be 1 teraton and creating a magnitude 10.5 is obviously more likely to be intended as a 1 teraton feat than a feat of an energy value equivalent to a 10.5 scale earthquake which may not be readily apparent to the author.

That said I am not knowledgeable on marvel comics so my judgement may not mean much.

But it was said that the seismic energy yield would be equal to a one-teraton explosion.

Though I suppose if the earthquake wasn't worldwide than it could reach that magnitude as well as the energy value.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable on earthquakes though.

Back