• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magnus Chase | Upgrading the Gods

So the 2-C thread pretty much died, so now is my chance to do this.

In Thor's profile, it is listed: "Moon level (Destined to kill Jormungand, which can circle around the entire planet)"

While we don't have a visual representation of this feat (only a weakened World Serpent), we do have this calc that KingTempest worked on for off-screen Jormungandr.

This would upgrade Thor and Jormungand to 5-A, and anyone who scales to or above them would also be upgraded to 5-A. There is no anti-feats as this is only feat that Thor himself scales to. This will also affect the Lighting Strength.

Also, it was not said in the book that Jormugandr had weakened. Only that he was just partially awake and that if Magnus did not release him, he would wake up and destroy the world. So his size at Sword of Summer is likely the same as his size at Ragnarok.
Ran snarled. ‘Once brought to the surface, the World Serpent is not simply bound by your fishing line. He is connected to you by fate! You must now decide, and quickly, whether to cut him loose and return him to his slumber, or let him awaken fully and destroy your world!’
In the back of my neck, something snapped like a rusty spring – probably the last bit of my courage. I looked at the World Serpent. For the first time, I noticed that his glowing green peepers were covered by a thin translucent membrane – a second set of eyelids.
‘You mean he’s only partially awake?’
‘If he were fully awake,’ said the goddess, ‘your entire Eastern Seaboard would already be underwater.’

Last edited:
Also, it was not said in the book that Jormugandr had weakened. Only that he was just partially awake and that if Magnus did not release him, he would wake up and destroy the world. So his size at Sword of Summer is likely the same as his size at Ragnarok.
So doesn't this mean that partially awakened and fully awakened Jormungandr aren't the same size? Especially since the dialogue you mentioned seems to treat partially awoken and full awoken Jormungadr differently?

I remembered why Jormungand was called the World Serpent. Supposedly his body was so long it wrapped around the earth, stretching across the sea floor like a monstrous telecommunication cable. Most of the time he kept his tail in his mouth — Hey, I used a pacifier until I was almost two, so I can’t judge— but apparently he’d decided our bull’s-head bait was worth the switch.
-Sword of Summer, Chapter 33-
JORMUNGAND— the World Serpent, born of Loki’s affair with a giantess; his body is so long it wraps around the earth
-Sword of Summer, Glossary-

We can use both. We can use the radius of anaconda and Jormugandr to find their area (as a circle) and then divide Jormugandr's by that of anaconda. Then we multiply the difference between the two by the difference in their height. After since we have already found the difference between the three dimensions, we multiply the weight directly by it without taking cube of it.

Last edited:
We can use both. We can use the radius of anaconda and Jormugandr to find their area (as a circle) and then divide Jormugandr's by that of anaconda. Then we multiply the difference between the two by the difference in their height. After since we have already found the difference between the three dimensions, we multiply the weight directly by it without taking cube of it.
TK's calc uses the size for an anaconda, so wouldn't his calc work?

Last edited:
KingTempest's calculation assumes that the ratio between Jormugandr's radius and the radius of an anaconda is the same as the ratio between Jormugandr's and the anaconda's lengths. That Jormugandr should have a radius of over 1000,000 meters, but the Jormugandr in the Magnus Chase series only has a radius of 7.62 meters. The difference makes it impossible to use KingTempest's calc (or any simple cube-the-difference calc) to scale Mr. J.

Last edited:
KingTempest's calculation assumes that the ratio between Jormugandr's radius and the radius of an anaconda is the same as the ratio between Jormugandr's and the anaconda's lengths. That Jormugandr should have a radius of over 1000,000 meters, but the Jormugandr in the Magnus Chase series only has a radius of 7.62 meters. The difference makes it impossible to use KingTempest's calc (or any simple cube-the-difference calc) to scale Mr. J.
So we replace some of the values from KT’s calc and should get the right value right?

No. Since the difference between their radii is large, the difference between their volumes is also large. Since weight is simply density times volume, their weights are different. I meant speed, lenght, anaconda measurements and possibly acceralation.

Last edited:
No. Since the difference between their radii is large, the difference between their volumes is also large. Since weight is simply density times volume, their weights are different. I meant speed, lenght, anaconda measurements and possibly acceralation.
Would you be able to calc it?

I guess we can't use it. When she said he would destroy the world, she may have meant that he would cause terrible destruction throughout the world. Besides, it was said in Hotel Valhalla Guide to the Norse Worlds that he will only cause tsunamis through the shores of the Earth, and it was his little brother Fenris who will 'open his jaws to consume worlds'.

Back