• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential new Editing Rule: Inappropriate profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeyu

VS Battles
Retired
Recently, a profile (edit: it has been removed, but was for Barney the Dinosaur) has come to our attention which was generally been agreed on by staff and frequent users thus far to be inappropriate for our Wiki. While the nebulous reliability of this character and its feats has been discussed in other threads, the bigger issue is how to handle profiles that generally are inappropriate for a feat-reliant character statistics Wiki.

I propose the following as an addition to the Editing Rules page:

• Preferably avoid adding character profiles that may be inappropriate or perceived to be in poor taste. This may include characters, weapons, etcetera, that are ill-suited for a statistics-indexing wiki, due to having no reliable feats, or ones from media which may be too controversial or otherwise unnecessary to be featured. This includes content that would strictly be added as a joke; for example, Barney the Dinosaur or the Teletubbies.
(The original definition was changed)

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

Maybe something like this instead?

"Preferably avoid adding character profiles that may be inappropriate or perceived to be in poor taste. This may include characters, weapons, etcetera, that are ill-suited for a statistics-indexing wiki, due to having no reliable feats, or ones from media which may be too controversial or otherwise unnecessary to be featured. This includes content that would strictly be added as a joke, for example Barney the dinosaur or the Teletubbies."

Yes, that would probably be better. As I mentioned earlier, I'm a bit exhausted right now. x-x

Should I put that in the OP?

Antvasima said:
"Preferably avoid adding character profiles that may be inappropriate or perceived to be in poor taste. This may include characters, weapons, etcetera, that are ill-suited for a statistics-indexing wiki, due to having no reliable feats, or ones from media which may be too controversial or otherwise unnecessary to be featured. This includes content that would strictly be added as a joke, for example Barney the dinosaur or the Teletubbies."
Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back