• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Flashpoint Superman's Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel and DC comicbooks tend to keep movement speed and flight speed as separate issues, even though it does not particularly make sense.

Well, he can clearly react at those speeds and outrace light in the first scan I posted.

And there's this too, sniping spaceships with heat vision while moving at ftl speeds:

Fltlss2

Hmm. I am uncertain. The first scan may fall under Aim Dodging, but the second may or may not count as "At least FTL movement speed".

I have highlighted this thread to get more input.

I agree with Canis Latrans2.

The first looks to be aim dodging considering Batman is still peak human in movements, including his head of which he faces towards Supes' direction.

The second is idk. He could be sniping or randomly firing in the ships' directions, considering both he and the ships were just flying in a straight line with a bit of strafes to left, right, up and down, but if those beam attacks are lightspeed as well, then yeah, lightspeed movement.

Maybe "Unknown. At least FTL" movement speed?

I don't think it's aim dodging. Superman moved after the beam was fired, but I'm going to need more evidence that this was actually light that was fired in the form of a beam and not just another case of "lasers in fiction". Him destroying ships while flying at high speeds seem legit however.

Unknown. At Least FTL movement speed seems fine.

Also, in the fight with doomsday it would still count as travel speed. Though they were flying that fast, they weren't actually trading blows at that speed. The vast distance between planets allows superhuman beings to battle before actually hitting a celestial body.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. I am uncertain. The first scan may fall under Aim Dodging, but the second may or may not count as "At least FTL movement speed".
You can see that Superman is behind Batman when he fires the light, but he's in front of the girl when the light reaches her.

I think him being ftl in Combat speed as well would make more sense. He can perceive things while flying at that speed, and, from what I saw in his page, he's only listed as MSH+ because of two statements about his speed.

His brain can process in seconds what a supercomputer would take years:

Superbrain

I don't think it was stated what it actually was. But it looks like light. And when Batman is transformed he ssays that there's light coming out of his body.

And it can match Clark's heat vision:

Light

If it's not stated to be real (sun) light then stating it's that fast is an assumption. The context of the two beams matching the other is vague, we have no idea the time period in which they were fired in correlation to the other therefore it's difficult to decipher whether they are equal in speed or simply attack potency.

Though, I think we should put in the speed that under the Earth's atmosphere he has only shown to be able to go at lightning speed.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Also, in the fight with doomsday it would still count as travel speed. Though they were flying that fast, they weren't actually trading blows at that speed. The vast distance between planets allows superhuman beings to battle before actually hitting a celestial body.
No they were trading blows at that speed though its clear in the comic and the exchange happened inbetween planets

I disagree. They were moving in one direction, in a flight that was completely controlled by Superman. Where's the evidence their limbs can move at this speed?

When they were fighting, all blows occured only when Superman was carrying Doomsday, hence, neither had to be FTL in combat speed to land a hit on the other.

As to your other point, I know. I was simply mentioning that this wasn't impressive either due to the large distances between celestial bodies.

I inserted "At least FTL" with a link to the first image (given that in a science-fiction environment pure energy should move at the speed of light, and that Superman intercepted the beam after it was shot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back