• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Upgrade for the Universal Abstracts (Marvel Comics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the Infinity Gauntlet not just be 'Likely Low 1-C' or just 'Low 1-C' at that point? Especially since there was this sca that would support it.

It was used a while ago when High 2-A was still a thing and the Infinity Gauntlet was 'At least 2-A, likely High 2-A.' It shows that the Infinity Gems contain multiverses and higher realities.

It contains a very tiny multiverse of parallel universes though, but I suppose that it may count anyway.

ÔÇÿAt least 2-A, likely Low 1-C, possibly higher' just seems really cluttered to me, so I feel like just ÔÇÿLikely Low 1-C' or ÔÇÿLow 1-C' seems better.

If the universal abstracts and mystical entities and others are not to have a straight 1-C key and the choices are between possibly/likely. In my opinoin it make more sense to use likely considering the favorable amount of evidence brought by staff and others on this thread.

I am more in favor of "Possibly" myself, considering how the interpretation seems to differ from story to story. If we were to turn their tier into a full exchange between two parties, it would look something like this:

Q: "Are the universal abstracts 1-C?" A: "Possibly. Which story are you reading?"

Not like this:

Q: "Are the universal abstracts 1-C?" A: "It's pretty likely. Which story are you reading?"

But that's just my opinion on the matter. I think my earlier reply made it clear that I may not be interpreting some of the less conventional tiers quite right.

So, like '2-A, possibly Low 1-C' for the abstracts and maybe 'Possibly/Likely Low 1-C' for the Infinity Gauntlet?

Yes, for the universal abstracts. I am uncertain about whether the IG should get "possibly" or "likely" though. What do you think ClassicNESfan?

The Infinity Gauntlet is consistently far more powerful than even the combined forces of every abstract in the universe, no matter what their power level is being portrayed as in any particular story. The difficult thing about it is that it has only ever canonically struggled on one occasion, and we count that occasion as an outlier. Pretty much every other proper usage of it involves casually stomping the opponent. A Possibly Low 1-C rating would not be out of place stomping 2-As or lower leveled Low 1-Cs, and it acknowledges that we are not entirely sure about the limits of its power. Likely Low 1-C again acknowledges its consistent superiority over the abstracts but may be making too definitive of a statement for something that has casual feats almost exclusively.

Upon thinking it over, rating the Infinity Gauntlet as Likely Low 1-C, Possibly Higher might be the best option.

Sorry. I hope that wasn't too messy. I'm kind of struggling with all the Likelys and Possiblys. If I've misinterpreted what they are supposed to represent just let me know.

Is somebody willing to ask the other staff members who responded here previously to do so again, to see if they are fine with ClassisNESfan's solution?

You can ask Kepekley23, Matthew, and DMUA as well.

Not to assume anything, but if they were fine with plain 'Low 1-C,' wouldn't they logically be fine with '2-A, possibly Low 1-C?'

LordTracer said:
Not to assume anything, but if they were fine with plain 'Low 1-C,' wouldn't they logically be fine with '2-A, possibly Low 1-C?'
The Phoenix Force will be 'At least 2-A, possibly Low 1-C?' or Low 1-C?

Well, I suppose that this seems fine to apply then. We need somebody who knows what he or she is doing to update the pages with proper justifications for the new statistics though.

Would something like this work?

Eternity: Multiverse level+ (Superior to the likes of the In-Betweener and the strongest Celestials), possibly Low Complex Multiverse level (After merging with Eternity and becoming "one-with-all," Doctor Strange was stated to feel in many more dimensions than the usual four. Created the Eternity-Mask, which allows the wearer to view space-time as a narrative. Should be comparable to Dormammu and superior to Nightmare)

Dormammu (Classic): Multiverse level+ (In an inferior body, he was able to one-shot Umar while she had the Flames of Regency, which could have prevented a singularity that would destroy all universes. Has threatened to destroy the Dark dimension, which has "worlds beyond counting," twice. Stated twice to be capable of challenging or defeating the entire Celestial race), possibly Low Complex Multiverse level (Sustains the existence of the Dark dimension, which has been described as having more dimensions than man's universe. Implied to have killed The Trinity of Ashes and Slorioth, who rival the Vishanti and threaten Eternity just by existing, respectively. One-shot Giraud, who wounded Eternity)

Nightmare (Marvel Comics): Multiverse level+ (Is a member of the Fear-Lords, whose members need to have the power measured on a cosmic scale according to the Book of the Vishanti), possibly Low Complex Multiverse level (Commands and warps the entire Dream-Realm, which has been stated to be higher-dimensional. Put Eternity to sleep by channeling nearly one-third of the world's dreams. However, he is usually treated as considerably less powerful than Dormammu)

SHuman-Gorath: Multiverse level+ (Far superior to entities such as Dormammu, Slorioth and The Trinity of Ashes), possibly Low Complex Multiverse level (Existed before all and before time. Is the emptiness outside all understanding. Exists on a level imperceptible by those on the mortal dimension, and uses avatars to interact with lesser planes. Great Old Ones such as him predate the act of creation)

Everyone who scales to those four's justifications would remain the same.

It seems mostly fine, but the claim that all evil gods are lower manifestations of Great Old Ones is both unproven and never verified by other stories, and in addition we have repeatedly seen them act very independently, so that part should preferably be removed.

@Tracer

Thanks.

@All staff members

Do you think that the current version is fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back