• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible tiering revision?

Got this idea from FC/OC Vs battles wiki:

Tier 12: Lower-Dimensional
12-C: 0-Dimensional Characters

12-B: 1-Dimensional characters

Lines

12-A: 2-Dimensional characters

Planes

Tier 11: Microbes, Insects and Small Animal
11-C: Microbe Level

Bacteria. The higher range of this tier constitute amoebas, while the lower level are single viruses.

11-B: Insect Level

Insects, arachnids, plankton, and the smallest mammals and reptiles.

11-A: Small Mammal Level

Small, non-dangerous animals like squirrels, rabbits, small dogs, and cats. This tier also constitutes small inanimate objects such as rocks.

Well it was implemented like that on FC/OC due to a user suggesting we make a tier for small animals and microbes.

The community here might say no to this but i'll let their words say it here instead.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Well it was implemented like that on FC/OC due to a user suggesting we make a tier for small animals and microbes.
The community here might say no to this but i'll let their words say it here instead.
Ok.

Hmm. This is not a bad idea honestly, and it would not be that big a revision project. I will suggest it to Lord Kavpeny. However, it might take a few months until we can do a revision.

Here's a suggestion, changing font color.

On a serious note, it's not a big change for the wiki and it's not really a bad idea.

I can see it now. A fight of Tier 11 beasts.

A large rat vs a ferret.

Alright. Well i guess i wouldn't mind this being added to the Tiering System, but bringing this to Kavpeny is a good idea.

sounds ok overall imo

very few tier 11 profiles will need to be updated, but there are multiple 10-C profiles that will need to be updated

True. I mean i allowed this to exist since old and new users over at FC/OC might create a profile based on this tier along with the Tier 12 which is rated as 11 over here.

I personally think this sounds like a cool addition. Like Ant said it would affect very minimal amounts of profiles so no issues here

Yes. It would only affect tier 10-C and 11, so the work would be minimal.

Fair enough then. Well as Bureaucrat of FC/OC, i will allow this to be implemented over to here. Though is asking Kavpeny still preferable still? He is my consultant there, though he probably wouldn't mind this being added to here since the work will not be that massive then...

Well, we have a few projects planned for the summer, so this could be included in them.

@Antvasima: Aite. Once more, i'm pretty sure Kavpeny will not mind this here now that i think about it a bit more. I mean it's just another tier section and though this means we have to move all of the Tier 11's here to 12, you and Tribunal did say there isn't a lot, yes?

@Gemmy: Not really sure how you can do that. It goes the same from other wiki's as well whenever you copy and paste something from there to here. Just to say it out here to ya...

Yes. I still have clear it with Kavpeny though.

Ant, don't i get to say this to him as well? Cause Kav is my consultant over from FC/OC. I'd have to at least speak to him about this and see what he says to me as well.

Yes, of course you can mention it as well.

Seeing that most fights in fiction (and in general) are based on creatures that are human-sized or larger, adding tiers that go lower than Below Average Human level (most small animals) are honestly, rather useless as fights rarely, if ever, involve creatures that small in size.

This is redundant.

True, but this is strictly to distinguish the few such characters from regular crippled or out of shape human beings.

Gemmysaur said:
Here's a suggestion, changing font color.
On a serious note, it's not a big change for the wiki and it's not really a bad idea.

I can see it now. A fight of Tier 11 beasts.

A large rat vs a ferret.
Queue D&D enemy profiles!

Yeah I really agree with this. I always liked the way FC/OC handled the lower tiering and like most have said this isn't any major revision whatsoever.

Lord Kavpeny has replied that we will do this at the same time as the tier 6 revision during the summer.

@Ant sounds great. This doesn't seem like something all that big but if help is needed or preferred I'd be happy to assist.

Huh. Although i didn't talk to him about this due to wanting to let him be able to study for his exams, if he says this is alright to do this then i have no issues.

Basilisk1995 found various errors with our current attack potency estimations for this tier. You can check his blog post history if you wish.

Basically it's going to potentially change a lot of the Tier 6's. You'll find more details in his blog post history as what Ant said.

soooo basically tier 6 needs a bit of standardization then

i think i could help with that, which month will that happen then?

I do not know yet. It is up to Kavpeny to decide.

I knew it. Well in any case, i'll wait until he announces us on this when he gets back from his exams...

Back