• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Pacific Rim character tier upgrade

Currently, they are rated as town level, and I think they are city level at least. Things like surviving a nuke (which could easily obliterate a city) or surviving that free fall, Leatherback's throw, and easily destroying cities with the same amount of effort that Legendary Godzilla would, and low end kaiju destroying the Golden Gate bridge and then taking 6 days of bombardment and 3 nukes to kill, I think these characters deserve higher ratings.

While i do gree our Pacific Rim profiles could use a little work, i'd like to point out a couple things:

1) Tanking a nuke doesnt automatically make you City level, nukes can be as low as Town level. Granted some Kaiju such as Slattern have survived 1.2 Megaton explosions.

2) The free-fall from space could actually yield some decent results if it can be calced.

3) Cross-verse scaling isnt allowed, so scaling Pacific Rim Kaiju to Legendary Godzilla doesnt work

4) Destroying the Golden Gate Bridge is (iirc) only a Multi-City Block level feat

Could someone show me where the freefall feat is? I could try to calculate it.

Like Weekly said, Nukes tend to vary from Town level to City level, so we tend to use Town level as a low ball.

As for destroying the Golden Gate Bridge, I did a basic, high ball calc of it and got 1 Kiloton, so it wont really matter.

Well mass (1980000 kg) times acceleration (30 m/s according to this calculator) equals force, which when calculated is around 6 kilotons of force. Not sure if this refers to total TNT equivalent or that Leatherback can lift 6,000 tons. Worth noting this is using canon weights, which are most likely water displacement. Also if weight scale is in effect for a fight this would change.

The Kinetic Energy of their walk cycle would only be 212 Kilograms of TNT, which is Room level, I believe.

Weekly said something about them tanking a 1 Megaton bomb though, that could be usable.

Also, when the bomb was detonated, around 588,800,000,000 cubic feet or 18,378,563,000 US tons of water crashing down on him. I calculated this because Challenger Deep is at a depth of 7 miles, so this is only accounting for the water from the 7 cubic miles of water above Gispy, not counting the water outside of a square mile. Still, 18 billion tons of water hitting you extremly fast is still amazing durability, especially when you are damaged. Meaning that Gipsy's internal machinery and half destroyed leg joint can withstand that hit. So this is a low ball calc.

1 Megaton is Large Town level+ to Small City level.

Back