• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pacific Rimvision 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Stolen meme title, how original of me.

I dunno how to start this CRT so just cue the pacific Rim theme

Now first with the upscaling. Here's why it ain't exactly correct.

Their AP comes from upscaling from Trespasser, who caused a 7.1 magnitude, which is 673.6096872 Kilotons of TNT, which is actually Large Town level+, not Large Town level. Upscaling to Small City level like the profiles do is fine because it's within 1.5x. The issue I take with this are characters like Gipsy Danger upscaling all the way to City level just because the Kaiju they fought are significantly more powerful than Kaiju who are stronger than Tresspaser. As well as the fact that the baseline for City level is 6 times higher than baseline Small City level, it seems like a really iffy tier jump.

My proposal is that all City level characters would be replaced with "At least Small City level" or "At least Small City level, likely higher".

Several other changes I want to make:

- Striker Eureka's "Possibly up to High 7-A with Sting-Blades" should have it's "possibly" removed. The dude straight up harmed Slattern, to the point Slattern started calling for help.

- Gipsy Danger's blades should be upgraded to Large Mountain level as they are consistently shown to be higher than Gipsy itself. It was able to pierce through Slattern, who has High 7-A durability. And could easily slice Raiju and Otachi, who could harm Gipsy.

- For Pacific Rim: Uprising, I'm not sure why dodging missiles and plasma blasts are hypersonic. This should either be removed or at least someone provide me a calc for this. Or just find another speed feat.

Last edited:
Large Town level+ and Large Mountain level look fine for respective proposals, but what's the proposal for the 1.5x multiplier? I also agree that 7-B upscaling is iffy.

AFAIK, you can upscale or downscale a character to another tier as long as the baseline for that tier is within 1.5x of a result. Such examples for this is One Punch Man, where upscaling is used a lot . Such Dragon level threats upscaling to Small City level+ from a 3.3 megaton Low 7-B demon level character.

All of this looks fine to me.
With the 7-B upscaling, I think they should just be taken down to "At least Low 7-B" I don't think the "Likely higher" is necessary really.

I also want to bring up that Slatterns Calculation seems a little off, it looks like the full diameter of the explosion has been used, not radius, among a few other minor things. I'm thinking of redoing it at some point. Doing rough stuff gets it down to Mountain level tho.

With the 7-B upscaling, I think they should just be taken down to "At least Low 7-B" I don't think the "Likely higher" is necessary really.
Ah alright

I also want to bring up that Slatterns Calculation seems a little off, it looks like the full diameter of the explosion has been used, not radius, among a few other minor things. I'm thinking of redoing it at some point. Doing rough stuff gets it down to Mountain level tho.
Cool. Do you think we can get Gipsy's durability via using inverse square law?

I'll probably go find some speed feats

Large size calcs of PR mechs will probably not get to tier 7, the GPE of a 500 meters tall mech I once calced got High 7-C and from what I could find PR ones don't even reach 100

@Armor, I think he means Inverse Square law from the explosion, not the Jaegers size.

As for using it, yeah I'll do that when I redo the calc.

Bumpo.

If we're all in agreement here I think the changes can be applied. we'll have to wait until the new calculation is accepted to downgrade the top tiers however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back