• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overlord upgrades...

Because we are modern humans who can caculate the actual energy and meaning of the movement of those clouds while these midevil characters only understand that cloud movement is impressive? What don't you get? to most people five legendary undead are far more threatening then some moving clouds. They can't calculate the energy required to move the clouds nor do they understand what those movements mean

edit again the only one among them that could possibly understand the meaning of those cloud movements made it abudantly clear the magic was beyond his ability and comprehension. Flueder for all his magical ability doesn't know the amount of energy required to move the clouds at that speed. The thought would never occur to him to caculate such a thing

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Adding my two cents, Death Knights kill people and raise zombies, which can create more zombies which creates a domino effect which also accumulates negative energy which adds even more to the domino effect.
Clouds can affect crops and give you some shade, not much more. Medieval characters also have literally no reason to assume the energy yield of moving clouds quickly is very high, when even people in modern times tend to be quite disconnected with how energy intensive such a thing would be.

But back to the main point, these are legendary undead that have been said to raze battlefields. Clouds are just clouds. One carries far more inherent danger.
Lance covers it pretty well

If the issue here is whether or not we should use non-destructive cloud or rain feats to scale from, I am personally reluctant to use them, as I find them unreliable.

We now have two calcs that throw the cast between 7-b and 6-c. The one argument Ive heard is outlier but we have like three calcalble feats thus far in the entire series. one of them the fallen down calc is far to controversal, (im still in favor of using the crater portion)

the other was a fodder calc that didn't take into account durability or levels of the mud elemental. That feat was also done by a charcter so far beneath the main cast its pretty much worthless for scaling.

Creation was argued enviromental destruction but the calc still came out to 7b if memory serves me so it supports their current rating

So basically the argument is....What? We have five calculable feats, one only really scales to some of the lower cast and the other is controversal, we now have two other feats that throw the cast to 7b and 6c these feats are only controversal because....People don't like them? Even though they fall in line with creation?

It is obviously a problem if we have nothing else that is useful to scale from. Are there any other useful feats that have not been calculated yet?

None that scale to the top cast, ainz uses death hax in most situation, metoer fall and nuclear blast might give us something but we don't know how powerful they are cause the novel doesn't go into detail on the destruction they cause. Even if we get a rating from nuclear blast it is known as the weakest of the ninth teir spells....

We can't create a scaling chain because nothing compares to ainz and co in neworld and has feats. The best feats we have for the moment are the crater portion of fallen down (controversal), creation and cloud movment. these throw them between 6c and 7b

Its not your fault ant, no need to aplogize.

Ask anyone who loves the series overlord has few feats and even fewer calculable feats, of the five feats Ive listed only three of them are usable for scaling to the top cast and those are creation and the cloud movements. (Fallen down is to controversial and the other feat was done by fodder that's not remotely comparable to the main cast.) Even I think the cloud feat is shaky but this series doesn't give us a lot to work with and cloud feats are generally accepted around here.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I don't know a good solution to this. Sorry.
Overlord has very, very few detailed feats. The few that exist are in the Tier 6 range.

Well, I suppose that we may have to reluctantly use the cloud calculation until some better feats turn up then, but I am quite uneasy with using them overall.

Also it doesn't help that the few statements of city-country destruction either

1. Don't mean legit destruction/ Or at least not in one city/country busting attack

2. Are renderred questionable by the nature of the statements in point 1

So if we do not perform any downgrades until we have better feats to scale from, is there anything left to do here?

I personally still believe in 6-C Overlord, but 7-B is fine.

I don't know if this can be considered as a feat or not, but apparently Ainz destroyed the mountain when fighting against Cure Elim in the side history
Batalla conjtra Cure Elim

They were fighting inside of a mountain, Cure used his zombie armor (which is several kilometers wide) and in the art there's not a mountain anymore

The terrain at his destination was surprisingly open. A corner of the mountain was abnormally flat and expanded in all directions. It was over two kilometers in length and breadth. Surely that could not have been some naturally-occurring prodigy.

Nothing to calculate, just hax transmuting flat surface to a desert although the correct clarification would be that he 'killed' ground.

So now it seems like the choices are

1) Upgrade God tiers to 6-C

2) Wait for potentially better/clearer feats and keeping the profiles as they are for now

Can you remind us the reasons for option #1 please?

Well, I would personally prefer option #2 if that is the case.

Probably doesn't help, but weather control does seem to be seen as an incredible power in Overlord

However, once the lizardmen felt this kind of autumn-like wind, they realised that the opponent possessed great power. Power to control the weather, which was supposedly an uncontrollable natural phenomenon.

tbf though, i'm also not a big fan of cloud calcs, but they're a thing, so there's no reason not to use them as long as they are valid

Well, you can ask a few calc group members to comment here if you wish. They have higher authority than me when it comes to evaluating these types of problems.

Back