• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overlord upgrades...

You go to their message walls and ask them to comment here.

I'm not entirely sure what this is proposing, is this for using the vaporization feat that was calced for the faeries? Or is this for scaling between the lower and higher ends of the 8-Cs?

I thought it was obvious with my first post, fodder feat = Invalid. Members of the verse are finding it hard to scale the lower tiers so instead applying it to the god-tiers is a better solution. I wanted you input on this, if you're interested please give your conclusion so that Antvasima can close this.

You mean the current 9-A+/8-C feat? Yeah, I guess I could see problems with that, the calc for that always seemed extremely unclear to me.

Also there's the problem of Gagaran "hurting" Entoma, but I feel both the reasoning in the op and Lancelot's explanation outline why people of that level shouldn't scale

If we could get your thoughts on it that would be helpful

I agree that Gagaran and Entoma shouldn't really scale.

Wasn't Entoma already under the effects of Evileye's bug-repellent spell when Gagaran attacked her?

What's being proposed is that Entoma should scale, but not Gagaran, due to the reasoning early in the thread

Most seem to agree that at least the god tiers should scale to the cloud clearing feat

there is just some arguing about the cloud creation feat for the Pleiades and such, both about the scaling and if it's even usable for attack potency

So, after some discussion in the General Discussion thread, this might be a better solution

God tiers scale to 6-C, as they have no reason not to

while Pleiades and those of that level should be left alone due to scaling issues and Overlord verse mechanic issues until clearer feats present themselves

Sound good to everyone?

Nabe can use 8th tier, so there's no reason for this to not scale to them, if it's really accepted. Ainz also believed that they could survive 10th tier spells.

you are trying to scale buffed doppel Pleiades to the real ones

I heavily disagree

Also this creates a weird situation where Nabe can now one-shot her sisters, which i don't think is ever hinted at

He was gonna throw a Double Maximized Reality Slash on Lupus before he even figured out they were buffed. He certainly believes they could survive it while unamped.

Apeironaxim said:
Also this creates a weird situation where Nabe can now one-shot her sisters, which i don't think is ever hinted at
She can't, that's my problem. Ainz can't one-shot her, she can't one-shot her sisters, Entoma couldn't one-shot Gagaran, that's the whole issue here.

An evileye that stated had it not been for her translocating the damage she would be dead. The lich in the side story died to three reality slashes. Im in favor of upgrading the top teirs and leaving the lower teirs as is until we get more information.

Overlord is, pardon my french, ******* weird about its scaling when people that aren't supposed to be fodder are used for interesting scenes.

Pleiades shouldn't scale to Ainz, not even backscale, for all I care to think about it. It just makes so little sense I don't know what else to say.

Entoma was stomping them when she brought out her strongest insect, had it not been for Tia's suicidal move to save Gagaran she would have been one shotted as it was stated. She then used that insect to hold off Gagaran who couldn't escape. After that Evileye arrived and Entoma's thoughts were:

In previous battles she had always fought her enemy with ease. However at this moment she didn't have such a leisurely spirit. Well, there was no longer any need to hold back. Time to commence a fierce attack.

And no the insects don't scale to Entoma, they get one shotted by Evileye and normally equipment gets the same resistance as their wearer but it was stated this was not the case for her insects. Her trump card also was killed off by Evileye. The second fight resumed with them taking recovery potions (Gagaran and Tina) and they continued taking those same potions until the end of the fight when Evileye stated she used up nearly all her consumables. Did Gagaran and Tia help out? Probably 2% of [Vermin Bane]. It's similar to Ainz being hit by holy by someone of the same level while level 80s physically attack him.

Edit: So refreshing and it seems the discussion, well my point is late in delivery lol

I agree that 6-C control magic is an outlier because it's a mere six tier 6 spell and it makes tier 9 Nuclear Blust and super tier Follen Down seem like nothing.

And even if it's not an outlier it still should only count as environmental destruction because it's definatly not combat applicable

Ugarik said:
I agree that 6-C control magic is an outlier because it's mare six tier 6 spell and it makes tier 9 Nuclear Blust and super tier Follen Down seem like nothing.
And even if it's not an outlier it still should only count as environmental destruction because it's definatly not combat applicable
Ainz specifically didn't use the full potential of Nuclear Blast, which is also stated to be one of the weakest 9th tier spells, and Fallen Down is an anti-undead spell not meant for destruction. Also Fluder guessed it to be higher than 6th tier.

What makes this storm/cloud feat different from others on the wiki that it can't be attributed to attack potency?

Where's this talk of 6-C coming from? Did I miss something that was agreed on another thread?

The cloud moving/clearing feat is in the op, that's what is 6-C

Fluder guessed it was Mare who did it, due to him being a druid, as well as it being a spell higher than 6th tier, hence scaling to the god tiers

The calcs are in the op though

unless you mean top of the op

in that case people should read the entire op ovo

Ugarik said:
I agree that 6-C control magic is an outlier because it's a mere six tier 6 spell and it makes tier 9 Nuclear Blust and super tier Follen Down seem like nothing.
I feel like this post completely ignores the context behind the spells with supposed "lesser" showings since

A) The Tier 9 Spell Nuclear Blast wasn't used to it's full potential. Ainz explicitly said this. And not to mention it's one of the WEAKEST Tier 9 spells.

B) Fallen Down is a concentrated, Single-Target spell that's anti-Undead, why in the world would it do extreme environmental damage when it's a single-target spell?

And C) Why would it only count as environmental destruction when it's pretty clear how tiers work in Overlord? How does this Storm feat differ from other storm feats used for AP on the wiki? In fact, Control Weather seems to be a pretty casual endeavour for them and we know they use Mana for all of their feats.

A reminder but, I would not use Nuclear Blast as any measuring stick for anything. As Ainz makes clear, its wide range and its myriad of status effects are its strong points. Not really its damage.

Okay, I've been asked to give my (expert) opinion. So far, I agree with what has been said, thanks for the LT;DR, but I reserve the right to reverse that decision

Back