• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible minor tier 9 and 8 name changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Currently the Tiering System page describes tier 9 as "Street", and tier 8 as "Superhuman".

I am not satisfied with these naming conventions.

I wonder if it might be an idea to instead call tier 9 "Superhuman", and tier 8 "Local", or something similar.

However, I am obviously open for better suggestions.

In addition, we call tier 1 "Higher-Dimensional", even though tier 1-A is quite beyond that scale.

I am also open for a better worded collective term for 1-C, 1-B, and 1-A here as well.

"Transcendental" perhaps? Or is that too unspecific?

Well, Street level is a term used by many different debating sites so it might be helpful to keep the name.

I agree that Tier 8 should be renamed to something else, maybe something like urban?

Well, it is tier 9-C specifically that we use the Street level term for, not 9-B and 9-A as well.

It would be better to use a term that would apply to all of them collectively.

I agree with the changes. Can't think of a better name for Tier 8, though.

I agree with the change of Tier 9 to Superhuman.

I personally like Aiden's proposition for Tier 8, but either one is fine.

And tier 1? Does anybody know of a useful term that encompasses both higher-dimensional and beyond dimensional characters?

I think the term we use is fine, as both 1-C and 1-B fall under the dimensional scale, its just that 1-A does not.

It's a similar situation with Tier 9 which we would call Superhuman, although the tier 9-C is typically used for Peak Humans.

I suppose so. I am likely just being a bit of a perfectionist.

I personally don't like using Transcendental for Tiering because that term is abused in various media and might lead to confusion. Urban is an all-encompassing term, but it doesn't stick that well in the first place and is a bit vague.

I like like sound the name Advanced Human for Tier 9, since in that tier is where the Martial Artist and Weapon Mastery are the most common, but maybe is a little large; I actually like the name Superhuman for Tier 8, but if there any better I'm all ears

I agree with Antoniofer, Advanced Human for tier 9 and Superhuman for tier 8 is simple and represents the tiers perfectly.

Well, but Superhuman can't start at Building level

I mean, 9-C can also apply to some degree of Superhuman Strength, Wall and Room level are just more advanced levels.

Well, personally I think that the meaning of advanced human sounds too much like peak human, and I rather like Urban, since tier 8 focuses on demolishing houses and neighbourhoods.

What do the rest of you think about A6colute's suggestion for tier 1?

So, are the following acceptable?

Tier 9: Superhuman

Tier 8: Urban

Tier 1: Extradimensional

We might also use "Enchanced Human" for tier 9.

Galaxy Pyron2 said:
Wow this wiki really change a lot The new tier system is amazing May I ask who did this new tier system?
It was a really large project. Think Kavpeny came up with the idea.

DarkLK is the one who originally developed the concepts and structure for the Russian Anime Character Fights wiki. Then we adapted it, and changed some parts for our wiki.

So, is it okay if I change the tier names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back