• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Don't see anything wrong with it, except for the fact it uses a video from 2011

Even then, the strength of the obsidian is undeniable so the calc still holds up.

All those characters used to be Town Level but were then downgraded (I don't remember what exactly happened though)

Soupywolf5 said:
All those characters used to be Town Level but were then downgraded (I don't remember what exactly happened though)
Well @Idazmi was the one who made CRT because he uses hard mode and hit points to his calc which literally nerfed the AP instead of upgrading AP (argument with a game mechanic) cuz my point is it should the hardmore increases damage not reduced. So @DeathstroketheHedgehog explained the Ender Dragon's AP flaws in detail and whilst he refuting @Idazmi's argument. It's slightly controversial and tiring debate.

Calc is flawed and incorrect.

An explosion power of 285 is needed to destroy obsidian, not 285 blocks of tnt. Minecraft TNT alone already has an explosion power of 4.

It'd best to calc obsidian durability the same way we calced the explosion power of Creepers and TNT, stone fragmentation. I've calced obsidian to be 8-A+, so in my personal opinion, Minecraft top tiers would peak at 8-A+ or Low 7-C.

The bedrock calculation is flawed as well, but it doesn't matter since the wiki already has bedrock/command blocks at moon level (which I've been trying to downgrade to Large Country level for a while now.)

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:

An explosion power of 285 is needed to destroy obsidian, not 285 blocks of tnt. Minecraft TNT alone already has an explosion power of 4.

It'd best to calc obsidian durability the same way we calced the explosion power of Creepers and TNT, stone fragmentation. I've calced obsidian to be 8-A+, so in my personal opinion, Minecraft top tiers would peak at 8-A+ or Low 7-C.

So then could we upgrade the player to that?

So uh no.

Like said before, the Obsidian feat isn't done through through just blowing up TNTs (as that's impossible) but through commands, creating artificial explosions. I'm not sure if we can treat it as legit (commands being non-canon) and even then we'd need to calculate the explosion directly, not just assume that a power of 1 is a ton of TNT.

The Bedrock calc also doesn't work. Placing TNTs everywhere doesn't make the Bedrock survive petatons of energy, it makes the Bedrock survive 1 TNT explosion. It's just a lot of explosions, not a big one with an epicenter.

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:

The bedrock calculation is flawed as well, but it doesn't matter since the wiki already has bedrock/command blocks at moon level (which I've been trying to downgrade to Large Country level for a while nowse this?
Can we use this?

The Entities talked about codes in general, not the creative mode commands specifically.

Also the calc above still relies on commands to be executed. If commands are not canon there is no way to know the amount of energy required to destroy obsidian.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Like said before, the Obsidian feat isn't done through through just blowing up TNTs (as that's impossible) but through commands, creating artificial explosions. I'm not sure if we can treat it as legit (commands being non-canon) and even then we'd need to calculate the explosion directly, not just assume that a power of 1 is a ton of TNT.
Also the calc above still relies on commands to be executed. If commands are not canon there is no way to know the amount of energy required to destroy obsidian.
Meanwhile many people just agree to Bedrock can be destroyed by artificial explosion.

The Bedrock calc also doesn't work. Placing TNTs everywhere doesn't make the Bedrock survive petatons of energy, it makes the Bedrock survive 1 TNT explosion. It's just a lot of explosions, not a big one with an epicenter.
I gonna wrote my rant: Bedrock CANNOT BE DESTROYED unless anyone going to use game mechanics: hit points and inconsistent TNT explosion and TNT explosion interaction with the blocks filled with inconsistency and the difference between breaking and explosion fallacy. It's frustrating just how many people disregard the explosion hit points fallacy and favored the gameplay.

And honestly Obsidian and other blocks never change until now: src1 and src2 (By this logic it can opposed the "there is no way to know the amount of energy required to destroy obsidian" logic. If it stays like this even the later versions, basically blame Mojang why they never change it, so people would treat it as either canon or non-canon based on their perspective)

So how people gonna deal with debate related to explosion hit points and standard hit points, breaking and blast resistance difference?

(Note: breaking can't destroy indestructible blocks while blast resistance could break indestructible blocks.)

(My other frustration: I'm also a bit mad at Mojang cuz no update related to "better than diamonds" and "cave update" so I HOPE MOJANG SHOULD ADD Minecraft: Dungeons weapons to standard Minecraft cuz the new blocks in Minecraft such as Smithing Tables and Fletching tables are likely to add things from Dungeons to Vanilla, just my assumption because I've heard Smithing Tables and Fletching tables wasn't functional yet and Mojang is likely adding new combat mechanics and weapons so I draw my assumption like these)

The Entities talked about codes in general, not the creative mode commands specifically.
Good Point. I agree with that conclusion.

Back