• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We've established there current teirs seem problematic, now we can go over there new base rating, and if we don't have anything to scale there second keys to we can put atleast their base and likely far higher.

Do you have the links to hulks 7c feats? The 7b statement seems questionable to me and Id like to see the two calcs.

I think a major flaw of Iron Man's meteor tanking feat was that it assumes Titan's moon is the same size as our moon, which would make Titan itself absolutely enormous.

Pen@ The two calcs and statement are literally in this thread, just look for the first replies and mid replies.

So it assumes our moon size, it's pixel scaling is a bit questionable, ect

@wendigo sorry this has dragged on for a while I thought it would be easier to repost them.

Fragging Sokovia

The calc assumes that whole rock is a hemisphere (half a circle) for simplicity, and we can get the volume of a hemisphere with the radius from equation: 2/3* ¤Ç*R^3. Now you mention it, there is something wrong with the calc since it used the diameter instead of radius. So the actual results should be:

Fragmentation: 4.3735654e+13 [7-C Town Level]

Violent Fragmentation: 3.4988523e+14 [7-C Town Level]

7-B Statement

General Ross statement comparing Thor and Hulk to 30 Megaton nukes is evidence for 7-B.

Thor getting knocked out by the Novi Grad Explosio

Anyways, that's a surface area of 2280.5575054645 meters2

...An energy release spread over all of that isn't giving much for the surface area of a human.

2.61e+18/2280.5575054645*1.14=1.30468098e15 (High 7-C)

Thor's Wakanda Storm Feat

00:37, Thor creates a storm in the timespan of a jump.

Stretches all towards the horizon and covers the sky. It took 0.76 seconds for Thor to land from that height.

0.5*g*t^2

0.5*9.81*0.76^2 = 2.833128 m

Adding 1.9 m to account Thor's height, so 4.733128 m. Then deduct 10 cm to account for the distance between Thor's head and his eyes. 4.723128 m, so horizon is 7.8 km.

Clouds appear to be cumulonimbus.

Using C.A.P.E.

Assuming strong instability.

Low End

pi*7800^2*8000*1.003 = 1.5336632e+12 kg

1.5336632e+12*4000=6.1346528e+15 joules or 1466182.0192 Tons of TNT (Small City level)

High End

pi*7800^2*11800*3*1.003 = 6.7864597e+12 kg

6.7864597e+12*4000=2.7145839e+16 joules or 6487855.521 Tons of TNT (City level)

Can we actually use thors ability to crack sokovia for anything, he never does it and we don't know how destructive his impact un amped would be, is it safe to assume he can fragment it?

Im against using a statement to scale them to 7b, especially a statement made by a general who wouldn't know enough to accurately compare. (Unless Im forgetting something and he's displayed as far smarter then I remember)

Thor getting knocked out by the explosion is good, but it would be pretty close to the limit for his dura considering he was knocked unconscious.

As for the storm feat, seems solid though its not useful for scaling base thor as he had stormbreaker.

Standard Frag. calc assumes cracks of a few meters at most... even the amped attack left several giant debris, whatever he would have done normally would be far less impressive.

"If I'd misplaced a couple of thirty megaton nukes, you can bet there'd be consequences. Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works."

This ain't cutting it for scaling power. A hypersonic with tier 8 would be as dangerous as a nuke under the right circumstances.

The Thor storm does not take 0.76 seconds either, and it was obviously not gravity that brought him down. He begins making the storm the moment he jumps (37) until he lands (40). And you don't use horizon like that.

We use several statements for the verse lmao, Iron Man's Gigawatts Arc Reactor, War Machine lifting a tank, even the IG's lighting a continent was considered.

And even then, the 30 megaton statement can be used as supportive evidence for the High / 7-C feats (As those on that level can easily destroy a city over a short amount of time)

The 0.76 second figure is just used to find the height of the jump to determine the distance to the horizon. It's not a KE calc.

Newendigo said:
We use several statements for the verse lmao, Iron Man's Gigawatts Arc Reactor, War Machine lifting a tank, even the IG's lighting a continent was considered.
And even then, 30 megaton statement can be used as supportive evidence for the High / 7-C feats (As those on that level can easily destroy a city over a short amount of time)
That doesn't mean anything for this, because first of all none of those sound 30 megatons of power at all, and it doesn't change the invalidity of the statement.

It just means that the military asshole felt like comparing two highly destructive beings to nukes.

Dino W said:
The 0.76 second figure is just used to find the height of the jump to determine the distance to the horizon. It's not a KE calc.
Via using gravity I'm assuming, which is obviously not what brought him down.

His storm scales to the average DMUA calced without reason to assumed so.

Ricsi@ Can you stop arguing against me every time I say something that supports your comment, and we overall agree on the same thing?

Not if you say something I disagree with, no.

I said the statement is unusable, you said it can be used. I disagree. I don't care what tier the MCU goes to, so I am arguing for precision as far as can be.

Lets not get heated, this has been going on for a while but theres no reason to argue back and forth, I think we're all in agreement we can't use the feat on it's lonesome to justify any tier, I personally have no problem with it supporting another feat. If Ricsi does I'd like to hear why.

Ricsi to be clear wendigo doesn't intend to use the statment on it's lonesome he seems to be of the mind it should be a supporting statment. Im all percision as well, so I understand your concerns, the statment is a bit vauge and made by a less then reputable source.

I'm saying that the statement isn't about their power. It just means that they move around dangerous things, so people react.

Regardless, Thor should svale to Low 7-B with DMUA's standard storm calc. Anyone that scales to him... scales to him. Pretty much all tier 6 feats are disregarded, so unless I'm missing something they just scale up in the tier/a tier higher.

I said that even if it's not used to give them a solid 7-B, it can still be used for supportive evidence for Large Town / Town Level.

Well I do care, I do like to see a conclusion at this point, but it not going to happen if we start to debate over such a trivial details.

The pen or the sword said:
Hmmm Low 7b should be solid for the post ragnarok characters as thors storm feat is preformed with stormbreaker, their base should be high 7 c I think.
If Iron Man's 6-C eventually fails, then yeah, I support this.

From High 6-B to Low 6-B and crawling at Low 7-B, people gonna get insane lol.

Don't worry, they will be 8-B before you know it ovo

Didn't bother to read much but the last few comments but I take it the tier 6 stuff has been deemed unusable aside from maybe Tony's moon tank for the Phase 3 top tiers?

I mean it assumes the size of the moon is identical to the size of ours, Im still not clear on what its using for pixel scaling on the meteorite. Looking at the scene we don't get to see the full meteorite iron man is hit with, when it zooms out we don't see tony anymore on any of the falling meteorite

Yeah most of the feats are problematic

At last, someone should recalc that Meteor feat to be sure.

There also Larson destroying Thanos ship, maybe could yield something.

Looking at the scene we don't get to see the full meteorite iron man is hit with, when it zooms out we don't see tony anymore on any of the falling rocks, now he may have been on the largest one but we don't see him... So I don't know how we could even pixel scale it. Thanos ship is made of an unkown material whos strength we have zero refrence for...

Not sure how we could scale to it... She just flys through it and seems to cause a train reaction that destroys it.

Maybe calc different materials and get different result?

Iron, Steel, Titanium, etc could get different ends, and pick the one that fits the new tiers.

Hmm that should work though we're probably better off calcing the size of the explosions she creates. The ship is made of an unknown material and as a ship would be largely hollow.

We don't get to see how thick the metal is nor how much she pierces, she just flies through the metal hull of a ship, the metal is of an unknown thickness and strength. Thus I have zero idea how we could calc it without making a bunch of assumptions.

She destroyed a wing of the ship, which pretty sure its not hollow.

Also, every time she pass through the ship, that part explodes on fire, and I pretty dam sure the ship is not made out of Oil.

Actually it would be largly hollow for electrical wiring, cabling and access hatches and tunnels to allow for repairs. further aren't the wings detachable and form the ships used by his chosen? Which irrc were largly hollow?

Again we have no reference for the thickness of the metal used in the ship, nor the strength of the metal. She creates a bunch of fireballs, we could calc those.

Yeah, but you can't prove that... You don't know alien's astronautic tech :b

The ships are attached below the wings, they are not wings.

Aw that was it, thanks!

And you cant assume they are entirely solid, heck we can't make any assumption cause we never get a sense of how thick the metal of the exterior is, you cant assume wether or not there are gaps, we have zero info about the design of thanos ship thus we can't make any conclusions on the energy required to go through it. Its why we should attempt to calc the fireballs as that seems like it might actually be possible.

edit I answer things in the wrong order at times apologies!

Alright boomer.

Since everything seems to be sorted out, I will call Ant tomorrow (I advice to make a new thread with a summary of all wrong calcs + the new tiers).

And I. Am. Out.

Crushing the Mjolnir. Though I don't know anything about the recent revisions about feats that involve heat and Mjolnir's durability is 100% based in heat

Back