• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Lord English downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPin0422

Derp Idol
Joke Battles
Retired
Currently, Lord English is rated as 1-A partially on the basis that he should logically occupy the same plane of existence as Alt. Calliope and, by extension, Ultimate Dirk. The reasoning behind that is that Alt. Calliope required absorbing Lord English's essence to be strong enough to escape the black hole she made that destroyed the Green Sun along with the Furthest Ring.

My issue with this, however, is that Lord English was explicitly massively weakened by the Green Sun's aforementioned destruction, to the point that John Egbert could somewhat affect him with his attacks - something that should not be possible if LE was even close to 1-A at the time. We're basically taking a statement made about LE after he gets weakened and using it to scale LE at his prime to Alt. Calliope.

In short, my proposal is to downgrade Lord English to Low 1-A using a justification similar to what he has now, sans the part about him occupying the same level of existence as Alt. Calliope and Ultimate Dirk. If needed, we can also add another key for Lord English without the Green Sun's power.

It should look something like this:

Attack Potency: Low Outerverse level (Was destroying Paradox Space, which is all of existence, including infinite Genesis Frogs and the Horrorterrors that transcend them in the Furthest Ring, and also slaughters said races. Killed Andrew Hussie, the author of MS Paint Adventures. Even in his sealed form, his curse could affect any plane of existence) | At least Multiverse level+ (Despite being greatly weakened by the Green Sun's destruction, Lord English is still capable of putting up a good fight against John Egbert and easily slaughtering hordes of his allies)

But... his justification explicitly says his curse could effect any plane of existence. Wouldn't tgat be enough for 1-A? Any plane of existence would naturally include the one Alt Calliope and Ult Dirk occupy, after all.

Just going to point out that Lord English's weakened self is on par with the Ultimate Weapon, because the Ultimate Weapon was fabled to kill English after he was weakened. He can also effect Ultimate Dirk and Calliope's plane as Wright mentioned, but maybe it could be hax, dunno (Low 1-A, 1-A with hax could be implemented)

So basically, Alt Calliope > Ultimate Dirk > Prime LE > Weakened LE = The Ultimate Weapon (The 1-A thing John Uses)

The Retcon powers John have are like the second strongest 1-A thing in the verse besides Green Sun powered MSPA Reader, the Ultimate Weapon that is said to defeat Lord English is the Pre-Retcon powers given one that contained the four Heroes who were the ones who proceeded to kill Lord English.

But anyway adding an extra key to Lord English for after he lost the Green Sun makes sense, as we already scale John to that version. But we rate Paradox Space, which Lord English Prime was destroying, to 1-A for being above The Furthest Ring which is Low 1-A which we rate that way because it's outside of the High 1-B Infinite Narrative Structures.

I agree with LE Weakened key, which would also remove First Guardian powers.

And while I think that curse's extent can be debattable, Lord would be 1-A even without the Dirk/Calliope thing.

Because of him being a threat to Paradox Space (which is 1-A), the fact that he should be above "Transcendance Path" Feferi/MSPAR, and possibly some WoG I'm still collecting.

I suppose that he should remain 1-A, but get an extra key then?

Yeah, some justifications already talk about this "extra key", but it just wasn't added.

Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back