• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Krillin upgrade (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Joseph619 Alright but the way you worded it made it seem like you were saying this feat is PIS because of the bullet thing. Which is untrue since one example of PIS doesn't make another example of something PIS. But I agree often times people won't apply the same logic of dismissing high end outliers as PIS as they do with low end outliers.

Maybe my wording was difficult to understand hahaha. But yeah I wont make such ridiculous comments unless they're satire

PaChi2 said:
what about the Basil thing? Krillin > basil?
That was an hypotetical battle, and was showed and said that Krillin doesn't stand a chance... There's nothing else to add to Krillin for now. I have the feeling that the next episodes would completely mess with the scaling.

No, no, Im referring to Goku stating that Krillin would have beaten basil.

I see no reason why not put Krillin higher,we already saw characters that far stronger from what they suppose to be,Roshi in Raditz level although he suppose to be weaker than kid goku,Piccolo stronger than Gotenks SSJ3 and he supposed to be in No.17 level etc

Akira dont really care about power level anymore

I personally think we should wait for the tournament. But yeah, Goku was obviously holding back by a huge regard. As for Gohan, I think he was 4-B in base form scaling from Piccolo, but either way, Gohan was also most likely holding back. Not ruling out the possiblity of Krillin being upgraded to solar system level, but it might be best to wait for the tournament before applying the upgrade.

Ryukama said:
@Radicoolade1 When there's a direct statement of SSB Goku outclassing Krillin to the point where "there's nothing he can do", he explicitly struggled with a character vastly inferior to SSB Goku right beforehand, it's a friendly sparring match where the only goal is a ring out with no killing allowed, and all logic obviously indicates that Krillin shouldn't be on par with SSB Goku, then it is more than reasonable to say Goku held back and that Krillin deserves no upgrade at all from that fight.
How are my examples "clearly different"? Goku held back his power by orders of magnitude against Krillin. Beerus held back his power by orders of magnitude with Bulma. Cell held back his power by orders of magnitude with Hercule. Trunks held back his power by orders of magnitude with the Frieza soldiers.

All these situations are similar. I mostly bring these up cause I keep hearing people say "Goku shouldn't/couldn't have held back THAT much", which is blatantly false when considering these other examples.

And funny how you call my examples unrelated when your whole argument is based off a faulty Roshi analogy. Yeah Roshi trained and Krillin trained. Difference is Roshi actually defeated Frieza soldiers who were bloodlusted. Whereas with Krillin it's clearly established that SSB Goku is holding back.
I never stated that he should be scaled to SSJB, as of matter of fact look at the original comments, I even stated that goku and gohan held back and also stated for it to be a possible tier until the tournament of power. Although he had pushed goku in his base form to the ropes, just in comparison to how tien held back cell for a short period, he still was holding a nice amount of power back.

You said "so he should at least be possibly higher or scaled somewhat to base form goku, besides you cant use examples from which are clearly different from this situation"

Even if you don't want 3-A Krillin, you're arguing for a Krillin upgrade and saying my examples are somehow invalid, which is why I respond with

1. No he shouldn't be scaled or upgraded at all. Again Goku vastly held back. No "possibly higher" or scaling to 4-B Base Goku.

2. My examples of other people holding back drastically are perfectly valid, and it's still your Roshi example that remains to be faulty and unrelated to your proposed Krillin upgrades.

It should be obvious Krillin doesn't scale to Goku in any shape or form , even base Goku is vastly above him

Ryukama said:
You said "so he should at least be possibly higher or scaled somewhat to base form goku, besides you cant use examples from which are clearly different from this situation"Even if you don't want 3-A Krillin, you're arguing for a Krillin upgrade and saying my examples are somehow invalid, which is why I respond with
1. No he shouldn't be scaled or upgraded at all. Again Goku vastly held back. No "possibly higher" or scaling to 4-B Base Goku.

2. My examples of other people holding back drastically are perfectly valid, and it's still your Roshi example that remains to be faulty and unrelated to your proposed Krillin upgrades.
1. During the fight, you could clearly see Goku struggling to fight back in his base form, also in comparison to tien where he was pushing back semi perfect cell with kikoho

2. The examples you explained where based on people who havent trained or literally dont train at all against those with majorly higher power levels. like stating "Bulma getting one shotted by Beerus" or "Cell one shotting Hercule", which was obviously based on plot induced stupidity, while Krillin who actually trained and was shown to be on par with a majorly held back.

Now we cant say for sure so at least wait until the tournament of power

1. Goku is struggling because he is holding back his power and lowering his ki to a level in which Krillin can fight him on. This is shown well in the fight with Gohan as Matt said.

2. "Krillin trains and didn't get one shot" doesn't debunk anything I say. It's an arbitrary difference you nitpicked in my examples. The point is Dragon Ball characters have always been able to hold back their power by orders of magnitude. So it isn't farfetched to say Base or SSB Goku held back enough for Planet level Krillin to fight him. Krillin being trained ki user unlike Hercule/Bulma and not getting one shot in the match doesn't change that point.

What I said about your Roshi example is an actual meaningful difference in the analogy. Since your point was that cause Roshi trained to get stronger and got an upgrade out of it, why can't we do that for Krillin. With the difference being Roshi actually beat someone who wasn't holding back whereas Krillin had sparring matches with people who were restraining themselves by orders of magnitude.

That was an hypotetical battle, and was showed and said that Krillin doesn't stand a chance... There's nothing else to add to Krillin for now. I have the feeling that the next episodes would completely mess with the scaling.

That was due to Gohans doubt. Goku was completely confident that Krillin could do something against him.

Also, even if he were to be only planet level, how would he be capable of beating a SS being, even if suppressed? The gap is at least hundreds to thousands of times. We've also seen that small training can give huge increases. Gohan trained for maybe a few months and went from Large Star as a Super Saiyan to SS in his base.

Even if Gohan was at half a percent of his power, it should be higher than just planet level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back