• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Frieza Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stars can not be smaller than planets. If Planet Vegeta was indeed that big, it'd have kickstarted the process of nuclear fusion and became a star itself.

It's far more likely that we're looking at a few miscolored moons than actual stars.

Assaltwaffle said:
Calc is wrong.

Used 10 as G instead of 6.67408x10^-11.

An error of nearly 11 orders of magnitude.
Is that dependent on the gravity of the planet? Because Planet Vegeta's gravity is 10g.

@Kep

Tell that to Marvel, which has a planet so big it dwarfs galaxies. Lol.

Kepekley23 said:
Stars can not be smaller than planets. If Planet Vegeta was indeed that big, it'd have kickstarted the process of nuclear fusion and became a star itself.

It's far more likely that we're looking at a few miscolored moons than actual stars.
Dbz is kinda of no stranger to big ass planets. Or faction within general (metroid comes to mind) .

Unite My Rice said:
I've never seen Frieza destroy the planet in the manga @Dark
We cannot scale something from a continuity to another, Frieza destroys planet Vegeta in both continuities while Bardock is in space, but the power and portrayal of the Supernova is different on both versions, Bardock has visions in the anime continuity while he does not in the manga and other things. It's also why the Super staff created a new scene instead of reusing the movie one.

Planet Vegeta is not a magical planet like Heaven or Grand Kai's planet. It's literally just a large planet. It can't be larger than a star without becoming a star itself.

Kepekley23 said:
Planet Vegeta is not a magical planet like Heaven or Grand Kai's planet. It's literally just a large planet. It can't be larger than a star without becoming a star itself.
Yeah although ya forget. Fiction mate . (Metroid being my favorite big ass planet verse).

Also dont actualy think vegeta had stars orbiting . Maybe at most the blast engulfed a few ly although that is a tad suspect.

Although this was based on a scene in the Dragon Ball Z anime, this scene also appeared in Dragon Ball Z Kai, and the two suns were mentioned in the Daizenshü. Toriyama introduces every Daizenshü and lists himself as an author of each one, meaning it should be considered canon .

Allegedly.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Kep

No, he used 10.
He used the gravitational constant, you're looking at the old version of the calc. He notes at the end of the post that he fixed it

We do not use db kai, and the calc is not 4-B. It is also best to not scale it to the manga continuity.

correct me if im wrong, but i dont remember namek having a day night cycle, just day. though i do vaguely remember there being mention if multiple stars

SomebodyData said:
correct me if im wrong, but i dont remember namek having a day night cycle, just day. though i do vaguely remember there being mention if multiple stars
Namek had three stars meaning no night.

@Kep

Does mobile show an outdated version? All I see is the 10 value and no use of of the Gravitational Constant.

When it comes to the calculation linked in OP's post, the stars shown in the background are smaller in comparison to Planet Vegeta due to the fact that:

• Objects farther away in the background show up smaller than they really are.
So unless the two objects being pixel-scaled are directly next to each other, it would be incorrect to directly compare the two of them in order to figure out the size of the other one.

The "stars" are close to Planet Vegeta.

It's just that they're probably moons as opposed to stars.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Although this was based on a scene in the Dragon Ball Z anime, this scene also appeared in Dragon Ball Z Kai, and the two suns were mentioned in the Daizenshü. Toriyama introduces every Daizenshü and lists himself as an author of each one, meaning it should be considered canon .

Allegedly.

No, the Daizenshuu has sections that separate the manga information from anime-only stuff.

Which debunks essentially what kep? What then about the quote being manga only? And anime only would still upgrade toeiverse kep .

Also, we do know they are small. Otherwise Planet Vegeta's gravity would be in the triple digit Gs.

Except i didnt kep. Only posted the quote and even outright said allegedly.

Point to me where I claimed the stars where canon mate.

Which also that doesnt debunk anything kep. Prove the quote is anime only because youre going off the assumption that the stars must be moons when apparentky the daizenshu mentioned the moon being a star kep .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back