• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

possible Dragonball speed upgrade

you guys may or may not know but the current speed for DB characters are slow they`ve gotten much more faster lately. GM did a calculatio which have em near quardillion. and it`s accepted in Forum

so imo this is how the scalling should go

god tiers = quardillion times FTL+

Top tiers = High trillions FTL+

what you guys think?

another feat Champa and Vados react to a Super dragon ball that crossed one universe in seconds.but I don't know how to calculate

AllFiction said:
another feat Champa and Fords react to a Super dragon ball that crossed one universe in seconds.but I don't know how to calculate
huh Someone should calc that also the super dragonballs spread across Universe six and seven so its quite fast someone should calc it put it on the calculation request thread

This should scale to the travel speed of any God of the DBS verse; however, scale it to battle/reflexes speed doesn't seems appropiate to me

Antoniofer said:
This should scale to the travel speed of any God of the DBS verse; however, scale it to battle/reflexes speed doesn't seems appropiate to me
It should scale to their battle speed as well, unless specified otherwise plus Dragon Ball always had their combat speed higher than their travel speed.

If you think about it, this would explain why Hit's Time Skip/Time Leap was the way it was. And why some of them slowed down on pupose, and why they claimed about light speed and beyond that.

So they move up to quadrillion times the speed of light or roughly that? What about the actual calculations in units of time?

Dekoshu said:
So they move up to quadrillion times the speed of light or roughly that? What about the actual calculations in units of time?
I think it's the second to last comment. GM's calc puts them at ~766 trillion c as the low end and ~993 trillion c as the high end, which is really damn close to a quadrillion, in the grand scheme of things.

If the calc is good (and seems to be ok), I'm good with the upgrade, but I don't like to assume the characters there are always faster in combat that in flying speed, that argument could have been disappeared time ago, and it only seems that speed is used only to travel across the universes

I agere with this

But I wanna see what Don't talk has to say about this since hes like the Ultimate authority on calcs here

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Didn't God Movement re-calc it in the comments to be closer to but slightly below a Quadrillion?
yea, am talking about God movements calculation not katsuragis

so now if calculation team could look it up and approve it so we can get the upgrade going :))

Nibbler3100 said:
Not really an upgrade because of our speed scaling we really need to have different variations of MFTL+ but the calcs are legit
wait it is so hiay you need too make a new level for it?

So who exactly gets upgraded by this?

Hit, SSB Vegeta and Goku, Vados, Champa, Beerus, Whis and maybe Golden Frieza?

Pocket-Chu said:
So who exactly gets upgraded by this?
Hit, SSB Vegeta and Goku, Vados, Champa, Beerus, Whis and maybe Golden Frieza?
yea all of top tiers and god tiers gets this upgrade

hmm, I dunno about the timeframe assumptions being used here.

I think GM is right for saying that using the original 3 minute would be wrong, but i'm not sure about his either..

I wonder how our standards would impact this. Definitely interested to see calc member opinions.

Well, as usual, you can send them messages asking for input.

As far as I understand the calc it only works if the Daizenshuu map is used.

I vaguely recalled that there was talk about useability of that one, so I asked LordAizenSama and he could point me to this thread. So it seems that the current standing on the map is that it is outdated in regards to the current cosmology.

As said the calculations as far as I understand it relys on that map, so if we can't use it the calc seems like it wouldn't work.

(then I am also not 100% sure about timeframe, but that is the minor problem here)

Well, the DB universe was considered to be just 4 galaxies large at the time of the old map, whereas it is currently shown as of more normal form and size, so I suppose that it might not work to combine the two contexts.

yea the calculation does rely on the map but not entirely

Daizenshuu 7

"the World where the kaioushin, the highest ranking beings among the kaiou, live. its scope is about one-tenth of the combined space of the World beyond and Living World."

so according to this the icons themselfs are not to scale but it`s better if you ask GM himself about this @DontTalk

if one thing was made clear throughout the entire Db franchise, it was that the fight speed is always portraied significantly faster than the travel speed. in terms of "does it scale to fighting?" we should go with yes.

So, would anybody be willing to very politely ask God Movement about it, or would that be unnecessary?

@Victor2: From his given comment I understand that we know that kaio's planet is in the center of the universe.

If we know that Kaio's planet is in the center of the universe (or just 1 million km away) without the map we could still get the distance, given that I believe we know that earth is at the edge of the universe.

Question is if we know that.

If we know that we take simply half the dimeter of the observable universe as distance. That is 4.4*10^26 meters. He scales a diagonal line there which we can not use without relying on the map I would believe, hence our result for distance is a bit lower than his.

So lets assume we know that (though we will need a source on that) the second question is why do we use the timeframe as given?

"- Beerus' planet is 35 minutes from Earth
- 26 minutes from Kaio's"

I will assume that we know those as facts (I will remind again that I really am not familiar with dragonball).

35 minutes and 26 minutes are pretty much distances here (multiply with what whis speed will end up as and you get distance).

What can we conclude for speed from that?

Well, since we talk about the metric of space here the triangle inequality is in any case given.

So distance between Kaios planet and Earth Ôëñ distance between Beerus planet and earth + distance between Beerus planet and Kaios planet.

So the low end value (the highest possible timeframe) would be 35 minutes + 26 minutes = 61 minutes. So a bit more than an hour.

Now for the lowest possible timeframe. We use triangle inequality again.

Distance Beerus Planet to Earth Ôëñ Distance Earth to Kaios Planet + Distance Kaios planet to Beerus Planet

<=> 35 minutes Ôëñ Distance Earth to Kaios Planet + 26 minutes

The lowest value that can be choosen for Distance Earth to Kaios Planet is by that 9 minutes.

So all possible timeframes are in the interval from 9 minutes to 61 minutes.

So if the rest of the assumption work the speed ranges from 1.2*10^23 m/s to 8.1*10^23 m/s.

So 0.12 Quadrillion to 0.81 quadrillion m/s on the long scale.

Back