• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Doflamingo and Gear 4th Luffy Tier Revision

AkuAkuAkuma

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Doflamingo is listed as "Likely" 6-C due to the uncertainty of his tier, since we are currently uncertain if he should be closer to Base Luffy in tier, since we have him listed as "At least High 7-A", or if we should have him scaled closer to Jozu, Aokiji and Fujitora (more so with the former two). Disscusion in the past has already been brought up of Doflamingo's binding of Jozu in place and holding him there, and fighting Gear 4th Luffy, who had easily broken free from the threads upon transforming, but that's only part of it.

When coming against Aokiji, Jozu was frozen, and thus incapacitated throughout the rest of the war, also losing an arm in the progress. Doflamingo had also been frozen by Aokiji, but instead, in a wide-range freeze. He avoided taking any damage from this attack (which is already listed under his durability). It is because of these two reasons that Doflamingo should be scaled at the very least equal to Jozu, and this affects Gear 4th Luffy as well.

Both would be "At least 6-C" via powerscaling it should be noted as well somewhere that all 3 characters are At least 6-C, or a higher tier. it doesn't make general sense for Doflamingo to even be in the lower end of 6-C if he can keep up with people near the higher reaches of Island level and High 6-C , because if Aokiji was truly 8 times stronger than Doflamingo (like 20 to 160, for example), don't you think he would have been at least visibly damaged by the freezing attack? And if Jozu was stronger than Doflamingo, he should have been able to just break free from the threads.

The only problem I see is: What would this mean for Base Luffy and Trafalgar Law...

Base Luffy was capable of dealing some form of damage to Doflamingo, but this was only the case for his Red hawk and post Gamma Knife, so I think we should include that his red hawk ignores durability to an extent due to burn damage.

Trafalgar Law seems fine where he is, since the only attack he had been shown blocking was Goshikito, which is Doflamingo's standard melee attack.

Regarding the rest of it, I do think that it make sense for Doflamingo to be listed as "At least Island level" or "Island level+" via powerscaling to Jozu, Fujitora, and Aokiji, who are all "At least 6-C" for their own reasons.

Some may argue that Jozu was not even trying to escape Doflamingo's power, but why wouldn't he when sandwiched between two opponents, one of which throwing a sandstorm at him. Not to mention that Jozu was mid-charge before Doflamingo wrapped him in threads, which Gear 4th Luffy immediately destroyed.

Aokiji also scales to Akainu, who took two bloodlusted strikes from WB, who has a casual feat of 337 or so Gigatons. The power gap between Doflamingo and Aokiji should not be that vast.

Gear 4th Luffy defeated Doflamingo after several blows and overpowering one of his strongest attacks, so him scaling also makes sense.

I agree with the revision, and I'll have to see which characters would be affected by this, but it may only be Cracker.

I'd like more opinions on this topic, though.

Gamma Knife barley did any effect to him , of course he would have died if he didnt restitch his internal organs, but he was hunky dory right virtually unphased by the attack.

I totally agree with Cin. I'm up for the revisions. Doffy should be powerscaled to those who are At least 6-C. Otherwise we may need some more input.

Also, considering the current arc of One Piece I don't see why Luffy, with Gear 4, wouldn't be somewhat comparable to an admiral and the dame for Doflamingo. The gap in power shouldn't be that large but again let's get some more input. I'll also ask Ven to give some input because it may he very useful.

Highly doubt that he stills does, he hasnt made any big relevant apperances to imply that he is on Doffy's level.

Crocodile loosely scales to Doflamingo and Jozu. He was shown on panel to take one blow from Jozu, and he never once had been shown proving a threat to either one of them. Deflecting Mihawk's slash could either be an outlier, or Mihawk holding back a considerable amount.

High 7-A is the highest one could argue for Crocodile with the given information.

@Scarlet - Luffy's red hawk damaged Doflamingo, but this was when Doflamingo's guard was relaxed. All other attempts to hurt him pre gamma-knife were pointless.

Okay, looking back at this, I just don't see how Doflamingo is inferior to Jozu or DRASTICALLY inferior to Aokiji when he shrugged off Aokiji's freezing with no damage. He lost his breath for a split second and was fine afterwards.

If Doflamingo was roughly 1/80th of Aokiji's level of power, it would not make sense why he could easily break from even a casual attack from Aokiji.

When Aokiji Froze Jozu, the latter was incapacitated for the remainder of the war and even lost an arm.

Doflamingo is obviously not showing anything to make him even close to Aokiji in power, but he should at least be comparable or even superior to Jozu.

Even though Hop is not a One Piece fan, this is a logical upgrade to make based on the evidence provided, and lack of evidence against it further suggests it. Also, Cin, being someone Hop knows to be very familiar with this verse, on board, makes it a strong candidate for a proper upgrade.

Hop approved.

@Cin Comparable to Jozu? Yeah, sure. Superior to Jozu? Nope, nothing suggests that Doffy is superior to him. Breaking from aokiji's casual ice isnt enough to prove it, when Jozu had to face a bloodlusted one.

No problem with the revision tho.

@PaChi2 - i don't see how Aokiji was bloodlusted. He seemed like his usual self.

But either way, Jozu could not break free from something that Doflamingo did with relative ease, and also, Unlike Jozu, someone like Gear 4th Luffy broke free from Doflamingo's parasito threads with minimal effort. Doflamingo could take several blows from Luffy while already injured, which supports this.

But even if we take away comparing Jozu and Doflamingo's feats, we still have the argument that, even if Aokiji held back, it would not make sense for someone roughly 5~10% of his power to easily break free from his attack, with absolutely nothing damage-wise to show for it.

I think that CinCameron20's suggestions seems reasonable.

Back