• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Avengers EMH Upgrades

Thor has catched the Manhattan island therefore it translates into 6.798 megatons of TNT (City level).

Iron Man was capable of flying to the Earth at this speed too: 10.03% of light speed, therefore his speed is 0.1003c (Relativistic). The link explains that it is consistent. He also generated energy with his repulsor jets which was 11.852 megatons of TNT (City level). Not an outlier compared to the rest of the characters of the show.

Graviton should be upgrade to 7-A since he lifted the lower portion of Manhattan island which was calculated to be at 202.214 megatons of TNT (Large City level).

And finally, Hulk travelled to the Manhattan island at Mach 22.55 (Hypersonic+).

More here: https://forums.hero-academia.com/xf...-was-it-to-give-alan-moore-superpowers.36381/ (Strong language ahead, beware)

Let's see.

I calced Graviton's feat to be City level here, and i'll take my calc over anyone else's.

Iron Man flying back to earth can't be calced using cinematic time since there is a scene cut.

We don't use KE of superfast characters to determine their AP unless we have been shown that there exist a strong relation between their speed and power (for example check the Flash's infinite mass punch).

Hulk's speed also uses cinematic time with multple cuts.And i don't remember the context of the episode very well so it's more likely many things happened during that time.

I think that Gwynbleiddd makes sense.

Okay. EMH Graviton I hope? Was it accepted?

Nevermind it, then. I just checked and while accepted, it was comic Graviton.

But yeah, City level EMH is consistent enough.

The scene cuts from Iron Man floating upwards, to Iron Man already in space. That's cinematic timing right?

And for Iron Man returning to Earth, we do see him flying back to Earth in seconds without any scene cut so I dunno why Cinematic Timing is being used as an argument here:

https://j.gifs.com/k5P50r.gif

Edit:

And without meaning no disrespect for Gwyn, but TTGL's calculation for Graviton's feat is far more accurate.

First it uses a map of lower manhattan (What Graviton lifted) to get an accurate measurement for the width. Secondly, Gwyn's assumes that the object is a rectangular parallelepiped, while TTGL's accurately measures it in three sectors, top part as a cylinder, middle part as a conical frustrum and the bottom part as a cone.

Finally, Gwyn's doesn't take in for account the kinetic energy of Graviton lifting it, which he did i exactly 2.23 seconds.

Gwyn got a height of 1440m and a mass of 1.12e13 kg.

1440m / 2.23s = 645.73991 m/s, applying KE gives you a result of 2.33508818e18 Joules.

So if anything, TTGL's calc is the low end here.

Well, I do not have an opinion regarding which calculation is better, but Gwynbleiddd is usually reliable.

Okay. Even Gwynbleiddd occasionally makes mistakes I suppose.

It's not so much Gwyn made a mistake per say, he just used a more lowball method than TTGL (IIRC, he used Potential Energy while TTGl used Kinetic Energy, which usually yields higher results).

To tired to compare the methods at this moment, though.

Matthew, how about Iron Man performing that level of energy (7-B), and Hulk's speed, do you agree with it?

Were the calculations accepted by the OBD?

https://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/160-comprehensive-energy-scale

^ This is the list of accepted calcs.

I can see:

• Graviton sends Iron Man to space: 1.575 megatons (Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes) [Scales to Graviton's AP and Iron Man's durability)
  • Iron Man flies back to Earth (KE): 11.852 megatons (Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes) [Scales to Iron Man's AP]
  • Thor catches lower Manhattan: 6.798 megatons (Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes) [Scales to Thor's AP]
The rest aren't there yet. Hulk was not yet accepted since there is no EMH Hulk profile created here yet.

Okay. Thank you. I suppose that should be useful to scale from.

This should be the Profile stats for these EMH characters:

Graviton (EMH)
Attack Potency: Large City level (Lifted the lower Manhattan island)

Durability: Large City level

Striking Strength:
Large City class

Iron Man (EMH)
Attack Potency: City level (Moved at 10.03% of lightspeed from space to Earth. The Kinetic Energy of the feat would result in 11.852 megatons)

Durability: Small City level (Withstood Graviton's gravity manipulation)

Speed: Subsonic combat speed (Shot and outmaneuvered multiple missiles); Relativistic flight speed

Striking Strength: City class

Thor (EMH)
Attack Potency: City level (Catched the lower Manhattan island portio)

Durability: City level

Striking Strength:
City class

I suppose that seems reasonable, with the exception of that the correct sentence is likely "caught a portion of Manhattan island" not "catched the lower Manhattan island portion".

It seems like you have not performed the upgrades to the 3 profiles.

It is best to paste a link to this thread in the edit summary though. Othervise somebody in the staff might mistake it for vandalism.

For god's sake, if i'm not around to argue every single stupid thing will get accepted just for the sake of upgrading characters.

I have an exam tomorrow so i won't argue now.

I'll be back tomorrow or on Friday.

I've only been gone a while and Gwyn's already going beastmode. Wow.

Once I get a long enough free time, I'll be checking each and every EMH profile, remove the ones that are irrelevant (Surtr) and fix what remains (hypersonic+ stuff)... after the striking revision. Yeah.

Asylus' post about the stats for EMH is the one to be followed, yes?

@Gwynbleiddd Okay. Sorry. This thread can wait until then. No problem.

Yeah sorry about that.

1.I don't see a good reason to use the other calc instead of mine.

The initial kinetic energy of a projectile going upwords and the potential energy at the highest point of its trajectory are the same.

Now in movies/animated series etc. speed is a matter of portrayal but potential energy is constant so it's much more consistent to use it when possible.

Now regarding scaling.More scaling steps doesn't always mean a more accurate measurement.That because even in real life systematic and statistical errors escalate quickly resulting in extreme differences in the real and meassured value.

In fiction this is even worse because most of the time there isn't a true value to begin with, especially when we are talking about badly drawn animation like this.Scaling from different scenes with get different results and the other calced got the mass of the lifted part to be 4 times the result i got.

One cannot simply dismiss such differences.

2.Iron Man returning to earth clearly involves cinematic time and as stated before we don't calc KE from speed of characters.

Iron Man just disappeard from sight, that doesn't mean he reached the earth, according to Vsauce in space you wouldn't be able to see (with the naked eye) an astronaut floating 15+ km away.So Iron Man traveled at least 15 km in a very small time (pretty sure that would put him at least at Hypersonic or hypersonic+ range)

3.Now about Iron Man's durability feat.It's not that easy to dismiss but there are also flaws here.

First of all let's start by saying that Iron Man isn't exactly a top tier, most of the time stragling with enemies Thor and Hulk treat like fodder.So there is always a great chance that a feat that puts him close or higher to Thor and Hulk is an outlier.

Now let's start from analyzing the scene: Graviton uses his power to accelerate towards the sky (constantly applying a certain force).Iron Man starts flying upwords, there is a cut and then we see him flying in space (with the calc putting his distance at 14295 km) but then we see Ant-Man looking at the direction Graviton sent Iron Man with a visible "spot" disappearing.But that spot couldn't be Iron Man because he was 14295 km away from Earth on the previous scene.But it is Iron Man which means that the animators ****** up with either the perspective or the timeline of the scenes.

So far we have cinematic time and a very bad scene that makes us question a few things.So applying KE to the feat would be like a wanky assumption due to all the missing holes here.

Have to go (again) so i'll finish this in a few hours.

"The initial kinetic energy of a projectile going upwords and the potential energy at the highest point of its trajectory are the same.

Now in movies/animated series etc. speed is a matter of portrayal but potential energy is constant so it's much more consistent to use it when possible.

Now regarding scaling. More scaling steps doesn't always mean a more accurate measurement.That because even in real life systematic and statistical errors escalate quickly resulting in extreme differences in the real and meassured value.

In fiction this is even worse because most of the time there isn't a true value to begin with, especially when we are talking about badly drawn animation like this.Scaling from different scenes with get different results and the other calced got the mass of the lifted part to be 4 times the result i got."

I don't get this logic. If he threw Iron Man in a timeframe of seconds since in the Ant-Man scene we can clearly see Iron Man vanishing in the sky (Which you could use to get a more accurate ascending speed by the way), then Graviton send the weight of Tony Stark + His armor flying at incredibly speeds, which can wield a great KE.

Also the lack of weight doesn't matter. We have an official weight for Tony Stark and his armor in the comics, and in lack of a better option we can apply it to these versions.

https://media.giphy.com/media/11mfyxSAdH5SWQ/giphy.gif

^ Iron Man completely disappearing from Ant-Man's field of vision in seconds. If you want to have no Cinematic Timing, figure out the speed through speed.

Or alternatively, figure out the speed through this.

https://media.giphy.com/media/j40PB4JY68Zd6/giphy.gif

Look how fast Tony ascends here. Angsizing and a quick calculation would let you figure out the true speed.

2. Iron Man returning to Earth has no Cinematic Timing, we see it happen in seconds on-screen.

https://j.gifs.com/k5P50r.gif

Calculate the speed of that. Even if you don't want to calc the KE of that (Fine), calculate the speed and apply to Tony.

I agree that 7-B Iron Man basing on the KE of his speed is uncertain, though.

Back