• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible additions to Sans' powers.

While Sans and Frisk are at Grillby's, Sans seemingly stops time in the entire building so he can ask Frisk about Flowey. The main evidence here is how Grillby's flame stops moving, even though it's normally in constant motion.

https://youtu.be/hQLwLMNzd2w <--As seen here at 3:27

This has been rejected before. But I wouldn't disagree with the feat being added under Toon Force and obviously being inapplicable for combat.

Also where does his Clairvoyance come from?

ShockingPsychic said:
Why was it rejected? It seems pretty straight forward and clear to me.
It could be just a visual thing, meaning nothing, or any other power. Deadpool (FOX) did the same at the beginning of his first movie, for example.

Bump.

@ShockingPsychic Could you change the title of the thread to reflect that other stuff is being discussed?

bump, i have also seen people say that when the screen foes black during his fight, he was stopping time, but no is just his teleportation.

disagree with the time stop since it was likely just a dramatic effect

I do think this is time stopping tbh. I doubt it'll be added but I'll give additional reasoning. For starters, the clicking sound it makes happens every time the screen blacks out during the game, people assume this is him teleporting, yet his shortcuts are considered teleportation and they seem to be different, furthermore, why would it make sense for the screen to black out if only Sans is teleporting? As for him supposedly teleporting during his fight, he would need to be able to think and act during teleportation, which I doubt he can do, I may not be understanding it properly, but wouldn't that mean Sans can think and act while traveling at isntantaneous/infinite speeds? To further elaborate on what I said earlier about his shortcuts, whenever he uses shortcuts, he walks in a certain direction that would normally make it impossible to get to his destination, then you instantly appear at said destination, it's also worth noting that there is no sound when he does a shortcut, it just happens, unlike when the screen blacks out. There is also the clear implications of him having some sort of manipulation of time and space, and him clearly being aware of time travel, even guessing that you're a time traveler. Honestly, I feel like him being able to stop time is as likely if not more likely than him being able to teleport, personally I think he can actually do both.

This next bit is purely theoretical, but personally I think that Sans simply manipulates the game and it's code. If the player wants, they can go into the games code and change the room number they're in, which you could call teleportation, I think this is what Sans does during his shortcuts, for time stopping, I think it's the same, he's just manipulating the games code. This fits with him being a genius, him constantly doing things in his fight that isn't done anywhere else in the game (things I'd consider as blatantly cheating), as well as his implied and potential 4th wall awareness.

In genocide he teleports from in front of you and the screen goes black with a click. Plainly put, there is more precedent for teleportation more than time stop.

Not saying TP is impossible, but we have honestly no idea. But manipulation of the game code seems far too farfetched. Being a genius does inno way help with that, and he is actually helpless if you decide to **** with coding.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
In genocide he teleports from in front of you and the screen goes black with a click. Plainly put, there is more precedent for teleportation more than time stop.
Not saying TP is impossible, but we have honestly no idea. But manipulation of the game code seems far too farfetched. Being a genius does inno way help with that, and he is actually helpless if you decide to **** with coding.
I never said he does manipulate the games code for sure, I just said it was purely theoretical and something I believed.

Thing is, the black screen could just be there to make him more misterious before the fight, thats kinda of his deal, looking like a weak monster while being one of the biggest treats in the game.

And besides in his fight he is teleporting and the screen still turns black, and he sure as hell isn't stopping time.

If he did, why wouldn't he damage you? he hardly cares about playing by the rules and just wants you to quit.

The only reason that he would time stop to place his attacks instead of just attacking would be that his time stop is short.

But thats directly contradicted by the restaurant scene, that was pretty long comparared to his attacks that reach you in seconds

IIRC the black screen only appears in genocide becaude of the effect that i said above, and since he is friendly in the normal run there is no reason for such menancing effect.

Why would his Telep give him infinite speed? Is said in the profile that he can telep you and his attacks, he doesn't need to act at infinite speeds, just put you and his attacks in the right place, that takes like two thoughts.

Him being aware of time travel and such has nothing to do with time stop, could just be extrasensorial perception or claryoance (misspelled probaly) or even just him being a genius like kira yoshikage fiding out that hayato bited the dust multiple times just by being smart.

The only exception is the xp judgement but that can also be achieved by stalking and skill by a genius.

Like Risci said, him messing with the files is just too much of a fan theory that a actual supported feat, and being a genius doesn't help, we are talking about messing eith not just your reality, but a meta reality or something.

And his most famous 4th wall feat is non-canon

Thelastmlg said:
Thing is, the black screen could just be there to make him more misterious before the fight, thats kinda of his deal, looking like a weak monster while being one of the biggest treats in the game.
And besides in his fight he is teleporting and the screen still turns black, and he sure as hell isn't stopping time.

If he did, why wouldn't he damage you? he hardly cares about playing by the rules and just wants you to quit.

The only reason that he would time stop to place his attacks instead of just attacking would be that his time stop is short.

But thats directly contradicted by the restaurant scene, that was pretty long comparared to his attacks that reach you in seconds

IIRC the black screen only appears in genocide becaude of the effect that i said above, and since he is friendly in the normal run there is no reason for such menancing effect.

Why would his Telep give him infinite speed? Is said in the profile that he can telep you and his attacks, he doesn't need to act at infinite speeds, just put you and his attacks in the right place, that takes like two thoughts.

Him being aware of time travel and such has nothing to do with time stop, could just be extrasensorial perception or claryoance (misspelled probaly) or even just him being a genius like kira yoshikage fiding out that hayato bited the dust multiple times just by being smart.

The only exception is the xp judgement but that can also be achieved by stalking and skill by a genius.

Like Risci said, him messing with the files is just too much of a fan theory that a actual supported feat, and being a genius doesn't help, we are talking about messing eith not just your reality, but a meta reality or something.

And his most famous 4th wall feat is non-canon
I feel like saying it's just there for dramatic effect, or rather, to make him seem more "mysterious", is subjective if anything.

He breaks the rules, but that doesn't mean no rules apply to him, by that logic, why doesn't he just trap you in an unavoidable attack like when you spare him?

Either that or his attacks can't move in time stop, or just because it'd make the fight unfair, which, again, would be bad for the game itself. Undyne the Undying's file stats are 12 and 7, if they were actually 99 and 99 in the game itself her fight would probably be impossible or at least nigh-impossible.

What I was saying is that if he's summoning the attacks during his teleportation, that would mean he can summon attacks during teleportation, and since teleportation is instantaneous, that would mean he's able to think and act during a nonexistent time frame. And I wasn't saying that this is proof of him having infinite speed, I was using it for the argument that this isn't teleportation.

I never said having awareness of other timelines and clear powers related to time and space definitely gives him time stop, I said that, since it's obvious that he has some powers related to time and space, or at least more knowledge of time and space than most people, then him having the ability to stop time wouldn't be very surprising.

Again, I was never saying that he definitely can manipulate the code or using it as evidence of potential time stopping abilities, I was just mentioning it as an interesting theory that I believed, I even said it's purely theoretical and said "personally" to emphasize that it was a personal belief.

He is plain stated to be... I can't remember the precise quote but Papyrus says that he is messing with space and time to skip his puzzles if you ring him in the puzzle just before where his fight takes place.

Regardless tough, time stop seems quiet a reach without much proof to me.

How? Even the fire on Grillby's head stops moving completely, and starts again upon it going away. There is nothing showing that Grillby or any other fire elemental can control how their head fire moves, either.

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
How? Even the fire on Grillby's head stops moving completely, and starts again upon it going away. There is nothing showing that Grillby or any other fire elemental can control how their head fire moves, either.
the problem isn't the appearance of the feat, going on it alone he would have it.

the problem is the fact that he doesn't even think of using it during the same battle that he broke several rules and wanted to make you quit, it would be useful since that scenes take several seconds if you go fast on the dialogue.

and all the other evidence is him teleporting

i don't think that there can such a thing as a non combat applicable time stop, unless you couldn't do anything other that thinking, and sans straight up talks to you, thus he could even make others immune.

the lack re-usage and any depth explanation of the time stop heavily implies that it was a dramatic effect

I believe I had something similar to that, as I believed Sans was stopping time rather than teleporting. Even in the genocide route, during his fight, Sans makes the screen go black before it goes to normal, where some attacks come out of nowhere, seemingly set up quickly. I believed that Sans stopped time to position Frisk's soul location in the bullet box, as well as his attacks.

Back