• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans Dimensional Travel Addition

There's quite a lot of evidence that suggests Sans has not only awareness of timelines, but in all likelihood has traversed them outright. I would suggest a "Possibly Dimensional Travel", simply because the methods he uses are unknown.

To begin with, numerous times we are told or shown how Sans is a scientific genius who can consistently and casually defy physics as nothing more than a joke, apparently doing so often enough that Papyrus even talks about being pranked across space and time as a common occurrence.

Sans bedroom door is exactly identical to the teleporting doors located in the dark world. Toby is not so lazy that he would reuse a sprite with that level of significance just to avoid making a new sprite, it was clearly intentional.

Sans is known to have some form of relation to Gaster, confirmed by the attack name Gaster Blaster, but there's a whole lot more that could be unpacked there and it would take up too large of a portion of the CRT.

When you call Papyrus in their house, he says this about Sans' room.

The Riverperson warns us to beware a man who came from another world.

Sans has a picture of 3 people with the words "Don't forget" written on it. There's been a lot of debate on this mystery over the years, but one undeniable thing is that the two words "Don't forget" have a heavy importance in Deltarune...they even have an entire OST titled just that. And Sans is quite literally the ONLY character in both games to have the exact same sprite between games, though it would be in line with his character as the laidback lazy funny guy.

According to the official comic Grillby's Rogue's Gallery, the first time Sans walked into Grillbys he asked for "the usual", and he immediately managed to get along with everyone there. This is giving more context to the information we have about Sans and Papyrus from the Shopkeeper who says that they showed up out of nowhere and asserted themselves.

And most pressing of all the evidence I've seen thus far;

3gleebvcou341.png

This is borderline confirmation in itself. The restaurant Ice-E literally DOES NOT EXIST in Undertale. It HAS to be from the Deltarune timeline. The ONLY question is how Sans got ahold of it.

I forgot to mention that Sans apparently occasionally runs Grillbys when Grillby himself is out...Sans in Deltarune owns his own store that was implied to be formerly named Grillbys, and literally has an identical exterior design. And the Sans dialogue about having "met before" with a wink in Deltarune.

I can agree with that, but how exactly he is going to use that in a Versus Thread since the method is unknown?

Can he use it in prep time battles?
No because we have absolutely zero idea or suggestion for how he did it. Just that Sans and probably also Papyrus originated from another universe, potentially the Deltarune timeline. Sure it is very much implied that he probably used the machine in the lab to do it, or he was making the machine in an attempt to return, but we just don't know enough for even a credible theory. Certainly inapplicable. Which is why I suggest a "possibly" rather than "likely". If it was suggested that Sans himself did it intentionally, then I'd give it a likely, but because we only know he somehow managed to traverse worlds, and that he is some manner of sci-fi level scientific genius with extensive knowledge of timelines, among some other things, it's only really enough to say he possibly has dimensional travel.

It might also be worth noting that Alphys, who Sans is probably on par with, could casually add a dimensional storage device for a cell-phone in literally seconds.

Din't this get rejected in another thread? Like, i think Shion make a CRT to add this ability with some other things, and that got rejected.

Back