• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon vs Street Fighter! Vs Battle Wiki Soccer Tier 7 Tournament - Round 1, Match 4

e4e99f09-d54f-4d2e-af98-249978d091cc
61fce669-e447-40ca-9148-65291512c261

"It juggles a pebble with its feet, turning it into a burning soccer ball. Its shots strike opponents hard and leave them scorched."

-Cinderace Pokedex Entry

"I am Akuma. And I will teach you the meaning of painful soccer!

-Akuma

Annnnnd we're back with more folks! The next generation of vs debating, vs soccer, is really heating up and in the making with these exciting matches! The Naruto and Eden's Zero matchup just started and it's already bringing a lot of attention to the tournament! Let's see if this next matchup here will be just as, or even more exciting!
In the left corner, we have the powerful creatures of the world of Pokemon! And in the right corner, we have the brute and powerful brawlers of Street Fighter!
It's time to analyze these characters strengths, abilities, and skills, to see who would win...a vs soccer game!

Tier: 7

Team Pokemon:

Goalie:

Machamp

Forwards:

Cinderace
Blazekin
Dodrio
Mega Lopunny

Mid-fielders:

Lucario
Greninja

Defenders:

Gardevoir
Hitmonlee
Chesnaught
Kommo-o

Extra:

Infernape

Coach:

Oranguru​

Team Street Fighter:

Goalie:

Dhalism

Defenders:

Urien
Gill
Oro

Midfielders:

Ryu
M. Bison
Area

Forwards:

Akuma
Evil Ryu
Necalli
Kage

Extras:

Gouken

Coach:

Dan Hibiki​

Team To Start Kickoff:

Pokemon Team

Additional Rules:

-Both teams are in character
-No direct attacking allowed
-Speed will be equalized in this matchup
-Winner: Whichever team is more likely to score more
points or has the better viable strategies, formations, etc.

Soccer Field Location:

Abandoned Calaneth District

63fbf151-1923-435d-aab3-7fd52faf1bb0

Wish both teams the best of luck, and most of all, for everyone to have fun!!!

Team Pokemon votes: 2 (Mantidill, Louchange)

Team Street Fighter votes:

Inconclusive:

Winner:

Last edited:
I'll start with Street Fighter's side.
For forwards, Akuma, Evil Ryu, Necalli and Kage are known to be very brutal in terms of offense and speed, so they would go for a very aggressive playstyle and their drive to win means they would definitely not back down, putting pressure on the opposing team. Akuma, Kage, and Evil Ryu have ki powers meaning they could blow up buildings to get through and maybe knock the ball away and teleportation to bypass defense. Necalli can create small tremors to trip foes up and has a ground travelling projectile to leave them in a crumple state, though that may break the rules.

For mid-field, Ryu could do a similar aggressive playstyle though he's more suited to act in a more flexible playstyle of passing and defense. Shoryuken to snag air balls, and Hadokens to clear obstacles. M. Bison is more aggressive but he can do that cheap ass slide to easily snag the ball. Area can psuedo-fly to get any airborne Pokémon (which in this case is only Dodrio) or to easily bypass defense and get around the area quicker. Also roller skates, teleportation and invisibility gives her plenty of mobility options and get through defense. However invisibility seems to only work after dodging enemy attacks. Since the rules forbid direct attacking, she may not use that ability. Also has many attack reflectors, so any projectiles the Pokémon uses will just get sent back by her. She also can scan the Pokémon for data but that only scans on their fighting styles which is useless in soccer, though she might give her some idea of how they operate and play.

For defense Gill can fly to control the air and steal Dodrio's ball and can summon meteors to destroy any buildings in the way. Urien can create barriers to block shots and make a pillar of fire to obstruct the enemy's pathways. Oro does a similar tactic in flight and he could sense to where the ball and the opponent is with his ki.

For Dhalsim, he can spew his illusion fire to block pathways to trick his opponent to not shoot. Even if that gets worked around, Dhalsim could read minds and his stretchy body can allow him to react and get shots even if he's out of position of the net.

Overall, the team has a flexible playstyle so I can see them adapting. That said, I notice their shared weakness is that most of them are arrogant and underestimate their opponents at first. They might not take the Pokémon seriously at the start of the match, being weird animals and humanoids. Though once they displayed their abilities and prowess, then the SF would take them seriously and start to play at their best.

Not voting Street Fighter yet, I want to see what Team Pokémon can do.

Also, most of the subs got demoted to Tier 9 so only Gokuen is usable.

Last edited:
Looking at Pokémon's forwards, Cinderace's higher speed + flaming soccer ball skills + supernatural luck would make him very likely to score if Cinderace gets the ball. In general, Pokemon's relativistic speed and and mobility seems to pose a big problem for the Street Fighter defenders. They would have to heavily rely on strategy in order to defend their goal.

I think Street Fighter has the stronger midfielders though. Though Lucario's and Greninja's tactics may be annoying at first with their powers, I could see Street Fighter adapting quickly. M. Bison's teleportation and Area's information analysis seem like they would be very helpful, so they might be able to wrestle control of the ball.

In general this looks like a contest between speed and versatility (Pokemon) vs skill and intelligence (Street Fighter). I kinda agree that Street Fighter characters might start underestimating Pokemon in the beginning but get better as the match goes on (though I don't know SF super well).

Side Note: Does Kage have a profile? I can't find him on the Street Fighter page

Huh. could've swore Kage had a profile before...Darn, guess another swap. If Kage doesn't have a profile, I'll replace him with Oni. He'll share the same strategy as before.

It was decided in one of my CRTs that Kage needs his own profile, without being a key in Evil Ryu's, so I'll make it anew once the Power&Abilities CRT ends.

I will also leave my thoughts on this match later.

Btw, isn't speed equalized? I thought it was, because otherwise it's literally a blitz and it would be even for other verses.

It was decided in one of my CRTs that Kage needs his own profile, without being a key in Evil Ryu's, so I'll make it anew once the Power&Abilities CRT ends.

I will also leave my thoughts on this match later.

Btw, isn't speed equalized? I thought it was, because otherwise it's literally a blitz and it would be even for other verses.
Ah yes, knew I forgot something. Ill edit it in.

But yeah speed will be equalized.

Since speed is equalized, that mean Cinderace won't be able to take advantage of its speed to get through, though still has luck and flaming balls on its side. Also Oro does have the ability to sense, so he could anticipate incoming strikers. Urien does have barriers so he can reflect any shots from Cinderace or any of the Pokémon projectiles. Though the PKMN's better mobility options might give the SF defense some struggles.

Dhalsim's fire breath to scare them off won't work on half of the opposing striker team. It won't work on Cinderace and Blaziken because well...they're fire types, even if they think the fire is real. That's like scaring a fish by splashing it with water. Might scare off Mega Lopunny and Dordrio but Dordio can fly and Mega Lopunny can jump over...I guess. However, Dhalsim has been shown to read minds, so he can read what the strikers are thinking and can plan accordingly. Thing is...can Dhalsim understand what the Pokémon are thinking? Pokémon have shown communication to each other but never a human understanding a Pokémon says, barring Lucario and Meowth since the former has Aura and the latter does it through training apparently.

Dhalsim can also fly and teleport, on top of stretching, he has very good mobility.

I'll leaver more thoughts later now that I know speed is equalized.

Think the Pokemon team would win, mainly because they'll get better overtime.

While Machamp in itself isn't a better goal than Dalsim, he has some advantages. First is the fact that his arms moves faster than he can think, meaning his reaction time would be faster than the average goal. I guess Steadfast could work if you consider him possibly fearing some shoot (Evil Ryu/Akuma's) as flinching? Making him even faster than he would have been.
Now his main thing would be No Guard. It litteraly means that the forwards will always hit Machamp, and that Machamp will always hit the ball.
He can also uses Focus Energy, Karate Chop, Cross Shop which help to get crits, which would make it perfect for a little help with throwing the ball away right.
SF's forwards all are either animalistic or agressive af/hate-based, so they'll likely not ressort to cheap tricks which would have put Machamp to shame, resuming everything to pure kick vs pure punch.
Also Bulk Up the entire match while watching stuff happening.

Regarding the Forwards

Cinderace has the advantage of actually knowing football. Although he was put as a forwards, his entry says that he is both strong in offense and defense, meaning he can directly fight for the ball after losing it. Blaze would make him stronger by the end of the match, given how agressive his opponents playstyle would be. He can also boost himself a bit or use Counter, but that's meh. If Dynamax's included, then he gets a Homing ball that can get past Dahlsim or Urien's barrier. Can also use Sand Attack to use the evil sand-in-your-eye technique. More of a third Mid-fielders than an actual forwards.

Takes what I said for Cinderace regarding Blaze, Counter, or Sand Attack. Speed Boost makes him blitz everyone by the end of the match. He can also use Fire Spin to gain field advantage or Mirror Move to litteraly take the ball with the exact same technique that took it from him. Some moves being especially kick-based allows a better control with the ball. Also Bulk Up overtime brrrr.

I guess Dodrio can exploit Run Away to get past Defenders and all..? Agility and Accupressure can help him for boosts sake. And Pursuit may help him to directly get the ball back. Idk why it is part of the team tbh.

Lopunny being Mega prevents her from making everyone fall in love with her I guess. Can boost herself and give it to others with Agility and Baton Pass, making the team a full blitz force. Also a lot of her moves are feet based, which can help, and her ears-based ones can be quite surprising for the first time.

Mid Fielders

Steadfast and Counter is the same as before for Lucario. Copycat can be used in p much any situation, to counter a shoot with the very same one, take the ball from someone with their own technique or match the speed of the dude trying to pass through him; Me First is the same but with him having the initiative.
Screech/Metal Sound can be quite annoying, and Life Dew/Heal Pulse can make so that only the opposite team ends up tired by the end of the match.
Laser Focus, Helping Hand, Sword Dance, Calm Mind to boost himself.
Detect can help to pass through the defenders or to take the ball, while his aura control can be used for anything, including shooting. Reversal can help this by the end of the match
If it was Smash Lucario, he would also get OP by the end of the match

Same as Blaze for Torrent. Double Team uses should be obvious in any situation, same for Substitute. Spikes and Mat Block can allow him to take the ball.

Will do Defenders later if I can, but that's part of why I think Pokemon would win.

Necalli could trip up the opposing team with his tremors from his Culminated Power move to send them flying, preventing them from taking the ball. Since this tremor is Ground-type based or at least similar to most ground type moves, Lucario, Cinderace and Blaziken suffers heavily from Necalli's tremors, making it easier for them to trip up and harder to recover. Dodrio won't have a problem however, since it's a Flying Type, making it immune to Necalli's tremors, somehow. As for the goalie Machamp, Necalli's tremor can trip Machamp up and give him or his teammates a chance to score. If Machamp does have No Guard, these tremors will always hit, making it easy to Machamp to lose its footing, though getting the ball around Machamp is still difficult with No Guard (unless the ball hits Machamp and then bounces off into the net, but physics won't help much here). Akuma, Evil Ryu and Kage could also create small tremors, albeit to a small extent. I'm not sure if Culminated Power breaks the no attacking rule. He doesn't seem to be directly attacking, only from a distance.

Akuma, Evil Ryu, Kage (or Oni if Kage isn't in) could play aggressively hard enough to prevent the Pokémon team from setting up boosts by getting the ball and using their various mobility options to get through the team fast enough to score a goal, though they might not cover all of the PKMN team, leaving a few to easily set up and No Guard Machamp remains to be somewhat of a problem. All three can teleport and go intangible for a brief moment, allowing them to get through opposing strikers and mid-field and bypass defense. Also all three do have an airborne spinning kick, so they can nab Dodrio's ball and give they limited flight to bypass over. However, Gardevior and Hitmonlee's precog might negate the SF forward's aggressiveness, allowing them to predict their movements and act accordingly.

SF's forwards would need to apply pressure and prevent the opposing team from setting up buffs by playing aggressively, which they are good at. However, they can't cover all of them meaning they are bound to slip up, leading the PKMN team to buff up and eventually overwhelm SF. Doesn't help the forwards are rage-filled monsters and full of hatred, making them less likely to resort to dirty tricks and leaving themselves manipulated.

Also, can Dhalsim read the Pokémon's minds? If he does, he could prepare himself in advance.

SF's forwards would need to apply pressure and prevent the opposing team from setting up buffs by playing aggressively, which they are good at. However, they can't cover all of them meaning they are bound to slip up, leading the PKMN team to buff up and eventually overwhelm SF. Doesn't help the forwards are rage-filled monsters and full of hatred, making them less likely to resort to dirty tricks and leaving themselves manipulated.
What if we replace one of the SF forwards with the extra, Gouken? It would at least allow for a different dynamic at the very least since he is of a very different temperament.

Last edited:
Hmmm...Gouken as forward would change things up a bit. His more calm demeanor does allow him to focus better and would probably take note of the opposing team's styles. That said, his more patient and somewhat passive nature might conflict with the rest of the forwards unless he gives advice on how to control their rage.

Replying to some stuff up there, Cinderace doesn't have any higher speed, as it is equalized and its good luck is questionable in its effects and in how effective it would be, and the flaming ball isn't something it could use there, it basically is an ignited rock and setting the ball on fire would destroy it.
But I agree it likely is the more expert given the context.

The Street Fighter team is likely the best in terms of cooperation, as they mostly know each other, have a general idea of what soccer is due to living in world close to the real one and are overall more intelligent than your average Pokémon. I'd also say that the field, an urban area, is a slightly better advantage for the SFs, if those Pokémon are wild and not used to that kind of environment.

Some Pokémon also aren't that well-versed for soccer given their physiology, like Kommo-O, Chesnaught, Dodrio, Gardevoir (who doesn't even have feet) and Greninja. Them being more adapt to combat also means they likely don't know how to best employ stats altering moves.

They have an advantage with Hitmonlee, Blaziken (and its speed boost), Lopunny and Cinderace being naturally adept to using kicks, more than some of the Street Fighters.

I also don't know how much Gardevoir's telekinetic shenanigans would come in play.

The SF forwards are very versatile, three of them use the same fighting style, and although they usually are not allies, they know are willing to cooperate due to the rules of the tournament, so them being similar would allow for a better coordination I believe. They have good maneuverability with the ability to become intangible, they use a lot of kicks moves and are very acrobatic. Necalli is the one with less connections with the others, but he also uses a lot his feet for combat, has good mobility and can use his tremors to give support to the others while they do their work as forwards.

Cardboard has given other explanations for their options that I agree with, but I disagree with the SFs underestimating their opponents, that's something that only Urien, Kage and maybe Bison would do.

I'm also not voting yet, I want see more arguments.

I didn't even know the soccer matches were finally happening lol, anything important I missed, or is it still what was discussed originally in the first thread?

We could probably try to call people how previous commented on the original thread so the show can go on also why did we start with the groups that took the longest to complete they aren't the most popular?

Back