• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
The title is self-explanatory, time for a mass giveaway.

Not that all of the following proposals are to be intended as additions. When I will ask for removas, I will mark the distinction between them and the additions.

Abilities that belong to (almost) everyone:
  • Acrobatics: It doesn't need explanations, literally everyone but Balrog is able to perform this kind of maneuvers (yes, even Dudley)
  • Status Effect Inducement: I'm not sure about this, but in Street Fighter there's the Stun status, achieved by repeteadly beating up the opponent without giving them the chance to get free from the combo and cause them to become dizzy. Another one is Crumpling, which can be obtained through Focus Attacks and some other moves.
  • Damage Boost: This is about EX Specials or ex moves. Normally I wouldn't count this, as it's a common game mechanic in many fighting games, but since SFV those moves started to have different properties, animations and some times they change completely, becoming an entire different type of move. If accepted, this can either go to only the characters that appeared in SFV, where these moves are totally different than normal, or even to those that appeared in SF3 and 4, as the mechanic was also present in these two games.
Ryu
  • Heat Manipulation: His ki is hot, literally. He burned Seth's wrist after grabbing it and later incinerated one of his copies with an hadoken.
  • Possibly limited Deconstruction: Power of Nothingess only. Caused Bison to crack apart and dissolve into light particles.
  • Limited Intangibility: Power of Nothingness only. His attacks phase through those Ryu doesn't want to harm (one of his punches phased through a butterfly and an hadoken through Chun-Li and Li Fen)
  • Statistics Amplification: Denjin Renki power ups Ryu's punches and hadokens, making them stronger. This might just be electricity manipulation, which he already has, but since is an ability to "trigger" I thought it might count as stats amp
  • Minor Power Nullification: This is just like Damage Boost, something I wouldn't have considered under normal circumstances. Basically this comes from Ryu's techniques Hanagashi, Thrust Strike and Mind's Eye. These techniques are "canonized" versions of the Parry mechanic. Normally I wouldn't consider them actual powers, but since they turned it into a specif move that very few characters can do (we'll see the others) I think it's safe to consider this something they really have, a perfect block that nullifies an incoming attack and allows the user to recover faster than the opponent.
  • Damage Boost: He might already get this in case the previous proposal goes through, but Ryu can still use enhanced versions of his normal attacks and even charge the hadokens, all stuff that counts as damage boost.
  • Rage Power: Only for the first two keys. When Ryu gets mad he unleashes the Satsui no Hado, the end.
  • Awakened Power: Second key only. Similarly to Rage Power, Ryu managed to briefly unleash the Power of Nothingness out of sheer determinationn.
  • Possibly Multiple Selves Type 1: Third key only. This is because of Kage, the living embodiment of Ryu's Satsui no Hado, who gained consciousness after that Ryu managed to suppress it once and for all. This is just possibly because Kage might have been vanquished, although it's unsure. He actually used to co-exist with Evil Ryu inside him, but I'm unsure it meets the new criteria for Multiple Selves (Kage totally does).
  • Enhanced Senses: Sensed C. Viper waiting for him and reacted fast enough to dodge her surprise attack.
  • Likely Extrasensory Perception: He should be able to sense ki, as other less skilled ki users, such as Cammy, Chun-Li and Guile, as we'll see, have shown to be able to do so. Just likely because I have no evidence of him sensing it, but his expertise in the use of ki should allow him to. As we'll se as well, Akuma, Rose, Dhalsim and Oro can sense ki, but they are more expert than Ryu with it, or just have a more deep relationship with it.
  • Resistance to Corruption: Suppressed the Satsui no Hado once and for all and was never really conquered by it, despite having used it often and being pushed by the likes of Akuma, Bison and Evil Ryu to let it take him over. This might be limited for all keys and complete in the last one.
  • Possibly Resistance to Sealing: This might be limited. Gouken sealed off his Satsui no Hado, but it didn't last longer. I also made a question thread about it, and it should qualify as resistance. Gouken is much stronger than Ryu and we have no details on how the seal was supposed to work.

Ken
  • Statistics Amplification: Because of Heat Rush. As Ryu's Denjin Renki, this might qualify as stat amps as well as not.
  • Enhanced Senses: Has finely-tuned battle senses, which allowed him to spot Zangief and R. Mika on the balcony, to attack them in almost pitch black and to sense that his punch didn't knock Zangief out. (If you need some explanation, Ken heard some noises coming from upstair and though they were thief or Shadaloo soldiers sent to kindnap his son, you can also search the word senses on the page to find the statements without having to read everything)
  • Likely Extrasensory Perception: Same as Ryu.
  • Resistance to Electricity Manipulation: Unaffected by C. Viper's electricity. It's not because of his glove, because Ryu got hit in the same spot and felt the electricity running through him.
  • Resistance to Mind Manipulation: Violent Ken only. M. Bison couldn't control him, not even after infusing and powering him up with Psycho Power. Since Violent Ken is not canon, this doesn't apply to his normal self.

Chun-Li
  • Extrasensory Perception: Ki sensing.
  • Weapon Mastery + Gun as optional equipment: This is not a joke, she actually used to carry a gun with her and it is repeteadly stated that she is good (source) with firearms
  • Stealth Mastery: Infiltrated an S.I.N. laboratory alongside Guile.
  • Statistics Amplification: Via Renkiko
  • Minor Power Nullification: Similarly to the Parry techniques, she has an attack called Hakkei, which has the specific property to cancel out normal projectiles, something that can't be normally done.
  • Awakened Power: Out of sheer determination she found the strength to defeat Vega, who defeated her rather easily not much time before.

Guile

Additions

Removals
  • Statistics Amplification: Powering up attacks with ki isn't Stats Amp, it's just Guile using his own source of energy. Power up Sonic Booms is also part of the Damage Boost proposal previously mentioned.

Dhalsim
  • Extrasensory Perception: He can sense ki/energy. On top of that, he can also sense evil , according to his quote against G in SFV I do not sense evil in you... To fight is to obey the great Agni's will."
  • Damage Boost: In addition to the general proposal, he has a move that qualifies as such
  • Perception Manipulation: It's already established and accepted that his fire is just an illusion that burns you if you believe it being real, and it's reiterated in one of his SF4 quotes "My flame is but an illusion, but it will burn you if you believe it to be real." This illusion gives you the perception of being burned, you still feel the pain, so it qualifies.
  • Minor Instinctive Reaction: As for Ki Manip, this too comes from Musings on a Still Night. Danger. Dhalsim's body seemed to know it before his mind was aware, sliding into a defensive stance of its own accord.

E. Honda
  • Statistics Amplification: Onigawara makes his Sumo Headbutt stronger and gives him access to a new move.
  • Minor Power Nullification: Like Chun-Li's Hakkei, Honda's Neko Damashi cancels out normal projectiles.
  • Damage Boost: Sumo Spirit makes his next Hundred Hand Slap stronger

Blanka
  • Natural Weaponry: Has sharp fangs and teeth, as shown in his moves Wild Hunt and Wild Fang
  • Social Influencing: Since taming animals in an extraordinary short time or way is considered Social Influencing, Blanka gets this because he could tame and ride on a whale.
  • Statistics Amplification: Just like Ryu's Denjin Renki, Blanka's Jungle Dynamo gives his attacks electric properties, and those that are already electric are simply stronger.
  • Enhanced Senses: Has an enhanced smell, as stated by his quotes in SF4 and 5 against Alex, Oni, M. Bison and Decapre.
  • Underground Mobility: Because of the move Lighting Mole (video)
  • Intelligence upgrade "Average to Above Average": He is totally not as feral as his profile says, and he is more intelligent than a caveman. He certainly is naive and lacks formal education, but he knows how to speak and progressively get better overtime, actually learning how to properly do it. In Alpha 3 he could just emit growls, in SFV he can properly talk, despite making some errors. He could do it as well in SF4, grasping concepts as respect and knowing stuff like what a phone bill is. He even shows more awareness than Dan, who still thinks Blanka and Sakura use Saikyo arts. He is also an expert fighter and survivalist, something that definitely grants him the "above average" side.

Zangief

Removals:
  • Attack Reflection: Zangief never had a move to reflect projectiles. He can avoid them with Double Lariant and Banishing Flat, but not reflect them.
Additions:
  • Power Mimicry: Technique Mimicry, more than power. He could use Karin's "Ruler Staying Hand", an exclusive and extremely complicated technique, after seeing it once.
  • Vibration Manipulation + Range: Because of the technique above, "overcoming the enemy with the rythmic movement or your muscles" sounds and looks like shockwaves. It can also hit enemies that are twelve-thousand kilometers away, so he gets a range upgrade but only when using this specific technique.
  • Social Influencing: Just like Blanka tamed a whale, Zangief tamed a pack bears in a very short time and taught them wrestling poses.
  • Minor Power Nullification: Same as Honda and Chun Li, Zangief's Head Butt cancels out normal projectiles.
  • Minor Air Manipulation: His Cyclone Lariat can suck opponents in by creating an air vortex
  • Damage Boost: His Cossack Muscle boosts the power of his Screw Pile Drive and Borscht Dynamite
  • Resistance to Cold Temperatures: Can walk almost naked during a blizzard and be unaffected by the cold. Resistance to Cold is also one of his special abilities

Cammy

Additions:

• Summoning: Because of Psycho Streak (see it here). This is limited to her Killer Bee version, I might make a small CRT to add this type of key to her, but for now the power should be valid. The wiki says that this Bison may be a clone made of Psycho Power, but imho it doesn't make any sense. There is no evidence of this, Cammy couldn't use Psycho Power (she uses it as a form of ki to enhance her punches only in Marvel vs Capcom) and also says "Yes, Sir!" to him, something that she would have no reason to say to a fake.
  • Weapon Mastery: One of her special abilities is knife-throwing. She has never used them whatsoever, but the skill remains.
  • Stealth Mastery: I don't really have evidences of this, but as a doll she was an elite guard and killer, and her crimes are repeated many times over the course of the series. She also is part of the Delta Read team, which is a special operations unit. She also infiltrated the same S.I.N. laboratory as Chun-Li and Guile, but they might have cleared the way before, although there were some more guards.
  • Statistics Amplification: Delta Drive makes her stronger and faster.
  • Enhanced Senses: This is kind of weird, but apparently she can sense cats. These quotes are from SFV, the first a generic quote and the other i vs. Sagat (Wila Mailu is Sagat's tiger)
  • Extrasensory Perception: Can sense ki.
Removals:
  • Limited Cloning Ability: Whatever it means it's not a thing. I think it's referencing the previously suggested Summoning, but as I said there's no evidence that she is creating a Bison clone with a power she doesn't have.

Fei Long
  • Minor Power Nullification: Similarly to other characters, his Rekkaken cancels out normal projectiles

Balrog

Additions

Removals
  • Chi Manipulation: I have no idea why he has this on his profile, he has never used ki.

Vega
  • Natural Weaponry: Has very sharp nails that somewhat compensate when he loses his claw. I don't really know how to show this, but basically without the claw he can still perform the same moves and the "slashing" visual effect remains.

Sagat
  • Damage Boost: Angry Charge power ups his next Tiger Uppercut and Hanuman Charge does the same to his Tiger Knee
  • Statistics Amplification: Tiger Charge and Tiger Assault should count, as he gains access to new powerful moves while he burns with ki
  • Gifted in combat: I've expanded his intelligence section and I believe he deserves an upgrade to gifted for combat.

M. Bison
  • Immortality Type 7 and Incorporeality: This is for his ghost form, as we know he can survive as a psychic entity if his body is killed
  • Preparation: Simple enough, he has an entire organization behind his back and can set up plans and weapons such as the Black Moons and the Psycho Drive
  • Genius Intelligence: I believe he should be upgraded from Gifted to Genius, and I've prepared a draft of the new description.
  • Aura: Self-explanatory.
  • Forcefield Creation: Can create barriers and forcefields. He should be able to make them even in his base, as he uses one for his Super Psycho Crusher and has used another one in his fight against Juri (which happens before SFV)
  • Paralysis Inducement: Can stop others in place with his aura (this might be exclusive to his SFV key)
  • Energy Absorption and Attack Reflection: Via Psycho Reflect, which can absorb projectiles and them their energy back after storing it. Psycho Drain can also steal the opponent's energy.
  • Extrasensory Perception: It's stated many times how he could sense Ryu's Satsui no Hado in Alpha 3 and he might sense ki in general as well.
  • Enhanced Senses: Noticed C. Viper hiding behind a crate, while no other could.
  • Clairvoyance: Can track people down, supposedly with his mind powers, and open portals to their position. Was aware that Ryu had defeated Necalli.
  • Astral Projection: Can project his image and talk though it
  • Explosion Manipulation: Via Psycho Blast, Psycho Crusher Omega and Psycho Nightmare
  • Power Bestowal: Can infuse others with Psycho Power, powering them up. Psycho Power can also stored and used for weapons, as with Decapre's blades. By using other devices, Psycho Power can be used to enhance the power of others, as his soldiers and the Dolls.
  • Healing: Psycho Power can be used to heal others
  • Empowerment: He becomes stronger if an opponent hates and fears him, as his Psycho Power feeds on negative emotions. The japanese version of the statement is also consistent.
  • Resistance to Sealing: Rose managed to seal his Psycho Power, but it didn't last that long, despite her thinking to having sealed it forever.
  • Resistance to Acid: F.A.N.G's poison is also an acid, see his section.
  • Weakness for his Possession: Basically, he can't automatically possess anyone, the host body must be somewhat suited to him. To possess Ryu he had to charge him with Psycho Power first, Ed, Falke and Cammy are his clones, the bodies he inhabited in SF2 and 4 are also clones, Rose had the same soul as himself and Seth has been engineered for that purposes. This to say that Bison can't just be killed and hop inside the first person that happens to be next to him or even just the opponent. There are no real confirmations of this, just him not possessing a streak of people each time he gets killed. In SFV he didn't possess anyone after his death and started chasing Ed and Falke, and in SF4 he was stored in a computer or something waiting for the new body.
  • Adding tabbers for the Black Moons and the Psycho Drive
  • The Psycho Drive has: Empowerment (As it power ups M. Bison), Energy Projection (The Buddha statue can fire the stored energy), Healing (The Psycho Drive can heal Bison indefinitely, even from distance), Energy Absorption (The Psycho Drive absorbs the energy of those imprisoned inside it, with M. Bison and the Dolls as the only exception)
  • The Black Moons have: Empowerment (As they empower M. Bison by gathering negative emotions and giving them to him), Magnetism Manipulation (They can release powerful EMPs), Self-Destruction: The Black Moons can be made crash onto the ground, causing mass destruction.

Akuma

Removals:

• Statistics Amplification: Just as Guile, using ki to power up your attacks is just drawing from your own energy, it's not stats amp.

• Soul Manipulation: This will probably be surprising to many of you, but the Shun Goku Satsu/Raging Demon destroying the opponent's soul is actually a mistranslation. You see, everything originated from Akuma's ending in Street Fighter Alpha 3, in which he explains the Raging Demon and its effect. At the end, he says "witness the death of your soul!" to Gen. This is a translation choice that Capcom USA made back in the 90s, but in the original japanese text Akuma never mentions this. This is kinda backed up by the fact that it's impossible to find any other reference to this soul-destruction effect whatsoever. No dialogue, quote, website, bio and so on mentions it, as the attack itself is also rarely referenced. It also explains why Bison managed to survive with his psychic soul, as only his body was killed. The same for Gill in the non-canon ending of SF3, where he resurrects from Akuma's Raging Demon. The only other source that talks about this, but I can't confirm it, is apparently one issue of the Street Fighter UDON Comics, where Akuma uses it on Seth. However, other than not being canon, these comics are made by a Canadian team and they are little to no supervised or influenced by Capcom (as such the many differences in plot) and they probably have used the original USA translation as a source. It's no surprising, because the Raging Demon having this effect was pretty much common knowledge, as I too believed it had that effect. For how unfortunate it is, the Raging Demon still has durability negation properties, and they will be addressed right now in the next list.
This also doesn't just affect Street Fighter Akuma, but his Asura' Wrath and Tekken counterparts, Oni, Evil Ryu and Kage as they have soul destruction for the same reason. Heihachi, Gen and Gouken have a resistance to it, which just gets switched.

Additions:
  • Death and Pain Manipulation: The Raging Demon still has the power to kill you through the weight of your sins (on top of being repeteadly pummeled by Akuma). Both the US translation and the Jap version match on this, your past sins kill you and the more evil you are the more pain you feel in death. This also will be applied to Asura Akuma, Tekken Akuma, Oni, Evil Ryu and Kage. Gen, Gouken and Heihachi will have resistance to Death manip, as they might have felt pain).
  • Statistics Amplification: It's already back, but now thanks to Dohatsu Shoten and Shiretsu Hasshi
  • Aura: Self-explanatory.
  • Extrasensory Perception: He can sense ki.
  • Minor Power Nullification: His Rakan works just like Ryu's Mind's Eye. Kiai also cancels out projectiles.
  • Fire Manipulation: Because of Sekia Goshoha and Sekia Kuretsuha
  • Transformation: Into Shin Akuma.
  • Minor Air Manipulation and Pseudo Flight: Because of Demon Armageddon
  • Resistance to Corruption: He has perfect control on the Satsui no Hado and can keep its bloodlusted side at bay, without being corrupted by it.
  • Non-Physical Interaction/Incorporeal BFR: I don't know how to call this ability, as it may be something else like "exorcism", which doesn't exist though. His Houten Seikengeki vanquished Kage, which isn't corporeal or at least not totally or not always, as we'll see in his section at the end of this thread. Basically Akuma sent this shadow away, which could count as BFR, though only for incorporeal beings as he never did anything similar to a tangible being. The fact that Kage might be intangible or tangible only in some moments makes this complicated.
  • Intelligence upgrade: I think he should be worded as a combat genius, instead of just combat gifted. He not otnly is one of the strongest fighters on the planet, he mastered his fighting style, constantly improves and creates new techniques and can match other fighting geniuses such as Gen and Oro, whose intelligence and skill will be mentioned in the respective sections.

Charlie Nash
  • Minor Electricity Manipulation: With Tragedy Assault he releases a small thunderbolt.
  • Damage Boost: Silent Sharpness boosts his next Sonic Scythe
  • Immortality type 7: SFV only. He is an undead, that's it.

Rose

Dan
  • Social Influencing: Because of all the taunts he uses.
  • Damage Boost: With Tenchi Saikyo no Kata, which boosts his Gadoken and Koryuken

Guy
  • Stealth Mastery: I don't have any notable evidence for this, but he is an expert ninja and grandmaster of his style, it is very likely for him to be able to perform stealth maneuvers.

Sakura
  • Damage Boost: With Haru Arashi and Sakura Senpou, which boost her special moves.
  • Gifted in Combat: Just like Gen, I already expanded her intelligence section, the main reason is her developing an efficient imitation of the Ansatsuken out of imagination and memory alone, and she can also match Karin.

Evil Ryu
Removals:
  • Split Personalities: Doesn't have any internal conflict anymore, as he totally succumbed to the Sastsui.
Additions:
  • Heat Manipulation, Enhanced Senses, Aura, Rage Power, Damage Boost, Possibly Resistance to Sealing: Same reasons as Ryu, given that he is an alternate version of his SFIV self.
  • Likely Minor Power Nullification: Ryu in SFIV knows the Hanagashi, one of the parry-techniques I mentioned before and Evil Ryu should know it as well.

Gen
  • Pressure Points: Via Shitenshuu (video) and Shitenketsu (video)
  • Supernatural Willpower: His character revolves around him being terminally ill but refusing to die because he wants to fall in a death match. His will to live is shown in his SF4 prologue and ending, and despite his illness he kept living from the times of the first Street Fighter to SFV, which empasses many years.
  • Aura: Shown in the video above.
  • Stealth Mastery: As a legendary assassin that used to work in the underworld and that uses many refined techniques, he most likely has great knowledge in stealth.
  • Genius: He should be upgraded from gifted to genius for his vas combat knowledge and additional skills. I already expanded his intelligence section (with references), which was barebones, so you can judge if it's worthy or not.

Rolento

R. Mika

Cody

Removals:
  • Fire Manipulation: This comes from Might Final Fight, which isn't canon to the main trilogy.
  • Electricity Manipulation: I just have no idea where this comes from and I couldn'tfind anything about it.
Additions:

Karin
  • Genius: Same as Sakura, judge from her intelligence section.
  • Vibration Manipulation + Range: Same reasons as Zangief.
  • Preparation + Red Spider Lily as Optional Equipment: Her Zaibatsu has a satellite called Red Spider Lily that can shoot laser beams. The endings are not canon, but the satellite is.
  • Social Influencing: Her smile can strike fear into many enemies. quote: Karin's sly smile would have struck fear into many an enemy. Source
  • Minor Power Nullification: Fudo Sosho cancels out projectiles
  • Possibly Levitation: States to possess her own levitation technique

Oro
  • Genius: Just like other characters, I leave you to judge if he deserves it. I've written it on one of my sandboxes because I wasn't sure of how good it was, I tried to fit in the relevant informations and quirks, as Capcom really focused on that side of the character.
  • Telekinesis: Via Tengu Stone. He has also mastered telekinesis.
  • Surface Scaling: I remember asking this in an thread that doesn't exist anymore, but he can stand on top a flying plane, which normally wouldn't be possible.
  • Statistics Amplification: Via Kishin Riki
  • Possibly resistance to Corruption: Same as Ryu, Sagat and Akuma. He managed to create and control an imitation of the Satsui no Hado. Him not being taken over by it may be a result of him creating it in the first place, hence the possible.

Elena

Removals:
  • Telepathy: This comes from the Ryu Final manga, so it's not canon.
Additions:

Ibuki

Urien

Q
  • Stealth Mastery: He is a musterious figure than appears on many crime scenes, cna barely be spotted, has evaded the CIA attempts to catch or gather information on him and also snuck into one of their offices unnotices. It can all be seen in his ending.

Gill

C. Viper
  • Vibration Manipulation: Her gauntlets can emit shockwaves.
  • Stealth Mastery: Is a mastery spy and CIA agent, has worked undercover for S.I.N. without being discovered and infiltrated a Shadaloo base, as seen in M. Bison's section, in the justification for Enhanced Senses
  • Weapon Mastery + Gun as standard equipment: Mastered her special suit and also carries a gun with her.

Gouken
  • Sealing: Sealed off Ryu's Satsui no Hado
  • Vibration Manipulation: Via Fudoshin
  • Damage Boost: Can charge his Denjin Hadoken to enhance its power.
  • Limited Power Nullification: As seen in the video above, he completely negated the Ragin Demon, it didn't even start.
  • Likely Extrasensory Perception: He should be able to sense ki as his brother and less expert ki users, such as Chun-Li and Guile.

Juri

Oni

Removals:
  • Pure Flight: There is no reason for him to have it, he never truly flew.
  • Statistics Amplification: Same reason as Akuma
Additions:

Poison

Seth

Removals:
Additions:
  • Information Analysis and Accelerated Development: Watching and analyzing the fighting style of others is how he learns and eventually copies their moves. You can see it from his quotes and obession for data. He also mentions it in Juri's ova, as seen in her information analysis justification. He already has it on his profile, but just for one of his SFV moves, which makes the power combat applicable, as normally it isn't.
  • Cyborgization: Seth seems to be mostly biological, but has the Tanden Engine in his stomach and has likely more artificial parts. The Doll Unit 0 also seems to have a computer integrated into it.
  • Duplication: SFV only. He creates a duplicate of himself during Tanden Extreme
  • Dimensional Storage: SFIV only, via Tanden Stream
  • Extrasensory Perception: Can sense Psycho Power and possibly other energies.

Rashid
  • Awakened Power: Became faster and stronger through rage and determination after hearing what F.A.N.G did to her friend, and even managed to defeat him, something he couldn't do before.
  • Statistics Amplification: Via Easifa
  • Flight: Can use his tornadoes to fly away.
  • Resistance to Acid: Same reason as Bison, see the additional effects of F.A.N.G's poison below.

Laura
  • Statistics Amplification: Spark Show increases her strength and speed

F.A.N.G

Necalli
  • Martial Arts: Is a fighter and uses his own violent style, that's it.
  • Smoke Manipulation and Corruption: It's never shown in-game, but his Shadaloo C.R.I profile states that "He's constantly surrounded by a noxious gas that pollutes the souls of whatever it comes into contact. Once that happens, the infected people become like Necalli and seek the souls of other strong fighters"
  • Body Control: Can turn his body into a mud-like substance.
  • True Absorption: He doesn't just absorb the soul, he consumes people whole.
  • Teleportation: Able to appear from nowhere and disappear as well (see the videos above)
  • Clairvoyance: Can track down and appear where strong fighters are, as he did with Ryu, Bison, Akuma and Urien.
  • Telepathy: Sent Ryu a vision.
  • Dream Manipulation: Appeared in Nash's dreams.
  • Organic Manipulation: Via Crawling Beast
  • Natural Weaponry: Has sharp fingers which he uses to slash his foes, as seen in his moves The Disc's Guidance and Ceremony of Honor
  • Possession: His official card states the he can possess animals, and I don't think it refers to pets. It may be referenced when he appears to Nash in the form of a sheep.
  • Energy Projection: Via Heart of Gold
  • Sound Manipulation: Via The Calling
  • Immunity to Bone Manipulation: Is the only character who lacks a skeleton when electrocuted, which is supported by him being made of pseudo mud.

Kage
  • Possibly Non-corporeal: Is the shadow of Ryu's Satsui no Hado and spawned out of him and all throughout the story he doesn't seem to be entirely a physical being. Actually, it could be argued that all his battles were spiritual or mental, even though Akuma and Ryu seem to having had a physical fight with him.
  • Clairvoyance: Same video as above, he appears to those who have experienced the Satsui no Hado.
  • Teleportation: Same again, he can disappear and appear at will while tracking down the Hado users.
  • Limited Corruption: Tempts the Satsui no Hado users to fully embrace it, as he represents even their own inner darkness.
  • Possibly Telepathy: Seems to be able to speak into their minds.
  • Statistics Amplification: Via Taigyaku Mudo, which boosts his v-skills.
  • Supernatural Willpower: Literally willed himself into existence when Ryu suppressed the hado.

Last edited:
Looks alright to me.

Also, the thing for Bison should be that it works if the opponent happens to fear him as that's what 恐れる points to, meaning just hating him isn't what will empower him but the act of fearing him as well.

Not sure how this will come into play against anyone outside SF series, but it's noteworthy that more than one negative emotion can still empower him.

Thanks to everyone for the input.

May I be damned, I forgot to fill a point, a weakness for M. Bison's possession, I'll describe it here then I'll add it to the op with some links if needed.

Basically, he can't automatically possess anyone, the host body must be somewhat suited to him.

To possess Ryu he had to charge him with Psycho Power first, Ed, Falke and Cammy are his clones, the bodies he inhabited in SF2 and 4 are also clones, Rose had the same soul as himself and Seth has been engineered for that purposes. This to say that Bison can't just be killed and hop inside the first person that happens to be next to him or even just the opponent.

There are no real confirmations of this, just him not possessing a streak of people each time he gets killed. In SFV he didn't possess anyone after his death and started chasing Ed and Falke, and in SF4 he was stored in a computer or something waiting for the new body.

I also forgot to remove FANG's enhanced senses, because I don't remember the reasons I thought he should have it and I couldn't find it again despite watching cutscenes and reading stuff featuring him.

Seems pretty good, agree.

Want only ask a question does Bison immortalities (immortalities that will be added and which he already have) are combat applicable?

Another thing, after looking again, shouldnt the sealing thing just be more like a weakness it doesnt last long rather then the character sealed having resistance

@Oleggator I don't think so, Immort type 7 still counts as incapacitation and it would be very difficult to find an opponent that is suited for Bison. The only time he applied it in combat was after having been finished by Rose in SF Alpha 3 and this because they have the same soul. In SF2 and V he just died and started wandering as a spirit.

@BlackDarkness679 I had the same issue, so I made a thread about it, even though just Therefir replied. I think it can count as a resistance, since Rose is comparable in power to Bison amd believed to having sealed him forever, while Gouken is stronger than Ryu and, assuming one's power is relevant, this should make it more a resistance than a weakness. Though, a "possibly" can also work.

Im a bit iffy still for Ryu getting sealing resistance tho, Bison case is more justifiable as its outright said to us, with Ryu we dont really get word on it

But we have Gouken esplicitly sealing off his power, though. I think a possibly is still warranted.

Ryu dodged bullets only in the SF alpha OVA and it hasn't been calced anyway.
Guile's Sonic Booms breaking the sound barrier is Transonic and not Supersonic+

Where does Deconstruction come from? I noticed that you suggested it in the OP but gave no citation. Aside from that my only other complaint would be that "limited power nullification." is being very generous, at best this is what I would call Minor Power Nullification due to it only working in a particular stance and only being able to negate projectiles.

Although I do also find it odd since tons of characters from various other series aren't given Power Nullification via the Parry move despite them working exactly the same, Liu Kang from MK doesn't have it for example along with a handful of other characters.

Deconstruction has a link and an explanation, it's from Ryu turning Bison into light particles.

I'm fine with switching limited to minor.

For other series, I think it depends on how the mechanic is treated. Even in Street Fighter, like the third, everyone can make parries, so I didn't count it for those characters. However, in SF4 and V there is no parry, and it's limited to 3 characters having it as a special move with its own name. If others verses have something like this, I think it would be fine even for them. Moves that negate projectiles are similar, are that effect is obtained only through said specific moves.

The same thing is for general damage boost, I wouldn't have counted it if it was a general game mechanic, but they made it so the special moves completely change in animations, effects and so on, hence why I also asked if it was better to limit it to SF4 and 5, where this is more prominent (especially in 5).

Last edited:
I've received an information and a video that shows how Urien's Aegis Reflector does indeed work on Gill's projectiles, so I'm going to remove the latter's Attack Reflection Negation.

To be precise and avoid misconceptions, I've removed it from the op, not from the actual profile.

We use deconstruction for stuff like Thanos' snap turning people into dust and Chou Goku's hakai doing the same, so I thought that breaking someone down into some kind of particles was the same.

But it's good either way, I'll change it.

I dont see how is it transmutation, its not like Ryu changes him into particles, its more logical to be deconstruction as is similar to Thanos snap in a way, plus just Bison soul remains after that

Bison turned into light particles in the scan i was given, turning someone into light is not Transmutation. Thanos cannot be compared to this given the fact that he has various statements and he deconstructs as a Atomic level. The ash is a byproduct of all the atoms being messed with, deconstruction turns you into a pile of ashes, blood or outright vaporize you. Deconstruction is not the ability to turn people into light.

You literally said earlier its transmutation, now you say its not, decide what you say

The hadoken from what we see hits Bison, then his body cracks and gets broken apart in atoms, that looks like deconstruction

Simple grammatical error, I meant to say Deconstruction.

There isn't any "looks like Deconstruction" and those aren't atoms, those are particles of light and energy. Last I checked atoms aren't a vibrant blue luminous colored energy.

Simple grammatical error, I meant to say Deconstruction.

There isn't any "looks like Deconstruction" and those aren't atoms, those are particles of light and energy. Last I checked atoms aren't a vibrant blue luminous colored energy.
doesnt even fit transmutation at all if that to you looks like that....it still looks like deconstruction, it breaks apart in a fashion like other powers from fiction like hakai or snap

I personally don't mind calling it a somewhat limited form of deconstruction, in lack of better options. Transmutation is more akin to turning lead into gold or a bouquet of flowers.

Turning someone to energy when we visibly see his body cracks apart....transmutation is what the fullmetal alchemist MC does, Ryu case is nothing like that

Turning someone to energy when we visibly see his body cracks apart....transmutation is what the fullmetal alchemist MC does, Ryu case is nothing like that
Not all Transmutation works like FMA and in FMA its extremely limited, I.E they can't turn people into stone. Unless you have direct statements of those blue light particles being "atoms" then Deconstruction is a massive no go.

His body cracking apart is irrelevant and is no sign of deconstruction.

It doesnt fit transmutation regardless, not even visually, you pushing for that is massive reach

Also what is relevant to you is irrelevant, the body cracking apart into those leans more to deconstruction

It doesnt fit transmutation regardless, not even visually, you pushing for that is massive reach
... you know the definition the definition of Transmutation yes?
noun
  1. the action of changing or the state of being changed into another form.

Transmutation is the ability to alter the form of energy, beings, objects, matter, etc. to change it into something else. This ability has a variety of applications, including transmuting nearby objects into useful items or nullifying attacks by turning them into something else. More specialized versions can turn forcibly transmute or transform targets into other inanimate objects or vastly weaker beings (i.e. a common toad), effectively incapacitating or killing them.

Also what is relevant to you is irrelevant, the body cracking apart into those leans more to deconstruction
None of that is deconstruction, cracking isn't apart of deconstruction otherwise ice Manipulation would be considered as such. Again, learn the definition of a word before attempting to apply it to profiles, this is inherently transmutation and its the textbook definition.

Okay, very limited transmutation then, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back