• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon vs Halo's The Flood

Specifically, Halo's The Flood with no Keyminds vs ONLY Baby Pokemon & lower tiered 'mons.

Might revise later for fairness, but....

Speed Unequalized for now.

1. Takes place in the Pokemon setting's Planet Earth, the inhabitants of which have 24 hours of preptime.

2. 10,000 of each notable variety/form of Flood, excluding those requiring interaction with Pokemon. (Numbers subject to change.)

3. The Key Minds don't, didn't & never will exist, as far as this match is concerned; They can't participate.

4. Pokemon & human populace figures are based off closest real world parallels (Cities populaces, wildlife populace counts, etc.). OR, if that method isn't used for a species of Pokemon, this match begins with 8,000 of that species present on Pokemon Earth.

5. Trainer participation is optional. If it gets stompy, round 2 with trainers involved.

6. The ONLY Pokemon present are Baby & lower tiered Pokemon, that, as far as everyone is concerned, can't evolve; No other Pokemon.

Otherwise, typical SBA & Versus Thread Rules. How does it go?

(Hopefully this is on the right board.)

Pokemon seem to have a looooot more numbers and power being packed. Granted some of the Flood could infect them but I'm not sure how well that works out when a single Pikachu could vaporize a platoon of them.

So for now I vote Pokemon.

Pokémon stomp extremely hard honestly, since most of the flood is like 9A maybe 8C.

The only one who can take on an individual Pokémon is the Didact

Mr. Bambu said:
Pokemon seem to have a looooot more numbers and power being packed. Granted some of the Flood could infect them but I'm not sure how well that works out when a single Pikachu could vaporize a platoon of them.
So for now I vote Pokemon.
Pikachu isn't present. There ARE Pichu (8-C), but they can't evolve in this.

The only Pokemon present for this are Baby Pokemon & weaker species, such as Magikarp, all of which are also unable to evolve in this.

Given the varying tiers (9-B to 8-C Individually) for the Combat Forms, I can underthem being outpowered.

Although, how do you figure the Pokemon would have the numbers advantage, taking into account rules 2 & 4 here? Are The Flood not that diverse?

Oh. So 8-C and below. I guess that changes things.

As for numbers- IIRC the Flood have like a dozen variations or something like that? Like they have a version of the attack modes for most aliens and marines, and a few variants from there. Compare to Pokemon with 8000 each. Though without the 8-A and above guys this becomes more even.

@ Mr. Bambu:

Yeah. To clarify the species of Pokemon involved in this match: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Baby_Pokémon#List_of_baby_Pok.C3.A9mo

Pichu, Cleffa, Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Riolu, Mantyke....

Plus Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Magikarp, Wishiwashi-Solo (No Schooling), and MAYBE Wimpod & Wurmple?

Surprisingly, Golisopod has a page, but no Key for Wimpod, its pre-evolution, & NONE of Wurmple's evolutionary line have pages at all!

So that's 23 to 25 species of Pokemon. Assuming 8,000 for each.... 184,000 to 200,000.

Infection forms might have a chance against some Magikarp & Wishiwashi-Solo, given those Pokemon are/can be 10-C.

The Flood only has a dozen or so? As in, roughly 12 variations?

Of course, instead of 8,000, a Pokemon's populace could be based on the populace of similar enough real world species, if applicable. But that might just increase their numbers advantage.

At least that the pokemon would be aware of the danger of the flood, the flood wins this easily, because to defeat easily the parasite, their enemies should act quickly and destroy the flood before it becames more powerful.

But also, considering that in this battle, the pokemon side wouldn't count with powerful pokemon or even legendary pokemon, while the flood can count with every form avaliable, except by the keymind, i think that the flood could still wins even if the pokemon are aware of the danger of the parasite, because one reason to the flood is a truly dangerous parasite is the fact that the flood get smarter and learn more of their enemies, making the parasite adaptative, a good reason to the forerunner sentinels only serves to delays the flood outbreaks than destroy it easily without helps, the parasite always evolves.

Then my vote is that the floods wins.

Back