• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, screw it! I can't resist pitting Metagross against Ramiel, I mean look at those two! One's a machine that can go toe-to-toe with lesser gods from the Pokemon world (ex. Raikou) because pseudo-legendary while the other is an angel that looks like a giant Rupee from the Legend of Zelda. I mean heck with it, right?

Miracle Eye allows Metagross to work against Ramiel's Instinctive Reactions and Resistance to Mind Manipulation (as Miracle Eye is mind-based and gets through that nonsense) as the move locks onto targets, allowing Metagross to strike intangible foes and see through evasive maneuvers.

Ramiel's quantum deal is basically it forming its shape and a bunch of stuff about an ego boundary along with its strongest attack (it's 1.92-gigaton A.T. Field)... Metagross is a machine; what is a bunch of psychological nonsense gonna do to it? Plus they literally used Japan's electricity to deal with the A.T. field, so what's stopping an innately-magical creature like a Pokemon (let alone one with an AP of 3.181 gigatons and the ability to ramp its stats up) from dealing with Ramiel?

Regen might be an issue, however. High-Low is no issue; Pokemon in the manga are prone to getting into bloody battles, plus pokemon with Sturdy can handle flipping decapitation (the move Guillotine) and absolute zero itself (Sheer Cold), so there's that. Low-High may be an issue; although given Dhelmise can one-shot a 14.5-meter-tall whale, I don't think Metagross is gonna have much trouble dealing decent damage to Ramiel, especially if its intelligence and Miracle Eye allows it to target Ramiel's weakspot (the core).

For this match, both combatants are 100 meters away and speed is equalized.

Anyway, here be their profiles:

Metagross' Profile
Ramiel's Profile

Who takes this?

The Supercomputer: 6 (Imaginym, Peppersalt43, CrackerVolley, LeoEpicGamer8910, BrackishBrineBroth, FantaRin The First)
The Giant Rupee: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Matter Manipulation (Its main method of compact is a particle beam)

Its main method of compact?

Forcefield Creation (A.T. Fields are force-field barriers which Angels. Conventional weapons are effectively useless in penetrating an A.T. Field; the only thing that do so is usually another A.T. Field[2])

...which Angels WHAT?

What's Ramiel's behaviour, or what's known about it?
1. That's clearly just a typo of "combat"
2. It's like a psychic barrier they use to protect themselves. It's normally invisible until struck where it gives off this octagonal glowing wave pattern. The conventional weapon thing is kinda misleading, making it sound like how Servants can only be damaged by Noble Phantasms, but that just means it was too tanky for anything humanity has prior to the creation of Evas
3. From what it says on the Evangelion wiki, its main strategy is immediately start charging itself up to shoot a giant **** off laser at the most threating thing in its vicinity.

With all in this in mind, I expect Metagross to win this fairly handily. Its intelligence lets it quickly deduce Ramiel's incredibly basic strategy and psychic resistance (and likely recognizing the red ball in the center of Ramiel is probably important to its life) while avoiding shots thanks to its comparatively small size, before going in to just beat it up physically until it dies.

Man wtf talk about a matchup.
Meta has a lot of tools here, only thing of concern is the AOE and ludicrous heat that Ram's packing tbh.

1. That's clearly just a typo of "combat"
2. It's like a psychic barrier they use to protect themselves. It's normally invisible until struck where it gives off this octagonal glowing wave pattern. The conventional weapon thing is kinda misleading, making it sound like how Servants can only be damaged by Noble Phantasms, but that just means it was too tanky for anything humanity has prior to the creation of Evas
You misunderstand my question. At the time of writing -IDK if it's still true, & am to worn out from today to check it currently- the profile said:

"Forcefield Creation (A.T. Fields are force-field barriers which Angels. Conventional weapons are effectively useless in penetrating an A.T. Field; the only thing that do so is usually another A.T. Field[2])"
To be even more specific about what I was inquiring about:
"Forcefield Creation (A.T. Fields are force-field barriers which Angels."

There seems to be AT LEAST a missing verb there, if not a whole fraction of a sentence.

But thank you for your information.
3. From what it says on the Evangelion wiki, its main strategy is immediately start charging itself up to shoot a giant **** off laser at the most threating thing in its vicinity.

With all in this in mind, I expect Metagross to win this fairly handily. Its intelligence lets it quickly deduce Ramiel's incredibly basic strategy and psychic resistance (and likely recognizing the red ball in the center of Ramiel is probably important to its life) while avoiding shots thanks to its comparatively small size, before going in to just beat it up physically until it dies.
Reasonable enough for me.

Tentatively voting Metagross.

Back