• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Trainer Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, if it was JUST about Ash i'd actually agree with Ryu. And im pretty sure all the Yugioh pages are like that too.

My soon-to-be Beyblade pages will be like this as well once I manage to finish covering the verse for all the Bladers.

As such in the terms of vs threads, the opponent is fighting and only targeting the team of Pokemon or whatever supernatural abomination on the team. Perhaps I can make a rule/description of this or something.

I think the page should perhaps be changed to something like "Ash's Team" with the phrase "Ash Ketchum" being a redirect title then.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Ash himself doesn't fight, his Pokemon does.
To be fair, Ash got in quite a few fist fights in the original anime, but that's gotten downplayed as the series goes on.

I'm neutral on the subject, but I'm fine with rating Trainers themselves by their own feats, then have stats for their Pokemon.

I agree with that and a rule for that.

Maybe you could make a thread addressing that rule Dragon? Since this would affect many verses under this?

Ryukama said:
I think the page should perhaps be changed to something like "Ash's Team" with the phrase "Ash Ketchem" being a redirect title then.
Well the issue with that is that with names like these, the page name can get a bit.....long.

I don't know about Digimon, but wouldn't "Ash's Team" be short enough?

Given the new information, I just want a rename of the page. No changes to the profiles themselves.

Ryukama said:
Given the new information, I just want a rename of the page. No changes to the profiles themselves.
Oh, I understand. But I think we may need something to prevent misunderstandings and such.

I don't think we should rename the page either, to be honest. "Ash's Team" implies that it's just Ash's team while he's still a very active member of his team's battles, giving out orders and sometimes taking hits for his Pokemon.

And "Ash Ketchum" implies that all these stats are ''just'' Ash himself and not anyone else from his team. How does "Ash's Team" imply only the pokemon? Ash is a member of his own team. The profile would include Ash and it'd be clear to see that.

Darkanine said:
I don't think we should rename the page either, to be honest. "Ash's Team" implies that it's just Ash's team while he's still a very active member of his team's battles, giving out orders and sometimes taking hits for his Pokemon.
i mean, not really.

saying luffy's crew still takes luffy in the crew

Ryukama said:
And "Ash Ketchum" implies that all these stats are just Ash himself and not anyone else from his team. How does "Ash's Team" imply only the pokemon? Ash is a member of his own team. The profile would include Ash and it'd be clear to see that.
Not really, no. We've done this naming convention for other, similar franchises before. Theirs really no point to making a difference now, not to mention this will require a lot of work for no real gain.

@Ricsi-viragosi Completely different scenario. Luffy's crew don't need Luffy to guide them in battle. Pokemon practically need trainers to guide them in battle.

You don't think that we should create a blog or something cataloging the feats of the trainers themselves for indexing purposes? Hell, I know I am not the only one who would like to see how strong pokémon humans are-- and I wouldn't mind creating a thread or 7 of Pokemon physically fighting alongside their trainers.

The real cal howard said:
Note: This revision, if he is still willing, will be led by Aide rather than me. I'll still participate, but I won't be the driving force. Just a major one.
Anyway, now that we've solidified the tiers of the pokemon, we need to get to the trainers. And frankly, idk where even to begin...

We need to discuss who goes where and such with the scaling, and if certain trainers are holding back or using the full power of the Pokémon, or other factors.
Yes, I have no problem with that.

But, I thought we agreed upon making First stage pokemon 8-A in the previous thread, yet they still listed at High 8-C

Just because we've named pages like this before doesn't mean that renaming the page is going to cause confusion, at least not unless we're going to go by the same logic that could say naming them like this would also cause confusion. Also the point remains that "Luffy's Crew" doesn't exclude Luffy just like "Ash's Team" doesn't exclude Ash. Ash being more essential to his group than Luffy is to his is irrelevant to that.

I'm fine with keeping the page the same way as long as we have a note detailing the things Dragon and I have said though.

AidenBrooks999 said:
But, I thought we agreed upon making First stage pokemon 8-A in the previous thread, yet they still listed at High 8-C
They still need to revised, which i will do later:

Weaker First Stages: Transonic. 9-B. [From Cleffa]

First Stages: Massively Hypersonic+. 8-A. [From Pikachu]

Second Stages: Sub-Relativistic. Low 7-B.

Final Stage: At least Sub-Relativistic. Large Island level+. [From Charizard and other feats]

>Implying.

Still not ok with scaling baby early trash like butterfree up till Charizard, aggron, tyranitar, gyrados, machamp and the big crew .

Butterfree and early Pokémon evolution will scale to First Stages, i will scale them by level.

Dark649 said:
They still need to revised, which i will do later:

Weaker First Stages: Transonic. 9-B. [From Cleffa]

First Stages: Massively Hypersonic+. 8-A. [From Pikachu]

Second Stages: Sub-Relativistic. Low 7-B.

Final Stage: At least Sub-Relativistic. Large Island level+. [From Charizard and other feats]
Wrong, as that is anime ash Pikachu. I already listed all the other 8-A feats, but they were from Diglett and Horsea. MHS+ is from doging electric moves from Magnemite and game pikachu

Darkanine said:
8-A Butterfree and Beedrill seem okay.
They should scale to mid stages actually, they evole at lvl 10, close to other mids, like your starter.

Caterpies and Weedle can harm your starter, and other trainers have them as they starters. Like, even a Gym Leader has a Metapod

AidenBrooks999 said:
Wrong, as that is anime ash Pikachu. I already listed all the other 8-A feats, but they were from Diglett and Horsea. MHS+ is from doging electric moves from Magnemite and game pikachu.
Forgot to add, but yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back