• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Trainer Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, evolution. Unless now Scizor is 6-B or some sh*t. Evolutionless Pokemon would be by standard Low 7-B, unless say something like Hawlucha, who explicity scales to a fully evolve like Machamp, or they are really weak, whicj would make them 8-A+.

Also, Pinsir is part of the reasoning of Why Mid evos scale to Seismic Toss

AidenBrooks999 said:
Evolutionless Pokemon would be by standard Low 7-B, unless say something like Hawlucha, who explicity scales to a fully evolve like Machamp...
But that's the case with Pinsir and Heracross.

Nectar and pollen are its favorite fare. In fields of flowers, it gets into skirmishes with Butterfree over food.
~ Cutiefly​
Motionless, it hangs from trees, waiting for its bug Pokémon prey to come to it. Its favorite in Alola is Cutiefly.
~ Pineco​
Low 7-B Pineco and Cutiefly anyone? Lol

Given there's a handful of 1st form Pokémon at Low 7-B (or...one, with Mareanie) I wouldn't mind.

It's nowhere near as bad as Cranidos lol.

It lived in jungles around a hundred million years ago. It used its skillful headbutts to combat Aerodactyl.
~ Cranidos​
Apparently Cranidos is equal to Aerodactyl...despite Aerodactyl being superior to a Pokémon that's equal to a Pokémon that's casually superior to a High 6-C Pokemon (Aerodactyl>Archaeops=Carracosta>>Omastar)

OvO

"Aerodactyl>Archeops"

Proof? If something, the cranidos entry downgrades Aerodactyl to Low 7-B. I read the dex entries. It roamed the skies and sh*t, but nothing about he being above Archeops in strenght.

And Low 7-B would make sense scaling from Omanyte and Kabuto rather than Omastar and Kabutops.

Different topic, but what's with people atrraction to make battles with characters about to get revised.

Is like "oh, his stats would change and make my battle irrelevant? LET'S LOSE TIME AND MADE A VS THREAD! GENIUS!"

Aerodactyl was the unparalleled flying Pokémon in ancient times, stated to be king of the skies and to have ruled the skies without fear. Archaeops, being a flying Pokémon from that time, would logically be inferior to it.

The real cal howard said:
Aerodactyl was the unparalleled flying Pokémon in ancient times, stated to be king of the skies and to have ruled the skies without fear. Archaeops, being a flying Pokémon from that time, would logically be inferior to it.
Aecheops was inferior because it couldn't fly correctly, not because it can't fight Aerodactly

But even still, it shouldn't be comparable to Aerodactyl in any way in the wild-- otherwise, it wouldn't be the unparalleled, fearless top tier flying type.

Why not? Again, is fearless in the air, on ground even Cranidos fights it. And Archeops can't threated in air because it flys at low heights.

But to suggest that Archeops is comparable to Aerodactyl physically already requires more evidence on your part (not a simple, "nothing says he can't"). And as Craniados fights Aerodactyl, it's not far fetched to say Acheopps would fight Aerodactyls in the wild as well.

And then get ******.

And why to say that Aerodactyl > Archeops when he gets hurt by unevolved pokemon headbutts?

So far the dex entries say Aerodactyl < Archeops unless is a flying competition.

I'm just terrified of the concepts of pokémon realistically interacting in the wild. I'm gonna make a tier zoo type thread for this type of shit to discuss which mons would be dominant in the wild. Probably gonna add other monsters and species from other verses too.

Actually Aiden, thats wrong. Archeops can fly, its is previous evolution Archen that couldnt. And they even have an episode from the anime about this.

We all agree that the scaling of this incident is weird initially, but Craniados hitting Aerodactyl is a feat for the Craniados species, not an anti-feat for Aerodactyl. Means Craniados would stomp Archeops too if they fought in the wild.

Amexim said:
We all agree that the scaling of this incident is weird initially, but Craniados hitting Aerodactyl is a feat for the Craniados species, not an anti-feat for Aerodactyl. Means Craniados would stomp Archeops too if they fought in the wild.
No. Unless now you say a unevolved pokemon scale to top tiers. Which is bullsh*t

Does it even matter? The scaling issue was relying on Archeops being in-capable of flight, which is wrong. Archeops is the one that flies, Archen is the one that doesnt.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Actually Aiden, thats wrong. Archeops can fly, its is previous evolution Archen that couldnt. And they even have an episode from the anime about this.
90% of Archeops entries are about how it prefered to run instead of flying and how his wings are weak.

While Aerodactyl fly freely and It can't run for sh*t on ground.

Aerodactyl = Cranidos <<< Rampardos = Archeops

Bullshit why? And I'm not saying all unevolved scale to top tiers-- just Craniados to Aerodactyl. Even then, we could just write it off as an outlier, and Archeops would still be Aerodactyl's lunch in either case because, as Kukui said, they can fly. And would be nothing but Aerodactyl guanno.

Amexim said:
Bullshit why? And I'm not saying all unevolved scale to top tiers-- just Craniados to Aerodactyl. Even then, we could just write it off as an outlier, and Archeops would still be Aerodactyl's lunch in either case because, as Kukui said, they can fly. And would be nothing but Aerodactyl guanno.
And for me it sounds that your favorite pokemon are Aerodactyl and Cranidos.

Seriously, why so much persistency on High 6-C Aero? Low 7-B is respectable. And it would follow the rule of evolutionless pokemon = mid stages.

Now you're trying to imply Archeops is superior? I need a statement to prove that. Meanwhile, all evidence for Aero being stronger is readily apparent. You have to use scaling and ignore the raw implications of Aerodactyl hype and downplay him because it's too ridiculous to believe Cranidos is top tier. It takes a few mental flips to get to your stance.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Does it even matter? The scaling issue was relying on Archeops being in-capable of flight, which is wrong. Archeops is the one that flies, Archen is the one that doesnt.
It does, because the only think that everyones uses to make Aero High 6-C is because "it flew fearless".

Of course it does. The only other know flying type prefers to run and barely flies, and the top tier like Tyrantrum can't fly. Sheesh, as I said, as soon as Aero touches ground, even Cranidos beats it.

The rule for scaling is that? I mean, if that's true, ok. I am just trying to say that Archeops doesn't have much to directly support it being superior to Aerodactyl. No favoritism, just being an ass and debating that.

Unless a contradiction occurs. Like Heracross/Pinsir scaling from Vikavolt.

But the only thing that keeps Aerodactyl at High 6-C is "ruler of the skies" thingy, but, since the only known (If we get another High 6-C GOOD at flying fossil and Aero stills consider the king of skies, then it would scale to High 6-C) doesn really fly and Aero get attacked by Cranidos, he would be Low 7-B

Tyrantrum=/=Cranidos. It flying fearless implies it had no competition in its habitats and home terf, and I assume the 6-C is because he surpasses a possible 6-C creature as a result of that dominance? If not, then 7-B is even more legit in my mind, but Archeops being superior to it isn't supported by and Pokedex entries. Your conclusion comes from indirect evidence, and there's less going against Aerodactyl's dominance than going for Superior Archeops. Even if I grant you that Aero vs Craniados is an Anti-feat for Aero, that doesn't really make sense either way in terms of scaling. Because it means Craniados scales to mid-stage mons. Isn't that against the scaling...?

Firstly, the only dex entry that actually says its wings are "weak" is an Ultra Moon one, so it may not even be legit overall when compared to US or its other entries. Almost every one says it just prefers to run instead of fly, which doesnt mean its too weak to fly.

Secondly, it says its weak because of it being being the ancestor of all bird pokemon, not because its weak period. Even in the dex entry it blatently says its only weak to the point where it just needs a running start to take off into the air.

I'd be for it unless that's not the scaling rules. Though, again, I don't think Archeops is superior to Aerodactyl. Craniados still battle Aerodactyl, meaning they can hunt low enough fight Archeops, which means GG.

Archeops > Aerodactyl because better scaling and doesn't have a feat that make him scale to a powerful first stage (which is = regular mid stage = weak final stage = most evolution less pokemon)

Better? If not, I already said everything against this stubborn arguments. Low 7-B Aero is cool, and it already has a f*cking mega to make him tier 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back