• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Trainer Revisions (Revised)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not one very good at arguing pokémon. I have to admit that sometimes I can be very biased to it (along with star wars, it is my favorite verse) and might not make the discussion flow as well as it should.

Also, I am actually for scaling the Legends only to the Champion level trainers (possibly not the elite 4, just the champs), and the trainers who caught the legends. Hell, maybe not even the champs get scaling and just the protagonists and Cyrus. Though, I find it also a hard sell because a champion seems like they are the only trainers in the region to fight against and capture legends...

So, no, unless Youngster Joey has consistent feats and lore to put him up there with Champions, no 2-B Joey.

Only on Joke Battles.

Being well versed has 0 thing to do with keeping a discussion managable. Do we say that everytime DBS threads escalate and need to be managed properly? No we don't. Naruto ones? no either. If it needs to be under staff supervision, then it does. No amount of knowledge on a verse changes that.

Also, Amexim, not to be rude, but if you didnt even care about legendary scale, why the hell is this discussion being dragged on for so long? Seems completely unncessary and is wasting everyones time

And this devolved into some weird debate about morality and rationality. lol

Amexim said:
Kukui, that's the problem. That's exactly the problem. Because people with the power here effectively control what gets discussed-- even if they have good intentions. It can't be staff only, especially if the people who disagree aren't staff.
Democracy is kinda like two wolves and a sheep voting on who gets dinner sometimes-- at least if there isn't a mediating party to get rid of incorrect/fallacious arguments.
Sorry, but we want this site to be a democracy. Simple as that. I get sick of Staff Only threads as well. However, this is not about whether you agree with how we do things on this site. It's about whether trainers scale to legends.

Because he specifically knows Xenoverse well and is specifically granted permission to comment on the threads topic.

Doesnt mean it applies to every other person.

That's not how I have seen it being handled though Dragon. I have seen banned discussion topics be shut down just because they're banned-- especially when I request to "change a convention" or something. For example, with our Lightning speed stuff-- I was going to make a thread talking about how we could use the higher end of lightning as a HIGH END reserved for only when the situation calls for it instead of just pretending like Sub-relativistic lightning isn't a thing and couldn't ever be used. Nothing more than saying "we should say that it's possible for this to be done, but only in rare circumstances and stuff" and Ant almost obliterated me. There were other circumstances too. I don't doubt anyone has any malicious intent or anything, the system is just kind of broken though.

The reason I echoed what you said was because I agreed with it, but I am also able to recognize the problems with what you said. The issue I have is more directed to the stuff that happened in the thread Kukui made, where no one actually even considered the argument presented-- or waited for me to represent MY position properly before closing it. It's not very indicative of your willingness to listen no matter what, fam.

Exactly, cal, dragon, me, ya, buzzwole man, and Aexim apparently, usyally who the Pokemon threads boil down ta.

Plus currently, no need. Plus any who care is already debating.

The discussion's purpose was to be as objective as possible. I said that over and over again Kukui. Anyway, I'm gonna go to the thread.

Protagonists being 2-B is blatantly illogical, infinitely beyond their capabilities and any of their feats, relies on game mechanics, and completely ignores shit like consistency, logic, story, plot, and the Pokémon setting.

My dude. Are you really so impossibly biased that you cannot see what's wrong with 2-B Charizard? 2-B Pikachu? 2-B Gardevoir?

It is stupid PIS, that's what it is.

I could show you like, hundreds of instances of Spider-Man hurting Hulk. All happened, all are factual feats, all are equally bullshit that need to be ignored.

^

This thread is for figuring how powerful people like Misty and Brock are with their teams. Not how people are comparable to the things they revere, because they're not. Giovanni consistently reacted to attacks from Mewtwo and (iirc) Deoxys, yet neither he nor his team scale.

No, J-Man. Red's team couldn't even keep up with delxys and was quite clearly stomped, and he and Giovanni are consistently on par (at least judging from the Red Chapter), so it is inconsistent for him or his team to scale from mewtwo or deoxys.

And while Giovanni's Aggron was capable of breaking Deoxys' triangle-shield thing, that was a Deoxys that was tired and wasn't expecting the attack.

Giovanni caught Deoxys with aggron. Tired or not, he was not that weak, and why was he Tired? Giovanni if I recall.

Red got stomped, but he would be in the ballpark.

Emerald and zinnia bith fought legends.

Yet he waited until Deoxys already fought Red and got tired before trying. That's what I remember.

I know about Emerald. I was the one to brought it up in the first place and explained why he and possibly others from the dex-holders would scale, imo.

So to be Absolutely clear, we can just close threads we disagree with if we're admins? This is what I was ******* saying all throughout this thread, the opinions of non-staff members don't matter.

Matt, how is the claim ignoring the story when it takes into account what is actually shown in almost every media? The Protagonist canonically does have legendaries. To say that he doesn't is ignoring story.

Amexim, while I understand your frustration, your attituded is not at all the way to go on about this. I enormously recommend you take a cold shower and calm yourself. Believe me, it helps. uvu/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back