• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Trainer Files Part 2

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So we came up with a standard format for the Powers and Abilities listings, but now we need to work on tiers.

Format
So I am going to make this simple.

I will be going by a simple 4 Key System. One for Early Game, one for Late-Early Game through Mid-Game, and one for End-Game.

Key: Early Game | Late-Early Game | Mid Game | End Game | Post Game

What are these points in Game?
Early Game is defined a pre-1st Gym Challenge or in Alola's case, pre-1st Island Trial. Basically your Stage 01 Pokemon.

Late Early Game is around the end of the First Gym or Trial to around the 2nd Gym or trial through the main challenges of the game. Usually the time when you start getting Stage 02 Pokemon.

Mid Game is the time when you are done with your second Gym or Trial to the point when you are a little more than half-way done with your adventure. By this time you have either very powerful Stage 02 Pokemon and are starting to gather Final Stage Pokemon and are also running into Fully Evolved Pokemon.

EndGame is the point when you have basically all Fully Evolved Pokemon and are on your way to finishing to challenges of the regions, defeating the main villains and challenging the Elite 4. This also includes the Champion Title.

Tiering
Early Game: Small Building level (Commands multiple trained first stage Pokemon)

Late Early Game: At least Multi-City Block level+ (By this point, can fight multiple second stage Pokemon and multiple weaker final stage Pokemon)

Mid-Game: At least Mountain level+, likely Large Mountain level (At this point has started gathering Fully Evolved Pokemon)

End Game: At least Island level (By this point has fought and defeated the Elite 4 and has become the Champion. All of which command some of the strongest well trained fully evolved Pokemon)

Speed
Early Game: Transonic

Late Early Game:
Massively Hypersonic+

Mid-Game:
At least Massively Hypersonic+, possibly Sub-Relativistic

End-Game:
Sub-Relativistic

Legendary Pokemon Scaling
A resident Pokemon Protag should be allowed to have all the Legendaries available in game. No mystery gifts, but in game. NO ONE ELSE SCALES TO THIS. Their legends should grant them another key for those specific legendaries only.

Other Trainers
We will scale these guys to the main trainer to all the parts they appear in, so at times other characters may have less keys.

Misty's Starmie and Gardenia's Roserade kinda messes with the early game (let alone Beedrill), but I can look past them as inconsistencies and accept it.

The real cal howard said:
Also, Early Game is 8-C, not 9-C.
Yeah, I was typing waaay too fast. ovo

However, I thought they were Wall level and combined, Small Building.

I think in the Rainbow Rocket Bosses Case, they should all be High 6-A aside from Cyrus as he is a very special case.

Why is Rainbow Rocket Giovanni High 6-A? Not disagreeing or anything but I haven't played the game yet.

To be honest I wasn't even aware US/UM was out until I saw you guy's thread on it.

Should be fine then.

Edit: I agree with most everything else with the exception of combining multiple 9-Bs to make a 9-A tier.

Darkanine said:
To be honest I wasn't even aware US/UM was out until I saw you guy's thread on it.
Should be fine then.
Well, it isn't. This part was in the Rainbow Rocket Trailer(s). All the bosses use the Legendaries from their respective games.

Ghetsis is the odd man out. Zekrom and Reshiram are only 6-A when it doesn't make sense for him to be so much weaker than the others. Matter of fact he is considered one of the more dangerous based on stuff I've seen.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Shouldn't the trainers be able to react to the Pokemon's movemen tho ? We've seen it a few times in the anime, and implied in the games .
The trainers don't even have a stat.

Beginning: At least 9-B. At least Transonic.

First Gym: 8-A+. Massively Hypersonic+ [Falkner Pidgeotto]

Second Gym: At least 7-A+. Sub-Relativistic [MistyStarmie]

Third Gym: At least 7-A+, likely higher. Sub-Relativistic.

Fourth Gym: At least 7-A+, likely High 7-A. Sub-Relativistic.

Fifth Gym: High 7-A. Sub-Relativistic.

Sixth Gym: At least High 7-A. Sub-Relativistic.

Seventh Gym: At least High 7-A, likely higher. Sub-Relativistic.

Eighth Gym and Elite 4: 6-C. At least Sub-Relativistic [Scaling to the Alakazam, which was ready to take on the league]

Champion and Onwards: At least 6-C. At Sub-Relativistic.

Red, BW2 Gym Leaders: High 6-C. At least Sub-Relativistic.

BW2 Champions and USM Red: At least High 6-C. At least Sub-Relativistic.

@Dark649 That too many keys for just progression. That added onto Legendary Keys would just clutter the page. We don't need a tier for every nook and cranny.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Dark649 That too many keys for just progression. That added onto Legendary Keys would just clutter the page. We don't need a tier for every nook and cranny.
There are profiles for characters that are fought in different point of the game like the Gym Leaders and Bosses for example.

Another Example is Rainbow Giovanni will be at least High 6-A with Mewtwo while Cyrus at least 2-C with Palkia/Dialga.

BW Ghetsis does not scale to Reshiram/Zekrom [Sans BW2 and US/UM because he has them], Zinnia does not scale to Mega Rayquaza and Cynthia does not scale to Leggendaries.

Exactly, and they will be revised. I separated it into separate points in game. For example, let's use Brock and Misty.

They would be At least Multi-City Block level+ (Or Small City level via calcs) their point in the game. They would scale off the main protag who by those points in the game would have second stage Pokemon. In Brock's Case he has an Onix who would scale to the 8-A or Low 7-B ratings.

Dark649 said:
Another Example is Rainbow Giovanni will be a at least High 6-A with Mewtwo while Cyrus at least 2-C with Palkia/Dialga.
BW Ghetsis does not scale to Reshiram/Zekrom [Sans BW2 and US/UM because he has them], Zinnia does not scale to Mega Rayquaza and Cynthia does not scale to Leggendaries.
That's what I said in the OP yes.

Back