• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon profiles. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but are you sure, I'm mean there are 26 non legandary,31 leganarys,and Ash. the resreach for the 26 would just go down the drain.

Tbh I thought that the old way of using stats was like this:

-Legendaries are exempt from this altogether

-Semi-Legendaries are their own special class

-Normal Pokémon can have their stats compared depending on their evolution level AKA Final stage with Final stage.

This made comparing the "average" of a certain of species of Pokémon easier, with individuals examples being of under/over trained mons. But eh, I guess they took it down for a reason.

Well it's how it was BEFORE, but they changed it to now, and now they just want to deletes them. So I don't think it's getting back anytime soon, but that's just what I think was the best tbh.

I was afraid it would come to this.

Agreeing with Azathoth and Aizen. Scaling is a pain. Any character profile which doesn't have a legitimate feat or calc should be removed altogether.

I agree with Azzy. I don't know why we scale with this anyway unless the Pokemon is explicitly stated to be the strongest it can be.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
  • Porygon (solely based on powerscaling)
I didn't even know that my favorite childhood pokemon had a profile.

But in that same episode, Porygon survived an explosion that blew up the building, and fought another Porygon as well. I think the scaling works if it's literally being scaled to itself. Porygon2 and Porygon-Z are different, though.

Still, though. Looks like it's RIP Pory.

If Porygon itself has a feat, then that's fine.

However, if 2 and Z don't have feats, we'll either have to delete the keys, or simply scale them to regular Porygon.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Buu ~Not as bad as Buu~
So guessing rip most profiles by now.
Only the ones I listed so far, except maybe Dragonite/Dragonair (Darkanine is looking for the feat) and Porygon, I guess.

Others seem to have feats or calcs, even if some are pretty unimpressive (Room level stage 3 fully evolved Sceptile ftw).

One odd thing though is that Scizor is 9-B for being stronger than Scyther, but Scyther is 9-A for destroying a house. That should be fixed.

Imo that should really be the case. Much like Legendaries Trio, they are kinda placed as equals in the games and sometimes Anime/Manga.

(Editing my comment as it wasn't very explanatory)

Imo opinion the starter should really be regarded as rare, powerful Pokemon but they have no relation to each other in power unless actually depicted as such. Not just because they're "starter Pokemon" like many of the Powerscaling suggests.

They aren't like Legendary Pokemon. They have no stated connection to each other.

The Legendary Trios are usually outright stated to be comparable to each other.

The starter Pokemon however, have no such in game statements or cutscenes, the gameplay cannot be used as evidence and I don't recall any particular moments in the manga or cutscenes that support this logia.

Even before I look at the actual calc 324 kJ of energy is pretty low. Like, Wall level low. It'd be a bit ridiculous to assume Blastoise has the equivalent power of low-tier Pokemon despite itself being consistently portrayed as far above most other things.

But the rest seems pretty okay. You could bring up an objection about the pressure being assumed to be 360 psi because Blastoise is supernatural but that's about it.

In unrelated news, Rocky should be upgraded to Wall level (possibly) based on the calc saying Ivan > Blastoise with the same method.

LordXcano said:
When did that happen?
In the Mega evolution special Mega-Charizard X toke Rayquaza's signature move and this same move was used to One Hit KO both Primal Kyogre and Groudon at the same time.

If you want the links they should be on anime charizard's respect thread

RadicalMrR said:
In the Mega evolution special Mega-Charizard X toke Rayquaza's signature move and this same move was used to One Hit KO both Primal Kyogre and Groudon at the same time.

If you want the links they should be on anime charizard's respect thread
That's scaling between non-legendary pokemon, which I said I was against. Charizard's town feat is from Charizard and nothing else.

Hmm...well that same charizard was slamed into a mountain even without accounting for the other pokemon's attack he still had the mountain to deal with so does that count?

>Moon level Charizard.

Guys, stop. According to our powerscaling Rules listed on the Pokemon page it's impossible to scale between the two considering Rayquaza is powerscaled to Groudon and Kyogres feats...from the games. And I am also against powerscaling non-legendary pokemon to legendary pokemon as the franchise have proven on several occasions to have no sense with this kind of thing whatsoever.

The Mountain would have to be destroyed completely to be regarded as impressive and even then its size would have to be accounted for.

TheMightyRegulator said:
>Moon level Charizard.
Guys, stop. According to our powerscaling Rules listed on the Pokemon page it's impossible to scale between the two considering Rayquaza is powerscaled to Groudon and Kyogres feats...from the games. And I am also against powerscaling non-legendary pokemon to legendary pokemon as the franchise have proven on several occasions to have no sense with this kind of thing whatsoever.

The Mountain would have to be destroyed completely to be regarded as impressive and even then its size would have to be accounted for.
Thank you for explaining

Magikarp should at least be Average Human Level, as Oralie's Magikarp was able to beat up Jessie and James alongside a Feebas.

So that's a trainer's Magikarp? Aren't trainer-owned pokemon stronger than wild ones as a standard? It's been talked about in the game itself, iirc in the gen 1 games. I don't remember about those after.

Gemmysaur said:
So that's a trainer's Magikarp? Aren't trainer-owned pokemon stronger than wild ones as a standard? It's been talked about in the game itself, iirc in the gen 1 games. I don't remember about those after.

I believe thats just talking about their EVs but I may be wrong. Logically, well trained Pokemon should naturally be stronger then wild ones anyway though.

Even if it's just EV's, it's acknowledged in-game that pokemon are stronger trained than in the wild.

Still, what we make of that, idk.

There's also the whole "jumps over mountains" thing which I'm pretty sure was calculated at one point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back