• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon profiles. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm neutral to the topic of this thread. But here is the calc being referred to @Xcano

I am fine with deleting the profiles in question, if it is impossible to scale them properly.

@Ryuk I'm currently trying to upload footage for a MGS calculation, could you give me a run-down of what he uses to get the result?

@Xcano basically he talks about the force of Magikarp falling from the height of a mountain and hitting one on the head.

So what is the consensus on this? Someone made another pokemon profile (Gliscor) power-scaling from a Scizor which is small building level or even wall level - but they put Gliscor at buliding level... Freaking Pokemon.

Well, like I mentioned earlier, if Aizen wants to delete the profiles (and insert a rule about not creating any more of them into the Pokemon verse page), he should feel free to do so.

Aza seems to disagree though. So the discussion is at a standstill

Aza would like it if we used composites across all media, but just not powerscale them to anything or anyone.

I personally would still rather just delete the non legendaries and add the rule about not creating them.

Composite over several media would still just look confusing and messy without also having powerscaling used. For example Base Mewtwo matching Deoxys in the adventures manga yet we can't powerscale them so the massive discrepencies between their current tiers would remain despite being composite profiles, So I don't like the idea.

Actually, Aizen, I never knew why we didn't power scale Mewtwo to Deoxys. While they have different feats, media doesn't say that Deoxys is stronger. Considering that it's a legendary, I assumed it should scale. I mean, if it was the creation trio, it would make sense to be disregarded, but I'm pretty sure that Pokemon wants us to believe that Mewtwo is the strongest psychic.

I don't think it works like that. Mewtwo was created to be the strongest pokemon in Gen 1, and he is stronger than the birds, that should be it

@Aizen Well, most people here seem to agree with you, as do I for that matter. If we go by the other method, it likely risks to turn far too incoherent, and it would be hard to make everybody understand and abide by these standards. I think that it is better to keep things clean and concise.

KuuIchigo said:
So what is the consensus on this? Someone made another pokemon profile (Gliscor) power-scaling from a Scizor which is small building level or even wall level - but they put Gliscor at buliding level... Freaking Pokemon.
Yeah that as me

Building level takes 0.25 tons of force, And Gliscor was able to push back a bastiodon at that same weight

This could mean Scizor is also building level, but I haven't scaled it all from Scizor

Actually though

Couldn't we make profiles for a certain trainers version of the Pokémon

Like Ash's

Heck can't we call these pokemon legends profiles the high end versions of the Pokémon in the species, Yeah, we can put a note on all the profiles just saying this is the complete high end of the Pokémon

Well they're still going to be using their pokemon so back to the same issue.

Unfortunately inconsistency makes it too hard to get accurate stats, thats why this thread was made

For Example, Pikachu could defeat a Dragonite in the orange islands, loses to starters in the next area.

Well, Earth Power was calc'd to be MCB+ to Small Town (I cant find the calc since it appears the Nidoking/Queen profiles got deleted), maybe that could work for Gliscor?

LordAizenSama said:
Well they're still going to be using their pokemon so back to the same issue.
Unfortunately inconsistency makes it too hard to get accurate stats, thats why this thread was made

For Example, Pikachu could defeat a Dragonite in the orange islands, loses to starters in the next area.
Lol ikr

But we should use high ends

As long as inconsistency doesn't overshadow

I've now added the rule about non legendaries and the profiles have been deleted.

So I think that's just about everything settled here. except the pictures and links needing removing on the Verse page.

LordAizenSama said:
So I think that's just about everything settled here. except the pictures and links needing removing on the Verse page.
I have removed them. If there is nothing else, this can be closed.

But what about very note worthy non legendaries, like Charizard, Pikachu and Pokemon with actual feats that were calced, like Machamp. Or Pokemon belonging to specific trainers (Like a profile dedicated to "Ash's Goodra" or something).

Deleting every profile seems a bit rash in my opinion.

I moved the new rule from the discussion rules page to the editing rules page, along with a mention in the Pokemon verse page.

The reasons are in the OP and in Ants post. theres no way people are going to follow or understand how to rate them.

Alright, so I think it's safe to just end this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back