• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Physiology Discussion Thread but every day life just gets worse and the voices are telling me to do it

So we're back at it again discussing my ******* Pokémon Physiology page yet once more because apparently I need to get it approved a million times or something and I hate myself because I just want this done so I can make more Pokémon profiles no one'll read

I was told to put this under Content Revision (despite it not being content anymore...) so it can get more attention, I hope that's ok

Statistics Amplification
Pretty sure that first scan is especially because of them being Male and Female Meowstic, especially when their Pokedex description says that they only unleash their full power when they're with their partner.

"Potential being multiplied" when talking about teamwork isn't a good proof of Stats Amplification either.

And being naturally stronger than the norm isn't Stats Amplification.

Social Influencing

First one is the same logic as people having a pet being easier to approach in real life. Yet cats aren't Social Influencers.

People getting excited by beautiful moves in a contest made for this very purpose isn't Social Influencing.

Accelerated Development

Pretty sure a promotional for some stuff isn't usable. Also becoming smarter and skilled by reading book is a normal thing.

Regeneration

Not sure about using a folk stories as an actual proof. If Pokemon could come back from this, Cubone wouldn't have his mother's skull but an actual mom.

Some links are broken to me, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as us having healing because we can take medecines and the likes.

Resistance to Fear/Disease

Your proof uses Meowth as part of it, but Meowth actually ******* died as a joke, as seen in the first gif on this site.
Also his Pokedex description says that his rag is meant to help him with both humans and pokemon

Also idk much about Pokétoons, but it just seems as an inconsistency rather than an actual resistance

Resistance to Poison
Pretty sure that "not being affected outside of battle" is a game mechanic, since others materials have shown that they are obviously still poisoned.

Resistance to Transmutation

Pretty sure that's just the game treating it as a game over rather than an actual resistance. At very best it wouldn't be combat applicable.

Resistance to Information Analysis

In the main games the analysis worked just fine. There's also tons of analysis stuff which have been shown to work on them.
Thorton's machine not being perfect would be the most logic conclusion.

Resistance to Sealing

Snorlax scan is more that dude would just swat the Pokeball away, just like how Pikachu or Palkia did.

Resistance to lifeforce drain (Absorption + empathic)

That's a no. Your scan is litteraly that it did get absorbed. Regenerating it isn't a resistance.

Everything else looks fine to me.

Yeah i agree with yuri, also i still think any meowth feats should not be used for other pokemons unless they have others too or the feat is said to be done due to being a pokemon.

He is a big gag character for a reason, nowhere near the normal.

Back