• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: Other big stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another big CRT for the verse because why not.

Megas and Gigantamax are FTL

In short, the Quick Powder doubles the speed of the holder, and from lore is pretty logical that the boost of Megas/Gigantamax is superior. So any Stage 2 Pokémon in Mega/Gigantamax and whoever scales from them (aka tier 6 to 5 legendaries because upscaling and trainers' reactions due of them scaling from their strongest non-legendary Pokémon speed) shall be FTL because of them being >x2 0.55c, aka >1.1c. Why? For the same reason Mega Evolution currently gives an higher boost than Thick Bone's x2.

High 6-A upgrade

Basically Groudon gets upgraded from 35.6 to 197.65 Petatons and its LS gets an higher level in Class Z.

I've prepared scans for the Regis (1 and 2), which should pretty much be 1/3 each of Groudon's total power, aka 65.88 Petatons each.

Generation 8 feats

Gen 8 showed us some feats which make the Gen 8 actually indexable on this wiki.

Urshifu was able to OHKO Regice, making it High 6-A.

And Base Eternatus is heavily implied being the strongest Galarian Pokémon. And this can't be an hyperbole like Mewtwo's statements of being the strongest Pokémon ever since no one but the Sword/Shield Doggos could stop the Darkest Day. The Doggos should downscale only when wearing the armor obviously, since they never seriously fight without it, and in "base" they would be just Low 6-B+, due of lacking fighting feats when not wearing the armor.

(So yeah, beating Eternamax is PIS).

If the Gen 8 legendary profiles get allowed, I'll prepare sandboxes for the profiles.

Void Manipulation for Creation Trio

In short, since Dialga and Palkia's fight was pretty much converting Alamos Town to nothingness, since the dimension itself was basically a black void as you can see in the background and they were about to destroy it, it should be Void Manipulation, since they can convert stuff to nothingness and even destroy said nothingness.

TLDR
  • Megas/Gigantamax and whoever scales from them become FTL(>1.1c)
  • High 6-A and Class Z levels gets upgraded
  • Gen 8 Main legendaries become High 6-A due of them upscaling from Urshifu, who was able to OHKO Regice.
  • Existence Erasure for Tier 2s becomes Void Manipulation

Last edited:
Sorry but no, Quick Powder only works on Ditto, which isn't really an high tier species (it doesn't have a proper tier regarding its base to begin with so far, so that would have to be done first to see if there's grounds for scaling to something in particular first), an argument could be made if it worked after it transformed, but it doesn't, and a better argument could be made with Choice Scarf instead.

The rest looks fine.

Sorry but no, Quick Powder only works on Ditto, which isn't really an high tier, an argument could be made if it worked after it transformed, but it doesn't, a better argument could be made with Choice Scarf instead.
You don't get the point. Mega Evolution gives an higher boost than items such as Thick Bone or Quick Powder due of its nature in-lore, as it gives a whole new evolution stage. Choice Scarf would make them still 0.83c, which definitely isn't helping.

Anyways, I edited my post, we don't know the tier of Ditto to say if it's comparable to mid-stage species in the first place, so Ditto would have to get a tier first that isn't "Unknown" for its "base" form for this to be usable like that.

I know what you're getting at, but this doesn't really disprove what I'm saying. It's only about the boost it gives rather than scaling, unless you believe a random item gives a better boost than Mega Evolution.

Iffy with Quick Powder boost scaling (Using Ditto)

Everything else looks fine.

Last edited:
Neutral on Quick Powder, although imo it would fall under game mechanic, and some Mega Evolution litteraly make a mon slower, so I wouldn't bet on it.

The rest is fine.

Put me down as same as everyone else, neutral or disagree with the speed, fine with everything else. (So now let's see if we get the actual profile in a presentable profile anytime soon)

neutral on speed
agree with everything else
also shouldn't Eternamax or base get something like Corruption/Madness manip since Galar particles corrupt Zacian/Zamezenta in the post game
also overexposure to galar particles causes your pokemon to "lose control" in the max lair

Last edited:
also shouldn't Eternamax or base get something like Corruption/Madness manip since Galar particles corrupt Zacian/Zamezenta in the post game
also overexposure to galar particles causes your pokemon to "lose control" in the max lair
Base did with the Particles stuff, and yeah, it should

Shouldn't the doggos have mind manipulation/illusion creation and sleep manipulation?
I say this because of the first scene in which they appear.

This is probably better.
Same as before minus Resistance to Fighting Type moves, Damage Boost (Behemoth Blade doubles the damage against any Dynamax and Gigantamax Pokémon), Power Nullification (It was able to counter Eternatus' aura that prevented Pokémon from using their Moves), Resistance to Power Nullification (It was able to able to act despite Eternatus' aura preventing Pokémon from using their Moves), Flying, Rock, Grass, Ice, Fairy, and Psychic (includes Mind Manipulation, Telepathy, Energy Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation and Telekinesis) Type Moves and Immunity (within reason) to Poison Type Moves

Though I'd honestly prefer Pokémon Profiles were like

Damage Reduction (Takes half the damage from Flying, Rock, Grass, Ice, Fairy, and Psychic (includes Mind Manipulation, Telepathy, Energy Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation and Telekinesis) Type Moves and a quarter of the damage from Bug Type Moves), Resistance to Poison Type Moves

Shouldn't the doggos have mind manipulation/illusion creation and sleep manipulation?
I say this because of the first scene in which they appear.
yes they should

also beating eternamax wouldn't be PIS since there signature moves do double damage to Dynamax Pokemon

also beating eternamax wouldn't be PIS since there signature moves do double damage to Dynamax Pokemon
Them beating Eternatus in the Crowned Form toghether was pretty much treated as a big deal, them beating Eternamax as well is pretty much dumb due of the immense boost of the latter.

Them beating Eternatus in the Crowned Form toghether was pretty much treated as a big deal, them beating Eternamax as well is pretty much dumb due of the immense boost of the latter.
yeah but there signature moves actually would do more damage to Eternamax then Base because they do double to Dynamax which Base Eternatus isn't but Eternamax is

I've added the missing abilitied and re-worded better the AP. I discovered just now that Urshifu has a page, but it seems a bit disorganized, so I'll make an imporved version in the sandbox.

Shouldn't Zacian and her brother have a degree of weapon mastery too?, I mean they both wield traditional medieval weapons with great skill also the ocean splitting lore should be used as additional supporting jurisdiction for their tiering imo.

Shouldn't Zacian and her brother have a degree of weapon mastery too?, I mean they both wield traditional medieval weapons with great skill also the ocean splitting lore should be used as additional supporting jurisdiction for their tiering imo.
Ok for the Weapon, but what 'bout the ocean splitting stuff? I don't recall it.

They should be at least comparable if not vastly superior to Gallade whose considered an expert swordsman via virtue of being legendaries and having way more battle experience (or something on those lines).

Also it might be worth getting that ocean split calced just to get a solid supporting feat (iirc it was calced but it wasn't properly evaluated).

That's not necessary tbh, splitting oceans is like Tier 7 at best.
Hence why I said a "supporting" feat it doesn't have to be tier 6 also I think you replied to the wrong comment (since I was talking about weapon mastery in the comment you replied to).

Also the darkest day itself is only high 6-C/low 6-B iirc but can still be used as support.

Also the darkest day itself is only high 6-C/low 6-B iirc but can still be used as support.
Is there a calc?
But they only ever fought Eternatus in Eternamax so why shouldn’t they scale?
"only ever fought in eternamax"

Darkest Day lore exist

"why wouldn't they scale?"

Because Eternatus even in base is counted as the strongest Galarian Pokémon and Dogs beating it is counted as a big deal in lore, them + player beating it is PIS because it contradicts the lore which was built on it.

Which is contradicted by what actually happens, considering people in gAlar evidently didn’t even know the dogs existed is not likely Leon knew how sting they were

In both the Anime and Games it was Entermax Eternatus they fought, saying they don't scale to it when both sources have them fighting and defeating it being a major point of the plot is completely illogical.

I completely disagree with this idea that them scaling is PIS, as the only thing we know about the original Darkest Days is that that they fought and defeated Eternatus, not at all about how difficult the fight was to them, so they could have defeated Eterntus' base form easily if they fought it.

This whole Eternatus is the strongest Pokémon in Galar is with the knowledge that nobody actually knew about the Legendary Duo and thought it was humans who defeated Eternatus in the original Darkest Day. So when him comparing Eternatus strength against normal Pokémon as the strongest trainer is an okay source, his opinions when talking about the Legends isn't valid.

This whole Eternatus is the strongest Pokémon in Galar is with the knowledge that nobody actually knew about the Legendary Duo and thought it was humans who defeated Eternatus in the original Darkest Day. So when him comparing Eternatus strength against normal Pokémon as the strongest trainer is an okay source, his opinions when talking about the Legends isn't valid.
Ok, fine, guess I'll make just Eternamax the High 6-A one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back