• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are tons of feats of where the Trainers can dodge attacks from Relativistic+ Pokémon so consistentely that it can't be called an outlier, like:
  1. Red dodging Thu-Fi-Zer
  2. Red avoids Golem
  3. Red reacts to Hitmonchan
  4. Red avoids Dragonite's attacks
  5. Green reacts to Xatu
  6. Blue and Silver dodge Entei's attacks
  7. Yellow dodging Marowak's attacks
  8. Giovanni and Yellow reacting to Dragonite
  9. Looker dodging Genesect's blast alongside with Blake
  10. Ash dodging Pikachu's attacks
  11. Ash dodging Arbok's attacks
  12. Ash dodges Garchomp's attacks
  13. Cynthia avoiding Gyarados
There are way more but I don't bother searching, but these should be enough to provide to the Trainers Relativistic+ reactions, given that also they can constantly follow Pokémon battles and give order to their Pokémon before they got hit

Pokemon has like 700 episodes. You have 13 feats in that amount of episodes? I guarantee that the opposite end of the spectrum is far more consistent.
Agreed. Many of the feats in the pkmn anime are far lesser than the games, and ash has been caught by several attacks, one that comes to mind being charizard‘s flame thrower. Plus, team rocket were capable of of catching Several speedy Pokémon using weapons that shouldn’t exceed Mach speeds.

Agreed. Many of the feats in the pkmn anime are far lesser than the games, and ash has been caught by several attacks, one that comes to mind being charizard‘s flame thrower. Plus, team rocket were capable of of catching Several speedy Pokémon using weapons that shouldn’t exceed Mach speeds.
These aren't arguments. 13 feats and nothing to go against them other then "well we haven't seen it alot" and "ash didn't dodge some attacks so he isn't as fast".

I'm super iffy about Pokemon trainers being a bunch of stonewalls with ultra fast reactions, but I know some trainers are much stronger than expected even physically. I know of only one trainer who fought hand to hand with his own Fighting type Pokemon.

I'm super iffy about Pokemon trainers being a bunch of stonewalls with ultra fast reactions, but I know some trainers are much stronger than expected even physically. I know of only one trainer who fought hand to hand with his own Fighting type Pokemon.
You're missing the context of the verse, otherwise explain the last part of the OP.

Plus with Bea they were clearly holding back in strength.

Last edited:
Bea?
These aren't arguments. 13 feats and nothing to go against them other then "well we haven't seen it alot" and "ash didn't dodge some attacks so he isn't as fast".
You came up with 13 feats in 1000+ episodes. Every other episod, team rocket gets hit by some basic attack that they can’t avoid

This feels like the "66 Low 2-C feats" brought up for Superman a while back. Like, number of feats aside, is it even consistent in the setting? My Pokemon knowldedge is pretty barebones though so I may be wrong here.

You came up with 13 feats in 1000+ episodes. Every other episod, team rocket gets hit by some basic attack that they can’t avoid
This proves how you didn't check them because most of them are from the manga 😭.

Plus, explain me how they don't have Rel+ reactions if they can give orders to the Pokémon before they got hit from opponent's attacks or constantly follow the fights with precision.

Really? Cause that first one shows them reacting before the attack, and the second one just showe them getting hit with just a lot of stuff. When we getting 8-A trainers for throwing pokeballs fast enough to catch other trainers?
the second one shows them reacting to primape before it attacked. That is probably a **** on my end honestly. My b for cutting it short

But I also agree with the main overarching fact in the anime. That they can order pokemon to do an action after the opponent has done an attack in response. Which since most fully evolved pokemon have the speed listed above it would mean that pokemon trainers need that speed in order to react.

I am mostly neutral about this, but 13 feats seems like quite a lot to go by.

By this logic, every Pokèmon should scale to Relativistic+. After all, there's plenty of showings of slower Pokèmon tagging humans, or fighting with evolved ones. Probably more showings than these.

By this logic, every Pokèmon should scale to Relativistic+. After all, there's plenty of showings of slower Pokèmon tagging humans, or fighting with evolved ones. Probably more showings than these.
There are but the verse system makes that only stage 3 mons and tier 6 ones are that fast, and Trainers are at very least on these levels, due to how Manga fights (and some of the anime) are.

There are but the verse system makes that only stage 3 mons and tier 6 ones are that fast, and Trainers are at very least on these levels, due to how Manga fights (and some of the anime) are.
But Trainers are consistently treated as below the great majority of Pokèmon too.

But Trainers are consistently treated as below the great majority of Pokèmon too.
Explain how they can always give orders to their Pokémon before they get hit from others or following fights between them like here, here, here or here.

You all complain but didn't give a single anti feat against these.

Last edited:
Explain how they can always give orders to their Pokéomn before they get hit from others or following fights between them like here, here, here or here.
That's not what I'm saying. Explain why non-evolved Pokèmon can often be a threat to people, despite the speed gap. Of course if we use normal scaling logic trainers should scale to their Pokèmon speed, just the fact that they can command them in a fight is enough. However, Pokèmon scaling has to be done very carefully to prevent inflating everyone's statistics.

Explain how trainers can be Relativistic+ without weaker Pokèmon scaling to them.

That's not what I'm saying. Explain why non-evolved Pokèmon can often be a threat to people, despite the speed gap. Of course if we use normal scaling logic trainers should scale to their Pokèmon speed, just the fact that they can command them in a fight is enough. However, Pokèmon scaling has to be done very carefully to prevent inflating everyone's statistics.

Explain how trainers can be Relativistic+ without weaker Pokèmon scaling to them.
Reactions =/= All the speed.

Ofc if they got an huge ranged attack close to them they would be hit, I was talking about the dodging things as rays trown to them and dodged with small movements, because that's what a Reaction is, a simple and quick movement.

Agree with this, the feat comes from Pokémon GO where every Pokémon can dodge solar beam. Granted I'm also somewhat opposed to using GO since they all dodge equally as fast, even MFTL legendaries.

There's also Ash's Turtwig being faster than his Grotle and Paul's Torterra and they kinda made a huge deal about this in the anime.

Agree with this, the feat comes from Pokémon GO where every Pokémon can dodge solar beam. Granted I'm also somewhat opposed to using GO since they all dodge equally as fast, even MFTL legendaries.

There's also Ash's Turtwig being faster than his Grotle and Paul's Torterra and they kinda made a huge deal about this in the anime.
There's also Poliwrath's feat who moved at 0.27c, so it's more a supportive feat for the 0.55c one.

Am aware, I'm not saying it's an outlier, just that it might be unusable due to game mechanics. I'm more wondering why we don't have better showings of pkmn dodging solar beam. Regardless, fully evolved pkmn, first stage pkmn, basic pkmn and trainers should all scale to each other in (at least reaction) speed. Aside from probably certain exceptions such as inexperienced trainers and maybe baby pkmn.

Am aware, I'm not saying it's an outlier, just that it might be unusable due to game mechanics. I'm more wondering why we don't have better showings of pkmn dodging solar beam. Regardless, fully evolved pkmn, first stage pkmn, basic pkmn and trainers should all scale to each other in (at least reaction) speed. Aside from probably certain exceptions such as inexperienced trainers and maybe baby pkmn.
I'm neutral on lower stage mons scaling in reactions tho, maybe a "with likely Relativistic+ Reactions" for them should cover that doubt.

Well Turtwig also uses travel speed to dodge Torterra's attacks so I'd apply the likely relativistic+ to all of their speed stats, or else no lower stage mons would be able to land a hit on each other.

Well Turtwig also uses travel speed to dodge Torterra's attacks so I'd apply the likely relativistic+ to all of their speed stats, or else no lower stage mons would be able to land a hit on each other.
Part 2 JJBA guys are literally Hypersonic with MFTL reactions for scaling from each other tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back