• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Legendary Beasts upgrades

I'll keep things simple. In Pokken Tournament, you have lots of Pokemon to play as, and 2 of them happen to be Mewtwo and Suicune. They're both Legendary Pokemon, so I don't think it would be much of an outlier to scale to each other, and they fight perfectly evenly. There's also Darkrai, but that would probably be a bit too much of an outlier, and there's also Shadow Mewtwo, but that's viewed as a more powerful version of Mewtwo, and I just don't think it would really work for scaling, but if you think that's fair, then you can think that.

TL;DR, Via Pokken Tournament scaling, I think Suicune should be 5-B due to fighting evenly with Mewtwo.

I don't think they should scale, also since Suicune powerscales to the birds and all the other legendaries.

I don't approve this, because you not only have Legendary, but you aslo have second stage pokemons that are not pseudos. The entire Pokken Tournament should problaby be not considered cannon, at least for scaling

IDK, but the two legendary in question are in totally different Tiers and Scale to different feats/Characters, so i think that this is a no in my book but i am no knowledgeable member, so my opinion is non existent

@Drite

As I said, they scale to different characters, but in Pokken, they fight perfectly evenly.

I mean, alot of characters there fight evenly with one or another, even Braixen can fight against Third Stage Pokemons

Drite77 said:
I mean, alot of characters there fight evenly with one or another, even Braixen can fight against Third Stage Pokemons
But 1 instance of 7-A and Low 7-B Pokemon fighting with a 5-B would normally classify as an outlier, right?

<divclass="quote">Drite77 wrote:
Yep, like a 6-B facing a 5-B</div> The difference here, is that while those are just regular Pokemon, Suicune has the same classification (Legendary,) and it would come as no surprise if it was Planet Level.

I mean, just because he is a legendary, it doesn't mean that he is comparable to Mewtwo. or other 5-B mons

Sorry mate, but i am not buying the upgrade, since the only things that support that is that Suicune is a Legendary and you can put him to battle Mewtwo in a Fighting Game, wich is not a good argument to upgrade someone

Yeah I don't think we should use a fighting game as proof that one character scales to another.

I mean, we can, but only if we have cutscenes or it was at least implied that the two fought evenly, but this is not the case

I think that this is somewhat true, but you are not remembering alot of things that make this upgrade impossible.

While, yes, the fighting games scale to normally 2-3 feats/tiers and that's it, there is a reason, and that the story normally depick them as equal, or it is implied that the fighters there fighted in equal ground to most of the cast. Another thing is that, everyone scale to everyone based on the premise that they aer equal and the story acknowledge that they are equal, that is why they are upgraded together. But there is still some things that don't funtion well, like the fact that Ryu can be putted ot fight against Chun-Li, and he don't ko her in a single hit, despite the tiers diferences

Another thing to take in consideration is that none of them have prior tiers, like pokemon, who not scale to a fighting game, but to alot of other things, making this not really valid to use

To be fair, in the opening cutscene, plenty of Pokemon were fighting evenly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePB_m_zgn7Y

And although yes, they did have prior tiers, this can happen with any characters, as they normally don't get their best feats within the first episode/game/chapter.

And yes, this is a fighting game, I think it has just as much reliability as the TCG, anime, manga, and games. If we're assuming the manga and the anime are the same universe, then we can use Pokken as a perfectly reliable source.

Also, the entire game is literally, just fighting other trainers, who will get a randomized Pokemon.

By that intro, we will need to upgrade all megas to 5-B and Braixen to 7-A, and normal mons to 6-B. See, if we take Pokken scale, Third Stages, Second Stages, Legendary Pokemons and even Megas will get upgraded. Also, the intro never really shows Suicune giving Mewtwo a hard time, only a clash between Lucario and Mewtwo

Back