• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Question,

I thought the wiki decided to decomposite Pokémon, as in, make game characters only scale to game feats, anime only scale to anime feats, etc. It looks like most if not all profiles are still composite, so did those changes ever go through?

It's also on the official website.
Although, mild SPOILERS FOR POKEMON: HORIZONS THE NEW ANIME caution given the details on there that aren't included in the Twitter post.

I feel like they just made this page in response to the anime's airing. All the details are stuff the episode reveals, & there are no other details so far.
Like, no height, weight, type, ability, nor classification, are listed!

Heck, the English version, at least, uses "Apparently,", so it sounds really uncertain/vague. Maybe the original Japanese language version is more definitive??

I guess at least we got new art?

Call me crazy, but it looks like it has a heavy motif of 4; There are 4-pointed stars, & diamonds (When drawn 2 dimensionally, a diamond has 4 sides.)
Its shell also features rectangle/trapezoid shapes, which also have 4 sides.

If this is like Gen 7 ("Legendary" that evolves introduced in the add-ons, ala Poipole & Naganadel. & also a 3-Stage "Legendary" Evolution line in the base games.), then this is probably a pre-evo rather than a form.

Combined with Terapagos's prominent pentagos, this makes me a little more confident Terapagos is the middle of a 3-Stage line.

Last edited:
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sv_dlc/ja/pokemon/#anchor_230417

I'm not sure if that's the correct equivalent, but....

新たに発見された謎のポケモンを紹介!​

『ポケットモンスター スカーレット・バイオレット ゼロの秘宝』に登場するポケモンが新たに発見されました。
このポケモンは、体が小さく、力も強くありませんが、いざという時に体内のエネルギーを結晶化させて作ったシールドで身を守る能力があるようです。また生命の危機を感じると、頭や手足、尻尾が胴体にひっこみ宝石のような見た目になって、休眠状態に入ることがあるようです。きらびやかなオーラはどこか伝説のポケモン「テラパゴス」を連想させるところがありますが、その詳しい生態や名前は、謎に包まれています。

Question,

I thought the wiki decided to decomposite Pokémon, as in, make game characters only scale to game feats, anime only scale to anime feats, etc. It looks like most if not all profiles are still composite, so did those changes ever go through?
It's been done. It's just a slow process applying it since we're working on a standard procedure for it

Gotcha. I ask because Mewtwo is still using both game and anime feats.

So are Pokémon going to have (theoretically) separate profiles for their game, anime, and manga selves?

Working on the hardest profile I've ever made, any advice?

I want it to be really detailed. Red and Elio have profiles, but fail to take into account that they can canonically catch any Pokémon available to them in-game. I'm hoping to fix that with Ethan's profile, even if it means a lot of work.

Idk if I should give the Arceus event its own key or even include it at all. It has its own series of cutscenes and could be considered a DLC expansion, but I wanna hear some advice.

This is a link to a Twitter post.

Apparently, download cards for the DLC will go on April 24th. An optimistic view says this means we'll get news on that date, or some kind of announcement.
Idk if I should give the Arceus event its own key or even include it at all. It has its own series of cutscenes and could be considered a DLC expansion, but I wanna hear some advice.
I don't recall if we consider the unreleased Arceus Event canon or not. I am pretty sure we reference the lore connected to it, though. I think.

The Patch Notes for Version 1.3 of Pokemon: Scarlet & Violet are out.

....At least in Japanese, anyway.
Unfortunately, they aren't yet available in English.

I forget, what's our stance for that 1 Unown that put everyone into Larvitar's mind or such?
IIRC, we have this annoying habit of wanting to keep Unown at Unknown both because thematics & also because Arceus used them -as a group-, so each has an amount of 4D Power, but since their gimmick is that their power increases with more of them, we don't know how much power an individual has, as they lack feats as individuals.
(Plus, that whole "uncertain amount of 4D power per individual", but I still want to like, ascribe power to them as individuals, or even as small groups?)

Anyway, in the tweet's video:
5 Unown. You can see them at 20 seconds in.
Curiously, they spell out "NIGHT", if you read in this order: Upper left, middle, upper right, bottom right, bottom left.
(Or "THING" with a different reading order.)

Curiously, the Unown seem to teleport/disappear away when defeated -One shot by Cynthia's Garchomp- despite that their illusion's scale shots could seemingly match it.
But if I'm understanding what the dialogue implies about the rest of the episode, the Unown made "illusions" that were doing the same things as the Pokemon they fought, but they didn't copy Cynthia's Garchomp's action to fly up when it was concealed in the sandstorm.
Meaning the Unown were probably directing the illusions themselves, based on the Unown's own perception, seeing as the illusion Garchomp didn't fly up to mirror Cynthia's Garchomp's action of flying up.

Ergo, Unown are capable of perceiving & reacting to the moves of Pokemon like Cynthia's Garchomp, at least with commanding their "illusions"; They seemingly only didn't do so when they couldn't see what the Pokemon to copy was doing.

So the illusions scale to Garchomp but the actual Unown don't, huh? That doesn't give us anything, only that they can make illusions of up to 2-B level strength But since there are 5 Unowns and their gimmick is that their power increases with the more of them, that can't be used for scaling, right? Unless we make a key for 5 Unowns but that's dumb. At least their reaction speed scales to Garchomp

I don't remember any stance on that 1 Unown that put everyone into Larvitar's mind but since that's the only feat that an individual Unown has we might need to reach an agreement on that.

So the illusions scale to Garchomp but the actual Unown don't, huh?
The Unown created the "illusions", but yeah.
If multiple were involved, then we run into the problem of 1 of Unown's few known abilities: That they're more powerful when there's multiple Unown, but we don't know HOW MUCH more powerful how many Unown are compared to a different quantity.

How much stronger than 1 Unown is a group of 5 Unown?
Good question. I wish I had an answer.
That doesn't give us anything, only that they can make illusions of up to 2-B level strength
2-B? Scaling Cynthia's Garchomp to Creation Trio? (Also, "they" for how many Unown? 1? 5? More?)
But since there are 5 Unowns and their gimmick is that their power increases with the more of them, that can't be used for scaling, right? Unless we make a key for 5 Unowns but that's dumb.
Yeah, unless we have a way to determine the multiplier for a group of that size, but AFAIK part of the problem is we dunno if it's like, linear or exponential or additive or what.
Ex: For a base power of 100 for 1 Unown & a group of 5 Unown, is it:
A. 100+100+100+100+100=500?
B. 100 + 50 per Unown beyond the first? 200 beyond the first? An amount that changes as the quantity does? (Such as add 100, then add twice as much as previously added for every additional Unown.)
C. Exponential, such as 100^5, which equals 10,000,000,000? (10 billion! Much different from 500!)
At least their reaction speed scales to Garchomp
Agreed.
I don't remember any stance on that 1 Unown that put everyone into Larvitar's mind but since that's the only feat that an individual Unown has we might need to reach an agreement on that.
I'd like that, too. Anyone familiar with the episode or such?
"""illusions"""
That is what the characters in the Pokemon anime called them, at least in the English dub. I also find it silly. Perhaps it's a quirk of the dub, or there's an explanation in the episode as to why they'd somehow match capabilities yet only be "illusions".
It may be worth while to look into the episode more, &/or check what they're called in the original Japanese episode's dialogue?

Last edited:
Hey guys, just wanted to ask, what's the best wiki for Pokemon? The fandom one, Bulbapedia or another one that i'm not aware of?

download.png

My favorites.

Back