• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Even the profiles being of species following the wiki no profile on the wiki not even of species failed to gain something situational as long as any of the species can go through the same, pokemon should not have a "possible" for HMs/TMs movements?
Pardon me, I'm having a bit of trouble parsing the first part of what you said.

Though, I am interested in what others think about the idea of "Possibly" for HM/TM moves on profiles.

Pardon me, I'm having a bit of trouble parsing the first part of what you said.

Though, I am interested in what others think about the idea of "Possibly" for HM/TM moves on profiles.
it's just that no verse fails to give abilities to a species because it is something situational(Ex: TMs/HMs)[As far as I understand this is the reason for not having TMs/HMs in the profiles] if that something "situational" is something that any member of this species can get; yes it can be indexed in the profiles and with Pokémon should not be different.

it's just that no verse fails to give abilities to a species because it is something situational(Ex: TMs/HMs)[As far as I understand this is the reason for not having TMs/HMs in the profiles] if that something "situational" is something that any member of this species can get; yes it can be indexed in the profiles and with Pokémon should not be different.
sorry but does anyone know if there is anyone who is aware of the reasons why we don't index TMs/HMs and if so is he active on the wiki to see the message above?

Why is Slowpoke only Multi-City Block level in AP?
I think this is a valid question.

Attack Potency: Multi-City Block level+ via power-scaling
Striking Strength: At most Small City level
Durability:
At most Small City level

???

sorry but does anyone know if there is anyone who is aware of the reasons why we don't index TMs/HMs and if so is he active on the wiki to see the message above?
I joined wiki just last year and that was how it was. Didn't bother to ask.

But you can take it to QnA

There are some things that are easier to work on when built from the ground up, rather than fixing. Pokémon is one of them

The main idea is that the Pokemon profiles are species, so they can only index stuff available to wild Pokemon. The games never state they can't learn TMs, though they say that Pokemon can't use manmade items which would include TMs, and some early TCG art shows that TMs moves are linked to poke ball technology. Wild Pokemon are also not shown using TM moves in the anime or manga, with maybe a couple of rare exceptions over 25+ years, and certainly aren't in the games (bar Mystery Dungeon).

Link to the post on Twitter.

This news is kind of old (From April 3rd), but apparently, Nintendo, Creatures & GameFreak have registered 2 new trademarks in Japan:

ワイルドフォース (Wild Force)
サイバージャッジ (Cyber Judge)

Would all these companies do a patent if it's just a TCG/OCG set? Do these sound like TCG names?

On the other hand, these don't seem to read like Paradox Pokemon names, & if these are Paradox Pokemon names, it's a start break from trend to not see any "Iron" in one of them, which'd be "Tetsuno" in Japanese. IIRC, written like this: テツノ

As an example, Iron Leaves was:
テツノイサハ
Tetsunoisaha.

So if these are Paradox Pokemon names, yet a Paradox Form of something like Virizon didn't get to have a name without "Iron", then what could this be to warrant the name structure change?

Or did they finally realize how much fans hated Future Paradox Pokemon always having "Iron" in their names?

Due to the new profile standards, couldn't spin-offs like Quest or Dash get their own profiles using their own scaling? For some reason, I really like making profiles for "alternate canons", and wanna do some for Pokémon. Kinda like how Detective Pikachu has its own canon and thus doesn't using game/anime/Manga scaling

Due to the new profile standards, couldn't spin-offs like Quest or Dash get their own profiles using their own scaling? For some reason, I really like making profiles for "alternate canons", and wanna do some for Pokémon. Kinda like how Detective Pikachu has its own canon and thus doesn't using game/anime/Manga scaling
Which new standards?

I’ve been thinking, shouldn’t tyrantrums scale above Mega aero? tyrantrums pokedex entries stated it was invincible back then/nobody could stop it/king of the ancient world. Mega aeros are stated to be the original way aerodactyls were, with a normal aero simply being incompletely restored.

I’ve been thinking, shouldn’t tyrantrums scale above Mega aero? tyrantrums pokedex entries stated it was invincible back then/nobody could stop it/king of the ancient world. Mega aeros are stated to be the original way aerodactyls were, with a normal aero simply being incompletely restored.
I'll wait for more people to weigh in on this. As is, we scale Megas higher than fully evolved Pokemon, & this would be considered an outlier/inconsistency in the evolutionary stage stat scaling system.

They might not have lived in the same time period so probably not?

ive checked the pokedex entries, Aerodactyl coexisted with cranidos, which lived 100 million years ago, same as every other fossil except for the Sw/Sh ones

ive checked the pokedex entries, Aerodactyl coexisted with cranidos, which lived 100 million years ago, same as every other fossil except for the Sw/Sh ones
Kabuto:

Ruby/SapphireKabuto is a Pokémon that has been regenerated from a fossil. However, in extremely rare cases, living examples have been discovered. The Pokémon has not changed at all for 300 million years.
XIt is thought to have inhabited beaches 300 million years ago. It is protected by a stiff shell.

300 million years ago: An ancient version of Genesect was born. Kabuto and Kabutops lived in the sea.

Kabuto:

Ruby/SapphireKabuto is a Pokémon that has been regenerated from a fossil. However, in extremely rare cases, living examples have been discovered. The Pokémon has not changed at all for 300 million years.
XIt is thought to have inhabited beaches 300 million years ago. It is protected by a stiff shell.

300 million years ago: An ancient version of Genesect was born. Kabuto and Kabutops lived in the sea.
It’s still alive today, so it coexisted with the others

I've never seen journey so I can't speak in comparison but I found both episodes ok what I really liked was that Liko's personality gives room for a lot of development and other than that it was just cool nothing else.

Back