• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Pryce’s Swinub is just built different tbh he’s shown to be rivaling Ursaring and Dragonite from Giovanni and Lance

Creation trio gets downgraded.

Spatial hax and Time hax is not 2A.

Praying, I presume to Arceus for the multiverse to exist will not scale to other statistics

That reminds me that Pryce in the manga is busted. The guy literally no sold dialga’s roar of time and said that time has no effect in him anymore

Creation trio gets downgraded.

Spatial hax and Time hax is not 2A.

Praying, I presume to Arceus for the multiverse to exist will not scale to other statistics
Cool
Universe destroying deities gets downgraded to continent level

Destroying the universe by warping space(Palkia) and time(Dialga) individually is environmental destruction, and doesn't scale to other statistics
Tbf, pokémon in the game does showcase a form of UES, being the infinite energy from ORAS. So even if you want to stretch the avatar and planetary bs, they might still scale to their "environmental" feats anyway.

What kills me is that in Darkrais profile it says that it clashed with Mewtwo but Mewtwo doesn't fully scale to it

We'll decide that in the thread after I gather all their feats and find a consistent end
You're suddenly gonna downgrade the CT all because they was beaten up by Regigigas instead of scaling Regigigas and Heatran to them?

Why don't we downgrade Ultra Necrozma because it was getting beaten up by Zygarde

What kills me is that in Darkrais profile it says that it clashed with Mewtwo but Mewtwo doesn't fully scale to it
Pokémon profiles have been an absolute mess for years. Why do you think the split was necessary in the first place? Shit got insanely inconsistent standards and trying to wave any and all inconsistency as "pis" or outlier or plain arbitrary reasons.

Pokémon profiles have been an absolute mess for years. Why do you think the split was necessary in the first place? Shit got insanely inconsistent standards and trying to wave any and all inconsistency as "pis" or outlier or plain arbitrary reasons.
I still don't fully understand outliers especially in Pokémon

I still don't fully understand outliers especially in Pokémon
An outlier is an statistical anomaly. For example, wild mon pokedex feats are shown to be consistently tier 7 for first and second stage evolutions. Then you have Gardevoir that has a tier 4 feat. That feat is so astronomically high, that statistically don't follow the pattern. So it's an outlier.

Edit: Curiously, for Pokken Tournament, where the feat is more prominent (as in literally shown), it wouldn't be an outlier thanks to Shadow Mewtwo having another tier 4 feat, being a bit more in line with the scaling (although, the difference between Gardevoir's and Mewtwo's feat is still quite considerable)

Tbf, pokémon in the game does showcase a form of UES, being the infinite energy from ORAS. So even if you want to stretch the avatar and planetary bs, they might still scale to their "environmental" feats anyway.
Don't see how that will make them 2A.

I'm working on UES. But Infinity energy is far from UES. Far better evidence of it exists in the anime and Dex entries. I'm currently in Kalo arc so that'll take a while.
Just establish layers of hax and get Arceus hax to low 1C.

Then if we can get Victini infinite energy = Infinite power boost and slap that fraud on all the energy of the 18 types of Arceus we might finally have Arceus being infinitely more amped in all his powers at low 1C level

An outlier is an statistical anomaly. For example, wild mon pokedex feats are shown to be consistently tier 7 for first and second stage evolutions. Then you have Gardevoir that has a tier 4 feat. That feat is so astronomically high, that statistically don't follow the pattern. So it's an outlier.
It's not an outlier.

Psychic power can create dimensions.

Alakazam has done it, Gardevoir has done it, Gothitelle did some fate manipulation rw by remaking his memories into reality and play them out.

It doesn't scale to their statistics and it's just RW at a 3A level

It's not an outlier.

Psychic power can create dimensions.

Alakazam has done it, Gardevoir has done it, Gothitelle did some fate manipulation rw by remaking his memories into reality and play them out.

It doesn't scale to their statistics and it's just RW at a 3A level
The same psychic energy they use to accomplish those feats it's the same they use to attack. Literally on Gardevoir's pokédex entry how they achieve their shit through psycho kinesis, twisting dimensions. It's 100% an outlier.

The same psychic energy they use to accomplish those feats it's the same they use to attack. Literally on Gardevoir's pokédex entry how they achieve their shit through psycho kinesis, twisting dimensions. It's 100% an outlier.
They simply choose not to. Note that Gardevoir achieves it by using all of its power and Gothitelle does it by going all out.

It's not something they'd do

I don't understand why they can't have a tier 4 key lol
Because it's not consistent.

We just don't arbitrarily decide to give keys for any random power or feat for the sake of having a higher tier. It needs to be consistent. Specially for this franchise that's inconsistent by nature.

Be my guest going for the upgrade. But right now, it's considered an outlier and I have explained why.

If you accept tier 4 Gardevoir (or apparently 3-A according to you, lol), you will have to argue how it scales to other 'mons. Because by their pokédex, Gardevoir accomplishes this through their natural psychic energy.

Be my guest going for the upgrade. But right now, it's considered an outlier and I have explained why.

If you accept tier 4 Gardevoir (or apparently 3-A according to you, lol), you will have to argue how it scales to other 'mons. Because by their pokédex, Gardevoir accomplishes this through their natural psychic energy.
Yes. You're mistaking something here. Vast Psychic energy does not default increase any statistics at all.

It's why I say it's 4A Reality Warping and that's that. No one will scale

Back