• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Another character who will likely befriend the ultra cute Third Legendary who is most likely a Turtle with all these shell and world turtle references

Disappointing

I wanted Spider man as the main protagonist and Hank Hill as his rival and SpongeBob and Goku being his companions :(

In which what way was I being rude to anyone. I can't figure it out.

Yes, I called 'em bootlicker, basically too subservient to GF no matter what crap they put out. Got a problem?

Or you don't play enough games to know mainline Pokémon games on Switch are ass compared to other switch AAA titles?
Someone having a different experience than you doesn’t make them a bootlicker. You’re just using that kinda terminology to dismiss anyone that disagrees with you, and any meaningful discussion ends up going right out the window

Also I don’t have to think a certain way like you’re suggesting. “You don’t play enough games to know-” or maybe I just disagree?

Like, it doesn’t pay to be rude

But.... There's no information about Third Legendary

The Tera stuff is also shrouded in mystery atm. I guess I could make a sandbox with available info

But.... There's no information about Third Legendary
I mean, pretty sure there is.
The Tera stuff is also shrouded in mystery atm. I guess I could make a sandbox with available info
I've gone over the Tera Abilities in this thread before.
The Third Legendary should be responsible for & superior to all the Tera stuff.

Likely also responsible for the growth of the Tera Crystals (Limited/Very slow Earth Manipulation) in Area Zero, & the Mind Manipulation involving making Heath find himself in a dream-like place & then seemingly write something yet not remember it later.
Plus the Energy Manipulation for the emissions that turn Tera Raid Crystals into Black Tera Raid Crystals.

Maybe also Light Manipulation or some kind of physiology stuff based on the claim in the book about the Light being the guardian of Area Zero?
There's also the possibility that it was involved in the creation of the AI Professor, given they take on an appearance like Tera Jewels after the "Time Machine" collects energy to activate the Paradise Protection Protocol.
& because of the PPP, it might qualify for Sealing &/or Technology Manipulation, but developing that "program" was the Professor's work, even if the "Time Machine" uses it.

Oh, speaking of, did a Tera Abilities Blog/Sandbox ever get made?

Most information we have on the third legendary comes from leaks, which we can't really use to cite stuff in the page.

Most information we have on the third legendary comes from leaks, which we can't really use to cite stuff in the page.
What of what I mentioned?
Also, I'd hardly call those Leaks as many can't be confirmed as being actually existing in-canon. I think it'd be more accurate to call them "speculation".

What of what I mentioned?
Also, I'd hardly call those Leaks as many can't be confirmed as being actually existing in-canon. I think it'd be more accurate to call them "speculation".
Anything related to Teras is quite speculative with the stuff we do have in the games, leaving leaks at a side. It may be worthwhile to keep note and all to see what may indeed be valid when the time comes, but drafting a character profile may not be the way to go about it for now.

Anything related to Teras is quite speculative with the stuff we do have in the games, leaving leaks at a side. It may be worthwhile to keep note and all to see what may indeed be valid when the time comes, but drafting a character profile may not be the way to go about it for now.
I agree it's that speculative, but not untenably so.
We know the abilities Tera Raid Pokemon have, a lot of what Terastalization does, whatever is The Third Legendary is also likely the source for Terastallization, based on the professor's journals.
(Oh, & that reminds me that there's probably Technology Manipulation since Tera Crystals make the experiments unstable, & maybe the AI Professor's "connection" issues.)
I think there's some things that we aren't completely certain about, but for which positive assumptions are more likely to be true than not.

I was reading Youtube comments, & saw an interesting claim:

"if we go in area 0, we can see that station 4 has some crystals inside, and if we interact with those it says that "they are growing on the metal" or something like that"

Can anyone verify that the crystals at Station 4 have interact text?

I couldn't find anything in the text dump. Closest thing was this

I’m just glad that you’re\nOK, [VAR 0100(0000)].[VAR 0114(002A)]
Your efforts have helped us come to understand\nthe laws governing Terastal energy emissions.[VAR 0114(002A)]
Thanks for your help. I’m sending you something\nas a thank-you gift.[VAR 0114(002A)]
Still, even after all this, it seems that the amount\nof energy being emitted is slowly growing.[VAR 0114(002A)]
That means we may continue to see more black\ncrystals appear in the future.[VAR 0114(002A)]

When did Tinkaton get a profile on the wiki?

632.jpg

When did Tinkaton get a profile on the wiki?

February 3 and it looks good honestly

I don't think CRTs are usually needed when it comes to creating profiles (I didn't need a CRT when I made a Centiskorch profile, for instance)

We have a Profile Deletion Request thread for any bad profiles as well

Something I noticed while watching a video.
After Gible Terastallizes into an Ice-type during his art class, Hassel asks "It's a bit chilly, standing so close to it?"

This indicates that, at least for Ice-type Terastallizations, Pokemon take on at least 1 property of that type. In this case, seemingly, making the surroundings a little colder.
...That or Hassel is being fanciful while teaching the art class.

I'm not sure how much extrapolation is valid here, but it's a neat ability, & it's good to have precedent.

It's entirely possible that the cold may coming from the Terastal Hat

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if thus guy's theory is what the Third Legendary truly is
I want to propose something different about the #PokemonScarletViolet 3rd Legendary-It’s supposed category is the“Disk Pokémon”.I think it could be a Pokémon that has recorded all of time & space,& it stores all that has happened in the past & the future like a Disk!(hard drive)
So if it functions like a storage disk maybe it can see the entire multiverse-all the timelines & it could create paradox Pokémon from data that it has seen/stored.

Who knows.
Personally, my theory is that it's based on this:
This is Wikipedia's very short article on it:
Cuélebre (Asturian) or Culebre (Cantabrian), is a giant winged serpent-dragon of the Asturian and Cantabrian mythology, that lives in a cave, guards treasures and keeps anjanas (also known as xanas) as prisoners. Although they are immortal, the cuélebre age, and their scales become thick and impenetrable, and bat wings grow in their bodies. They must eventually flee Asturias and fly to the Mar Cuajada, a paradise located beyond the sea.

They do not usually move, but when they do it, it is in order to eat cattle and people. One could kill the cuélebre by giving them a red-hot stone or a bread full of pins to consume. Its spit it is said to turn into a magic stone, which heals many diseases.

In Midsummer, which is a magical night in Asturian and Cantabrian folklore, it is possible for brave men to defeat the cuélebre, whose spells don't take effect that night, and marry the xana and get the treasure. However, in Cantabrian areas it is said the night of Saint Bartholomew is a period in which the creature increases his power and unleashes all his fury against people in revenge.

1. Lives in a cave, which is kind of similar to Area Zero, a crater, & a hole with borders of rocks.
2. Guards treasures. A common theme in myth, but S/V has a treasures theme.
3. Scales are notable. Thick & impenetrable. The professor's notes make mention of the scales that comprise ||||||'s shell.
4. Goes to paradise. The professor made the Paradise Protection Protocol, & wanted to create a paradise by bringing in the Paradox Pokemon.
5. Usually does not move, which would align with a dormant legendary that's been reclusive for up to 1 million years, more or less.
6. Saliva that turns into magic stones that cure diseases. Like crystals? Like the herba mystica, which came from Area Zero & cure diseases?

That's eeriely spot on 😐
Well, I don't think it aligns PERFECTLY. A cave & a crater aren't that similar, & monsters in caves are EVERYWHERE in fiction. So are monsters that guard treasure.
The Cuelebre is also a "winged serpent-dragon", which might not line up with the disc-shaped body of our "Third Legendary"; A serpent is not a disc, & the turtle-snake heavenly beast thing was already done with Enamorous.

While the Cuelebre & The Third Legendary don't move much, The Third Legendary's reasons for not moving are unknown, likely dormancy. The Cuelebre moves only to eat cattle & people; Eating cattle & people is stuff that monsters commonly do.

I also dunno how the prisoners/xanas/anjanas, which, apparently are married to obtain the Cuelebre's treasure would be implemented?

Of course, it's possible GF just simply didn't adopt the cattle & people eating habits & the prisoners-to-marry-into-wealth into their design.
It's also possible they designed just about anything we could imagine.

& lastly, it might be hurt by its obscurity; The Cuelebre & its myth don't exactly have the biggest page, & Wikipedia's article on it showed up in 2007.
So who knows if those nerds actually found out about it, let alone designed a secret legendary off of it.

Well, we do see a reptilian creature lurking at the top of the image of the third legendary.
Yeah. This image, right?

Personally, it drives me crazy.
First off, let's consider the context of that page. Arven says that Every copy of the book Arven can find, that page is smudged. That's what the black squares indicate. So:

A. Someone or something smudged the books for some reason, after the book was created.
B. The page was smudged before being mass-printed. (Amateurish handwriting skills, accident like a drink spilled, elbow bump, etc.)
....Among other possibilities.

But the amount of obfuscation, at least in English is inconsistent; Sometimes it covers 1 letters, sometimes 2.
& practically all of the smudges don't prevent any of the words being indeterminable.
So if these smudges were an attempt to censor or hide the page's written information, it's an utter failure; We can still figure out a given word is "Disk" or "brilliant" & so on & so forth.

So whatever caused the smudging either wasn't very smart, lacked control, or didn't have much rhyme or reason to how it smudged.
Personally, this is why I think these smudgings are indicative of the writer lacking self-control at the time. Enchanted or entranced, they were compelled to write about the page's contents, but, likely for similar reasons as that compulsion, they could not write completely accurately at the time; Like someone under a spell who's hand shakes every so often as they write.

& that's why that page's IMAGE drives me nuts; There's no sane reason for the writing to be smudged unless it was genuinely a case of "I wrote this, but I don't know why/when", like in the page "A Phantom Memory", but which "A |isk P|e|n?" inexplicably doesn't mention!

This team of researchers went to publish an expedition journal & either somehow noone noticed every copy of 1 page being smudged all over, or they did know but did nothing about it! Their silence speaks volumes in suggesting either they were either clueless or controlled.

But yet, the writing is accompanied with an ILLUSTRATION. & we know from other pages in the book that they have at least 1 artist.
So these researchers have this smudgily written paper from someone who got lost, & either don't or can't explain why their writing was so bad, & then decide to accompany it with a drawing!

Yet the image is curious.
We're told:
1. At the depths of the crater.
2. Couldn't tell if it was a Pokemon or even alive or not.
3. A shell. Dubious.
4. Overlapping hexagons, which is also dubious. (They're at least adjacent.)
5. Gleamed brighter than gemstone. It does appear to be gleaming bright.
6. Resembles a mysterious, brilliant disk; The image, IMHO, contradicts this. A disc is flat, yet the depiction appears at least hemispherical or dome-like.

We can also see a crown, a planet (Implying space or a night sky.), which wasn't where it was seen. Was this at some cave wall designed to LOOK like space??
We can see a ship riding on waves, dwarfed by the structure it's atop of.
We can see a reptillian head, with a 4-pointed star for eyes, & a flame like underside that seems to permeate through the "shell" & might have a short limb on the side.
When considering the shell & head poking out & the claw on 1 side, I can see how it might be considered like a turtle, although, these seem like oddly high & far back positions for a turtle creature's head & forelegs/arms.

But more importantly, from an in-universe perspective, WHY DEPICT ALL THIS?
Much of it wasn't described on the page, & what we see in the image is ridiculous, some of it contradictory of the description.

Why does it look like it's in space if it was seen at the bottom of the crater?
How can you say you don't know it's alive when you could see a head & eyes? Was it immobile like a statue?
Can you really call those "overlapping" hexagons & that shape a disc?
How could it be so big as to hold a ship yet be visible enough for a clear view from 1 person's perspective, yet go unnoticed except by someone isolated?

Bottom line:
The fact that no explanation for the smudging is given suggests to me that something was wrong with the researchers, & the inconsistencies between the art & the description further my suspicion of them.
The artists went out of their way, & for a team of researchers, depicted something I'd dare risk calling outlandish.

Why would the artists draw something so grandiose yet so surreal?
Was this to help give an impression of why the general public might've discredited the book at first?
Was the smudging & inconsistencies just laziness on the part of GF &/or the writers &/or the localizers?

Pardon me & all that, please.

Last edited:
Yes it's weird. If Heath is accurately recording what he saw down there, as he did many of the other things, then how come he's drawing a ship atop it and planets surrounding it? The things that were made up were noted to have been made up. Like Suicune and Virizion, not the Disk Pokémon

A lot of the way the things are written and/or happened during the expedition are strange. Heath was somehow speaking to someone after he was knocked out and woke up with written formulas of his own handwriting. Was it the Third Legendary or some Advanced Civilization humans.

Judging from the Suicune and Virizion paradox, it may seem it can influence the human mind in a way, to put into drawing things it wants to create. Or could it be some sort of collective unconscious? There was no Suicune or Virizion down there so how did it influence the imagination to put that into paper.
Cyclizar was sent down there on the expedition and later we got ourselves Koraidon and Miraidon. It seems it can somehow record the things it sees somehow.

On another note, where did Occulture get the dex entries from. Scientific weapon, UFO, ancient civilization robot, etc..Was it from Heath's writings?

Yes it's weird. If Heath is accurately recording what he saw down there, as he did many of the other things, then how come he's drawing a ship atop it and planets surrounding it? The things that were made up were noted to have been made up. Like Suicune and Virizion, not the Disk Pokémon
To Heath's credit, I recall 1 page mentioning "our sketch artist" or such, & I'm pretty sure it was mentioned to be a team. Meaning Heath & the in-universe sketch artist or whoever drew that could very well be different people. But that would just beg further suspicion about that bizarre page.
If Heath DID draw it all by himself, props to his skills, especially after being separated & likely while recovering from being fully or half unconscious.
A lot of the way the things are written and/or happened during the expedition are strange. Heath was somehow speaking to someone after he was knocked out and woke up with written formulas of his own handwriting. Was it the Third Legendary or some Advanced Civilization humans.
In this case, I believe it'd be The Third Legendary, although I could KIND OF believe an ancient civilization.
Why would ancient people isolate an explorer from a team, give him a formula, have HIM write it down, & then seemingly wipe his memory & send it back? Maybe to overcome a language barrier & maintain secrecy?
It'd be a surprise if no one, not even the capable professor or the expedition after Heath's found any sign of a lost tribe.
Judging from the Suicune and Virizion paradox, it may seem it can influence the human mind in a way, to put into drawing things it wants to create. Or could it be some sort of collective unconscious? There was no Suicune or Virizion down there so how did it influence the imagination to put that into paper.
Cyclizar was sent down there on the expedition and later we got ourselves Koraidon and Miraidon. It seems it can somehow record the things it sees somehow.

On another note, where did Occulture get the dex entries from. Scientific weapon, UFO, ancient civilization robot, etc..Was it from Heath's writings?
Occulture is a paranormal magazine, & the Paradox Pokemon are practically cryptids; There's a good chance they just made their entries up, given the in-universe-ly noted lack of sightings.
Even the Great Tusk/Iron Treads breakouts were relatively recent events, involving 1 individual per game.
So most people probably didn't know anything beyond appearances or such, let alone Occulture.

It'd be like counting on an IRL popular culture sci-fi/paranormal magazine for detailed info on, like, the feeding habits or such of, like, Big Foot or The Loch Ness Monster; Even with people's "sightings", it'd likely be ambiguous photos or borderline creepypasta stories, so such a magazine would have very little to go off of, but in the interest of publishing a potentially popular periodical, would likely make up some or a lot of stuff about the species, in the absence of other info.

I think it's something like that. Hence the Pokedex calling Occulture "dubious".
Occulture has commendable stuff like actually checking for fossil records matching Slither Wing, yet also discredible stuff like not knowing that Iron Valiant isn't a Psychic-Type. (Admittedly, Iron Valiant is a bit misleading about its type, going by its appearance.)
Among other things.

Last edited:
This third Legendary has sent theorists into a frenzy. it seems to pull inspiration from many different places.

I have a suspicion it records information and reproduces them once certain conditions are met. Down there are writings on strange tablets that has never cannot be deciphered, in a place that is mentioned to be uninhabitable by humans. I'm vibing with this theory about Akashic Records and Lunar Library

Also, what century does Violet take place in or how far is Violet from Scarlet on the timeline

This third Legendary has sent theorists into a frenzy. it seems to pull inspiration from many different places.

I have a suspicion it records information and reproduces them once certain conditions are met. Down there are writings on strange tablets that has never cannot be deciphered, in a place that is mentioned to be uninhabitable by humans. I'm vibing with this theory about Akashic Records and Lunar Library

Also, what century does Violet take place in or how far is Violet from Scarlet on the timeline

Scarlet is millions of years in the past from the present and Violet must be thousands of millions of years into the future from the present

Back