• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Scarlet is millions of years in the past from the present and Violet must be thousands of millions of years into the future from the present
Was that mentioned anywhere?

I feel like I shouldn't trust anything Occulture mentioned in the dex entries

I have a suspicion it records information and reproduces them once certain conditions are met. Down there are writings on strange tablets that has never cannot be deciphered, in a place that is mentioned to be uninhabitable by humans. I'm vibing with this theory about Akashic Records and Lunar Library
Pardon me, please, but "never cannot be deciphered" is a double negative, & thus, has inverted the assertion. If it "never cannot be deciphered" then you're saying it will ALWAYS be POSSIBLE to decipher it.
Also, what century does Violet take place in or how far is Violet from Scarlet on the timeline
The games Pokemon Scarlet & Violet seem to take place in the same time period, but some Occulture Articles claim the Paradox Pokemon come from different time periods.

Note that "Enigmas of Paldea" is a section in Occulture Magazines. Any such claims should be taken under scrutiny.
Also, every Paradox Pokemon's Occulture entry can only be found in its home game, IIRC but the Pokedex only acknowledges Occulture in the opposite version.
For brevity's sake, I'll only list Occulture's Enigmas of Paldea entries (Despite that Bulbapedia seems to list 2 per species.) which a time period/age can be inferred from.

Great Tusk:
Leading theories hold that this being is nothing less than a living relic of the dinosaur era, but no one can say for sure. Apparently, it's called Great Tusk after the name of a strange being that was written about in the mysterious Scarlet Book.
ScarletSightings of this Pokémon have occurred in recent years. The name Great Tusk was taken from a creature listed in a certain book.
VioletThis creature resembles a mysterious Pokémon that, according to a paranormal magazine, has lived since ancient times.
Scream Tail:
Its primitive appearance and savage nature have prompted rumors that it could be a Jigglypuff from one billion years ago. It's named after a creature in the Scarlet Book that is described as having a distinctive tail and scream.
ScarletThere has been only one reported sighting of this Pokémon. It resembles a mysterious creature depicted in an old expedition journal.
VioletIt resembles a mysterious Pokémon described in a paranormal magazine as a Jigglypuff from one billion years ago.
Flutter Mane:
Eyewitness accounts describe it as resembling a giant Misdreavus at first glance, albeit a highly fierce and aggressive one. Some believe that it's a ghost of a pterosaur from a long-gone era.
ScarletThis Pokémon has characteristics similar to those of Flutter Mane, a creature mentioned in a certain book.
VioletIt has similar features to a ghostly pterosaur that was covered in a paranormal magazine, but the two have little else in common.
Slither Wing:
Slither Wing shares traits with Volcarona, so some theorize that it may have been revived from fossils from a prehistoric era that we have discussed in these pages. However, no Volcarona fossils of that era are known to have been found.
ScarletThis mysterious Pokémon has some similarities to a creature that an old book introduced as Slither Wing.
VioletThis Pokémon somewhat resembles an ancient form of Volcarona that was introduced in a dubious magazine.
Sandy Shocks:
Some scientists claim that this mysterious being is a Magneton that has lived for 10 thousand years. It has been sighted numerous times in Paldea's more arid regions, but there are no reports of it ever having been caught.
ScarletNo records exist of this Pokémon being caught. Data is lacking, but the Pokémon’s traits match up with a creature shown in an expedition journal.
VioletIt slightly resembles a Magneton that lived for 10,000 years and was featured in an article in a paranormal magazine.
Iron Bundle:
Plenty of theories about it have been floated. A leading one suggests it is the product of a long-gone civilization—a notion supported by ancient writings that describe the design and usage of machines resembling Iron Bundle.
ScarletIts shape is similar to a robot featured in a paranormal magazine article. The robot was said to have been created by an ancient civilization.
VioletIt resembles a mysterious object mentioned in an old book. There are only two reported sightings of this Pokémon.
Iron Hands:
A leading theory holds that Iron Hands was once an athlete who became mortally wounded but was kept alive by being made into a cyborg. Why it so strongly resembles Hariyama, however, remains unanswered.
ScarletIt is very similar to a cyborg covered exclusively by a paranormal magazine. The cyborg was said to be the modified form of a certain athlete.
VioletThis Pokémon shares many similarities with Iron Hands, an object mentioned in a certain expedition journal.
Iron Thorns:
It appears to be highly intelligent and clad in metallic armor, causing some to speculate that it may be a Tyranitar as it would appear a billion years from now. Its name comes from a similarly described entity that appears in the Violet Book.
ScarletIt has some similarities to a Pokémon introduced in a dubious magazine as a Tyranitar from one billion years into the future.
VioletSome of its notable features match those of an object named within a certain expedition journal as Iron Thorns.
Koraidon:
ScarletThis seems to be the Winged King mentioned in an old expedition journal. It was said to have split the land with its bare fists.
VioletThis Pokémon resembles Cyclizar, but it is far burlier and more ferocious. Nothing is known about its ecology or other features.
Miraidon:
ScarletMuch remains unknown about this creature. It resembles Cyclizar, but it is far more ruthless and powerful.
VioletThis seems to be the Iron Serpent mentioned in an old book. The Iron Serpent is said to have turned the land to ash with its lightning.
(Koraidon & Miraidon have no Enigmas of Paldea Entries.)

Note that I omitted some of the Paradox Pokemon entries where a time period of likely origin couldn't be determined. although, its worth mentioning that many Future Paradox Pokemon are mentioned by the Pokedex as resembling, or implied to be "objects" mentioned in an old book/certain expedition journal.

In summary:
(Keep in mind, the Pokedex only references Occulture for species you can't find in that game's version, & usually says it's similar or resembles.)
Great Tusk: Occulture says "leading theories" hold that its "nothing less than a living relic of the dinosaur era, but no one can say for sure".
In Violet, the Pokdex says it "resembles a mysterious Pokémon" that, according to a paranormal magazine, has lived since ancient times.
Scream Tail: Occulture says its behaviour "prompted rumours" from one billion years ago.
In Violet, the Pokedex calls Occulture a "paranormal magazine" when referencing Occulture describing Scream Tail as a Jigglypuff from one billion years ago.
Flutter Mane: Occulture says "Some believe that it's a ghost of a pterosaur from a long-gone era.".
In Violet, the Pokedex says "It has similar features to a ghostly pterosaur that was covered in a paranormal magazine, but the two have little else in common.".
Slither Wing: Occulture says "some theorize that it may have been revived from fossils from a prehistoric era that we have discussed in these pages. However, no Volcarona fossils of that era are known to have been found."
In Violet, the Pokedex says it 'somewhat resembles an ancient form of Volcarona that was introduced in a dubious magazine.".
Sandy Shocks: Occulture says "Some scientists claim that this mysterious being is a Magneton that has lived for 10 thousand years."
In Violet, the Pokedex says it "slightly resembles a Magneton that lived for 10,000 years and was featured in an article in a paranormal magazine."
Iron Bundle: Occulture says that of the "Plenty of theories" a "leading one" is it's a product of a long-gone civilization, "supported" by "ancient writings that that describe the design and usage of machines resembling Iron Bundle."
In Scarlet, the Pokedex says "Its shape is similar to a robot featured in a paranormal magazine article. The robot was said to have been created by an ancient civilization.".
Iron Hands:
Occulture says a "leading theory" is Iron Hands was once an athlete who was mortally wounded & kept alive by being made into a cyborg, but "why it so strongly resembles Hariyama" "remains unanswered".
In Scarlet, the Pokedex says "It is very similar to a cyborg covered exclusively by a paranormal magazine. The cyborg was said to be the modified form of a certain athlete."
Iron Thorns: Occulture says its intelligence & armor caused "some to speculate it may be a Tyranitar as it would appear a billion years from now".
In Scarlet, the Pokedex says "It has some similarities to a Pokémon introduced in a dubious magazine as a Tyranitar from one billion years into the future."

Koraidon & Miraidon are both said to have done things in the past tense, which would be weird if they were never seen before now, let alone outside of Area Zero.
& of course, as you can read about in more detail on Bulbapedia's Paradox Pokemon page, every Paradox Pokemon has at least 1 entry mentioning it in the context of stuff in the Scarlet or Violet Book. (Scarlet for Ancient Paradox Pokemon, Violet for Future Paradox Pokemon.)

So yeah. Any time a Pardox Pokemon has a time period of origin implied, be it from Occulture's Enigmas of Paldea section, or the Pokedex itself, the original source seems to be Occulture. & Occulture's phrasing often does not inspire confidence in how trustworthy their claims are.

Not to mention weird implications like why there'd be a Magneton, a Pokemon with a bunch of horseshoe magnets, 10,000 years ago, or how all those wild Iron Hands are mortally wounded & cyborgized athletes. Or Iron Bundle, a Pokemon, according to Turo, is supposedly from the future brought via a "time machine", according to Occulture is a product of a long-gone civilization.
Or Slither Wing lacking known fossil evidence from the era discussed in relation to it.

Any evidence of a time period of origin for Paradox Pokemon is suspect in nature due to being largely purported by Occulture.

(& of course, there's also Roaring Moon being suspect within Bagon, Shelgon & Salamence's Evolutionary history.)

Pardon all the words, please.

I think I've said it before, but to me, the third legendary reminds me of the whole Unown thing in the third Pokémon movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar. Then again, their whole thing was what.... Being extradimensional & bringing thoughts to reality through creation?
Not THAT uncommon, at least across fiction as a whole.

Isn't Hisuian Kleavor only in PLA era? Implying we'd go to that point in the past or they skip the bs and add them to Paldea

Isn't Hisuian Kleavor only in PLA era? Implying we'd go to that point in the past or they skip the bs and add them to Paldea

I could see them just appearing in Paldea since HOME compatibility is gonna be a thing and we'll get to transfer Hisuian Pokemon to S/V

All this images are for the upcoming anime series
Yeah, I know. I'm saying that given the availability of Hisui Pokemon in Paldea thanks to HOME, the writers might just go "**** it" and throw them in there

I mean they could also make this related to the time machine that brought in the Paradox Pokemon

It's possible that the Scarlet/Violet DLC gets announced around that time, especially considering that apparently it's going well dev-wise.

It's a turtle boys

Discworld turtle?

LFCku24rqdl7d0DS3C6EatBeAVTOpWFMh9rC6bpgqRk.jpg

Start at about 6:22. I'm linking a Youtube video because it's multiple Tweets, some of which I can't find.
If you can't or won't watch:
1. There's an IRL species from South Asia & India called the red-crowned roofed turtle or Bengal roof turtle (Batagur kachuga). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-crowned_roofed_turtle
2. At the end of the rainy season (says the Tweet. Wikipedia says it's for breeding season.), the male turtles heads & necks develop brilliant colours of blue, yellow & red.
3. They also mention stuff like how it has thermoregulation & such, which might tie into Miraidon & Koraidon's field-setting abilities.
4. Supposedly, there's only 500 red-crowned roofed turtle left in the world, due to poaching for their meat & shells; Perhaps similar happened with damaging its shell for Tera Orbs?

It sounds like competition for the Cuelebre. Or at least, The Third Legendary has multiple inspirations.
Personally, I'll be disappointed if it's pure turtle, though.

A thought just occurred to me.
Mrs. Raifort says in history class that 10 years ago, Professor Sada/Turo discovered the Terastal Phenomenon.
In the professor's journals, they say that man/woman walked out "not long after the boy was born".
So:
A. Arven was not born around the same time as the professor discovered the Terastal Phenomenon.
B. The other professor waited years to walk out.
C. Arven is only 10 years old.

Perhaps there's other possibilities I haven't been considered, but dude doesn't look 10.

A makes the most sense, I always thought Arven was born beforehand and it was only later that the parents both stopped communicating with him

What heavenly maid? Dialga/Palkia?
Cresselia is reminiscent of the crescent moon. It leaves a brilliant line of light in its wake as it flies across the night sky. I daresay it resembles the heavenly maiden who created the Milky Way.

Seeing Malamar's intelligence rating cracks me up. Okay here's the thing

Malamar, manipulated the top scientists in Kalos in order to help them launch a device that would allow them to reshape Earth to their liking. Basically planetary reality warping Machine

It almost succeeded but Power of friendship bs negged their plans. So they went aboard the machine and traveled into the future, promising to return one day to rule Earth.

Gifted Intelligence on their profile is criminal

How come we never scaled Regigigas and Heatran to the CT?
In the manga Regigigas was beating the ever living dogshit out of them including Heatran who he was fighting

I'll downgrade the CT myself, so that we permanently put to rest "oh he beat the CT, so that means he's 2A"
So wait basically everyone else can scale to every other legendary but not the god tiers because "They're not supposed to!!!" even while showing a good feat and scan?

So wait basically everyone else can scale to every other legendary but not the god tiers because "They're not supposed to!!!" even while showing a good feat and scan?
It's because the Pokémon who beat them have consistently been planetary

Back