• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Anyway, why do Dynamax Pokémon have Large Size when that's just an illusion Dynamax passively does by warping space to make them look big rather than they actually bring big
Because Dynamax in practice really increase the size of the pokemon, even if that increase is a product of spatial manipulation.
They are not a literal illusion and they are tangible, which is why they can alter the environment by just entering in combat and people can ride on them, like Lapras for example.

Hmm, if Hyperspaces exist in Pokémon wouldn't that make the base cosmology 5D?

4 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time,

Yeah. The dex entries say it warps space, specifically his rings. And with his move "Hyperspace Hole" it's explained
Using a hyperspace hole, the user appears right next to the target and strikes. This attack can hit a target using a move such as Protect or Detect.

Yeah. The dex entries say it warps space, specifically his rings. And with his move "Hyperspace Hole" it's explained
Yeah, but the original (Japanese) name of that move is dimensional hole.
Unless the Japanese description of the move also mentions hyperspace there is not much that can be done.

Cant get your hopes up over live action from netflix

Ill be fine with it as long as it tells an interesting story

Live action makes me worry they'd hardly have the budget to show any of the Pokemon at all.
Which is just wrong.
Pokémon in live action is just...... Creepy.

Anyway Netflix should've just gone and done an original animated series. Something that looks like the upcoming Mario movie but hey, I'm going to take this anyway

Nintendo Cinematic Universe when

Ditto ain't smart. Which why there's such a long losing streak on his profile.

It comes down to intelligence and skill and he loses

Anyway the Netflix show is being written by the Executive producer of Lucifer, so it might turn out great and R-rated maybe?

FpvnAXjXEAIcuZg

Call me conceited, but I've gone over most, if not all of this in past pages.

1 thing to start with is that the 3rd Legendary's page has block text is because it's smudged; In the cutscene where Arven shows you the book, he specifically shows you that "Third Legendary" page, & mentions that it's smudged/blurry in every copy he can find.

Of course, this is itself suspicious, because even with the block censoring, the text is WAY too clear for the "smudging" to pass as hiding information; It's too clear for it to be GF making an in-universe excuse to hide info.
Which begs the question of how a team of researchers, Heath, whoever sketched the page, whoever published the book & its copies, all didn't notice the insane image, writing & smudging on that persistently perplexing page.

After the battle starts, the AI acts unfamiliar with the player & very unconfident in them, contradictory to before the battle starts. I agree with them that its possible the Third Legendary/Paradise Protection Protocol was controlling/speaking through them.

However, there's also the possibility that the PPP is using the professor's memories & personality & such (IIRC, the AI does have them.) during that state. The professor was notedly obsessive; Even a cutscene at the Academy about the professor's past emphasizes said obsessiveness, IIRC.

So I think it's possible the AI's backup of the real professor is unfamiliar with the player character because unlike their AI Copy, they never met the player character, & also unlike the AI, the Human who's psyche is active under the PPP, was obsessive & insane during the backup where they made the PPP.

It does do the block text stuff, but I think that's just GF being meta to show the text morphing/glitching. & it's in-game narrative text. GF being lazy with effects is normal, so I could believe them both for smuding & glitching of narrative text.
It'd be a weird, but kinda believable coincidence if the blocky text was used for what is both EXPLICITLY smudged page text & the glitching of narrative text that kinda doesn't exist in-universe.

Like, if the text about the professor has no will to fight anymore has any in-universe existence, how & as what? Is it a hologram being shown to the player character? A radio broadcast? A telepathic messages?
It's weird.

But yeah, I can believe the PPP was The Third Legendary influencing the professor.
The idea of creating "Paradise" came up kind of suddenly in the Professor's journals. They seemingly originally went to Area Zero for Tera Crystal research.

However, they also had the Scarlet/Violet Book, which we're given in-universe has several more pages than we see in-game; Descriptions of every Paradox Pokemon or a lot of items/objects that often seem related, writings about the Herba Mystica, etc.
They've also apparently had & been fascinated said book since childhood, which they became obsessed over.

So it's quite possible seeing the Pokemon in the book & becoming obsessed lead to their obsession with bringing them to the present for a "paradise", rather than The Third Legendary.

It's frustratingly ambiguous.

I wonder why the third legendary has to go through all these hoops just to make dreams come true but Unown can do it with just a thought

I wonder why the third legendary has to go through all these hoops just to make dreams come true but Unown can do it with just a thought
A common theory about Unown is that Unown are the "1,000 arms" spoken of in Arceus's Pokedex entry, something supported by, IIRC, some part of a Gen 4 movie where a space-time thing breaking apart or something had Unown spilling out as a visual effect or something.

I generally avoid Creation Trio stuff because I don't wanna deal with higher-dimensionality related arguments, so my memory on this matter isn't perfect.

Point is, as instruments for use by Arceus, they're probably very potent, but a big part of it is high potency from them requires large numbers.

& of course, all of this is assuming our "Disk Pokemon" isn't just dormant or semi-dormant or something.

Anyway, I think this """third""" legendary pokémon (I don't believe Koraidon and Miraidon are even comparable to this one) is going to end up being surprisingly strong.

Will it really be surprisingly strong if we're all expecting it to be strong?
Like, often, the "Third" Legendary of a region/game is 1 of the strongest thing there.

Also, if you dislike the term "The Third Legendary", why not "Disk Pokemon" or such, since the page about it semi-censoredly calls it a "brilliant disk Pokemon" or such, IIRC?

Anyway, I think this """third""" legendary pokémon (I don't believe Koraidon and Miraidon are even comparable to this one) is going to end up being surprisingly strong.
Strong enough to be beaten by a kid and caught inside a Pokeball. A cruel fate of gods and monsters alike

Back