• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Searching for content for my blogs, I found a very funny trivia about some of the Pokémon translations.

I saw this scene being used a lot to show that "Alone the Creation trio can only create/destroy a galaxy"

I decided to check the original Japanese version and I found something interesting.

"Oh! Dialga/Palkia, that is... Fantastic! Beautiful! It's a new galaxy! It's the birth of the universe!"

I started having this thought because in Pokémon Generations Cyrus says "Give me your power! Create a new galaxy ! A new world!"

In the japanese version I could hear the words "Ginga" (Galaxy) and "Uchu" (universe). Seems like the changes that are made in the English script are really definitive in relation to future references. It's a very interesting consistency with Pokémon products.

It's funny that while some franchises have the problem of the word "World" (Sekai) being used and can mean lots of things, with Pokémon in the moment that they decided to say "Universe", the translation decided to use "World". It's funny when I stop to think about it.
Galaxy = Universe in Pokemon?!?!!?!??!?!?

Galaxy = Universe in Pokemon?!?!!?!??!?!?
Not saying that. It isn't rare to a representation of a galaxy being called "the universe". It's just that, a representation.

I just meant that a lot of people took the "it's creating a new galaxy, a new world" statement as if the size of Cyrus' world would be that of a galaxy at maximum. While the original text is "It's creating a new galaxy/s, it's the birth of a new universe", meaning that it is supposed to be a universe-level feat, even if they are alone.

I just saw https://pokemon.fandom.com/wiki/PJ024:_A_Little_Rocket_R_&_R! (Linking Pokemon Fandom because I like their gallery of images more than Bulbapedia's.) & boy did it frustrate me for petty reasons.

latest
HOW ARE HALF OF ANY OF THOSE POKEMON TRAPPED UNDER NETS?!?

MACHOKE, YOU ARE LITERALLY HOLDING THOSE BARS, HOW CAN YOU NOT BREAK THEM!?!

....Sorry, sorry. & these were even supposed to be very trained Pokemon, since they're from trainers at the Sinnoh Resort. But yeah, I feel that I understand why, but compared to the previous episode ("Panic in the Park!". Great episode.), this episode was way worse about Plot-Induced Stupidity over lore.

Pardon me, just wanted to ramble.

Oh, & for those who care:

MTuTdfl4_zPyB9eoerIczRK6s9O_Zw--

IIRC, we do in fact see a Magcargo slither by out of its cage past Ash.
So "Yay!", Magcargo DOESN'T destroy everything around it? But that could be for a number of reasons, & also, as said, Plot-Induced Stupidity riddled episode; If they had all those Pokemon trapped, I doubt they were very concerned about depicting their abilities accurately.

Sorry for rambling & any awkward image resolution.

Mewtwo: has some of the strongest mindscrewing abilities, petrification teleportation, Iq only equal to the size of the ass he can kick, literally can beat any non-tier 2 pokemon when using all abilities and not limited by game mechanics
TerminalMontage: haha Rayquaza big dragon

Aren't Mewtwo and Rayquaza somewhat equal in the manga?

Also, mindhax and petrification are really one-time things and movie-only, we can't really say they are opening moves or something that always occur.

Mewtwo: has some of the strongest mindscrewing abilities, petrification teleportation, Iq only equal to the size of the ass he can kick, literally can beat any non-tier 2 pokemon when using all abilities and not limited by game mechanics
TerminalMontage: haha Rayquaza big dragon
In TerminalMontage's defense, as usual, it's more Lockstin & Gnoggin deciding who wins & why.
The animation is more a funny joke than anything else
Also, this.

Aren't Mewtwo and Rayquaza somewhat equal in the manga?

Also, mindhax and petrification are really one-time things and movie-only, we can't really say they are opening moves or something that always occur.
still he has the massive speed advantage and stat swap moves as well as copycat moves. Precognition and stuff as well. Mewtwo could just teleport around and stall, barrage him with thunder punches and stuff (he uses it in pokken after all). Mewts is smart enough to do that and definitely smarter than rayquaza

still he has the massive speed advantage and stat swap moves as well as copycat moves. Precognition and stuff as well. Mewtwo could just teleport around and stall, barrage him with thunder punches and stuff (he uses it in pokken after all). Mewts is smart enough to do that and definitely smarter than rayquaza
How did Mewtwo get Precognition?

future sight
If my memory serves, Future Sight grants Precognition for the user's own attack (That which is generated by the move Future Sight itself.) that comes in the future.
I don't know of much reason for it to be very useful outside of that.

Their arguments are concise if a bit crude, & while not always the most accurate, they seem at least persuasive, & entertaining. I'm glad someone made that.

Like, even if we didn't consider our scaling system for Pokemon, the lions don't stand a chance in this.
They can't kill Cleffa (Meteor crash feat.) nor Magikarp (Mountain jump, space jump, Team Plasma's lake bombing.), nor Rotom (Made of plasma.), Slugma, Geodude, Aron, Onyx, Steelix, Grimer, Gastly, probably not Cryogonal, nor Jellicent....

Also, if you arranged 1 billion lions in a square, like you would an army.... Well, a lion is like 1.8 to 2.1 meters plus a 1 meter tail. So assuming the lions are all the biggest they can be in all directions (Absurd as that is.) that's only like, 3.1 meters.
Square root of 1 billion is 31622.7766~. Times 3.1 = 98,030.607

Meaning a square-shaped gathering of 1 billion, even if you included their tail length, would be less than 100 kilometers on each side.
Meaning the lion army only takes up about 10,000 square kilometers. That's less than half the area of Wales! Do you know how small Wales is?! Look!

& Africa, the natural habitat of lions? 30,370,000 km2. That's 3,037 times bigger than 10,000 square kilometers!

Meanwhile....

7.0–7.9MajorCauses damage to most buildings, some to partially or completely collapse or receive severe damage. Well-designed structures are likely to receive damage. Felt across great distances with major damage mostly limited to 250 km from epicenter.

Even HALF the range of a Magnitude 7 or higher Earthquake (Like from Magnitude!) will have a greater diameter (If not excessively larger.) than the length of the lion group.
One Magnitude/Earthquake, & millions of lions are dead.

If it were ONE TRILLION lions, they might be SLIGHTLY challenging, but only because of sheer numbers; 1 trillion lions just barely fills a little less than the area of the United States of America.
....Except, not really because a third of that lion body length is their tails, lol.

I know it was never a contest, but lately, I've seen a few Youtube videos that frustrate me with how unbelievably, some people seem to think the lions could win.

Last edited:
people kept saying lion ladder but what if the pokemon made a pokemon ladder? Toucanon can play this game

this guy ignored all pokedex entries and all feats and equalized lions to a pyroar and even then not even a quadrillion lions would win against the damage calculated

It's been a while since we've heard anything new about the new games, and when I say it's been a while I mean we haven't heard anything since they were announced.

Eb3YETBUEAISuUv.jpg

Last edited:
One is a remake not out for several months, the other won't be out till next year and won't be talked about until the advertisement for the remakes is done. This is normal.

I never saw anyone talking about this, in fact I never saw anyone commenting the Japanese novels outside of the one made by Shudo.

But it seems that the novel of "Pokémon the Movie XY - The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa" has some removed scenes that couldn't be done in the original movie (The novel was made by one of the writers with supervision of the original staff, so it seems fine to use).

Of course there are no full raws of the novel, as far as I know, but some comments like:

The novel has Lugia using telepathy with Ash, with Lugia remembering Ash from the events of the second movie with Lugia directly saying "I remember you" and hopes that Ash can survives after Hoopa Unbound returns him to the sea.

As always, I really wonder what the series had against references to past works in the main works... (I don't even know how the "Battle of Gods" trilogy was thing). The novel also has lots of explanations about the characters and the setting that aren't in the movie, especially about the Arche Valley and its connection with Arceus.

Maybe one day the novel can be translated... I really think there are things there that could be helpful.

I do wonder if the reason for why they removed these things from the final script. I think that the normal explanation for why the references to the second movie were removed was due to the copyright problems with the materials made by Takeshi Shudo. After all the Mewtwo from M16 was used as a "different Mewtwo" because they couldn't make direct references due to copyright problems (You can notice that the trailer was more direct about Mewtwo and Ash's connection).

Some other details from Hoopa's novel:

Arceus' "thousand arms" are explained. In fact "thousand arms" (せんちゅうわん) is the name of the ring that Arceus uses and that the people from Arche Valley uses. It's name is "千宙腕" that can mean "thousands of arms". There's possibly more "meanings" to those words and someone who knows Japanese might understand then and know what is the idea behind the name. However, the mystery of "Arceus' thousand arms" was explained long ago.

Ash mentions his past adventures. In special he mentions the story of how he meet Arceus some time ago in the Sinnoh region.

Since each of the legendary Pokémon summoned by Hoopa and Hoopa Unbound controlled over an aspect of nature, they fighting at the same place, and also the fact that Hoopa corrupted their hearts, caused an unbalance in the world, making the very fabric of space to be destroyed.

It seems that they couldn't stop the destruction not because they didn't have the power, but because "a power from a higher order" (高次の力) was stooping them from succeeding. So, the reason was mostly likely because Arceus wanted that to happen, maybe because Hoopa still needed to learn his lesson. And that is most likely why Arceus was the one that needed to stop the distortion, as a sign that he accepts that Hoope understood the lesson.

Some other details from Hoopa's novel:

Arceus' "thousand arms" are explained. In fact "thousand arms" (せんちゅうわん) is the name of the ring that Arceus uses and that the people from Arche Valley uses. It's name is "千宙腕" that can mean "thousands of arms". There's possibly more "meanings" to those words and someone who knows Japanese might understand then and know what is the idea behind the name. However, the mystery of "Arceus' thousand arms" was explained long ago.

Ash mentions his past adventures. In special he mentions the story of how he meet Arceus some time ago in the Sinnoh region.

Since each of the legendary Pokémon summoned by Hoopa and Hoopa Unbound controlled over an aspect of nature, they fighting at the same place, and also the fact that Hoopa corrupted their hearts, caused an unbalance in the world, making the very fabric of space to be destroyed.

It seems that they couldn't stop the destruction not because they didn't have the power, but because "a power from a higher order" (高次の力) was stooping them from succeeding. So, the reason was mostly likely because Arceus wanted that to happen, maybe because Hoopa still needed to learn his lesson. And that is most likely why Arceus was the one that needed to stop the distortion, as a sign that he accepts that Hoope understood the lesson.
Apologies, but.... SCANS? Like, literal scans of this book.
This kind of info could have dramatic consequences, I worry, so I feel it's important the relevant source material can be verified as real, official, & viewed in its original context.
I don't like saying the idea that I distrust you, but still, I hope you can understand why I feel a need for scrutiny here. Thank you, sorry.

Back