• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Will it really be surprisingly strong if we're all expecting it to be strong?
Like, often, the "Third" Legendary of a region/game is 1 of the strongest thing there.
This one has more hype than any other legendary so far.

Swrs if GF goes and fsays Disk Pokémon is stronger than anything that he can paradox into existence, that may place it incredibly high.

It's likely GF will generalize it. They do that a lot.
1. Statement of it being able to create a paradox Pokémon of any Pokémon, making them significantly more powerful.

2. Being more powerful than its creation
Also, if you dislike the term "The Third Legendary", why not "Disk Pokemon" or such, since the page about it semi-censoredly calls it a "brilliant disk Pokemon" or such, IIRC?
Disk Pokémon sound better yes.

The Pokemon Day Pokemon Presents starts in 4 & a quarter hours!

If you're sleepy, set your alarm & go get some sleep while you can!
If you're wide awake! Good! Prepare!

Also, I've read that the Japanese presentation will be 25 minutes, but the English one will be only 20 minutes. IDK if this is just a rumour or not.
But you may wish to find a Japanese stream source, just in case!

I can't find any official channel streams to watch on yet, but I'd recommend keeping an eye on their Youtube Channel & Twitch!
today is the day
You posted this while I was searching/typing!
How do you always beat me to this?!
(No actual hard feelings, I'm mostly only pretending to overreact for fun.)

Wow, Pokemon's Twitch channel blocks my location (Canada) now, it seems: It gives me: "This premium content is not available in your region. (Error #1)"

....Waitaminute....
The journals said Hexagonal plates. & while there is an opening like in the "Time Machine"'s Chamber, the crown is missing....
Its plates are PENTAGONAL!

IT'S A FAKER! THAT THING ISN'T THE THIRD LEGENDARY!
It's almost certainly related, though.

Right?

This Turtle was the crown thing on the Disk, and not the entire disk itself
I think it might be another Kubfu/Urshifu scenario, where we have an evolving DLC Legendary.... I kinda hope not, though, even though I look forward to another Legendary line with evolutions. It'd also be like what Poipole & Naganadel did.

....Waitaminute....
The journals said Hexagonal plates. & while there is an opening like in the "Time Machine"'s Chamber, the crown is missing....
Its plates are PENTAGONAL!

IT'S A FAKER! THAT THING ISN'T THE THIRD LEGENDARY!
It's almost certainly related, though.
You... you might have a point?

20230227_150930.jpg

20230227_150928.jpg

20230227_150927.jpg

20230227_150925.jpg

20230227_151356.jpg

How did someone get those images already?

Anyway:

Timestamped link to the Pokemon Present video.
It has US English subtitles (Not auto-generated English.), & currently, those appear to write the names as Ogerpon & Terapagos; I dunno if those are the official spellings, though.

Anyway, it looks like we have at least 7, if not 8 new species:

1. Paradox Suicune (AKA Walking Wake)
2. Paradox Virizion (AKA Iron Leaves)
3. Ogerpon
4. Terapagos
5. A likely evolution of Terapagos to be the "Disk Pokemon" Legendary, & at least 3 others seemingly from The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, & the Land of Kitakami which features going there as part of a school trip in Part 1, & in Part 2, you go to another school, Blueberry Academy, to study as an exchange student.

In other words, it sounds like we're STUCK IN SCHOOL!
ARGH!!!
Stuck in school uniforms & their limited customization. & I doubt Kitakami will give much more freedom. We see visible kimonos in the art, but it's Part 1 of a 2-Parter DLC, so it probably won't change customization very much.
I hate how shirts & shorts look, & these new uniforms don't look much better, nor much more flexible. Like, some casual clothes would be nice.

Not only that, but... wasn't the name of the third legendary pokemon supposed to have only 6 letters?
Dubious. The Third Legendary's page in the Scarlet/Violet Book has blocky text that Arven indicates is smudged text, & at least in the English version, many of those "smudges" can take up more than 1 character, often 2.
Might be good to check the Japanese version, but we'd probably need a native speaker, or at least someone fluent to figure out what's meant to be said with so many missing characters.
There's also blocky text when the narration text is changing during the professor battle, but I can't remember if those blocks sometimes represent only 1 character at a time, but they're also only semi in-universe.

Plus, the name Terapagos carries an obvious theme of "Tera"; If it has an evolution that shares a naming theme, how would they fit "Tera" into a good 6 character name? They might not, but it's still another scenario where it doesn't work....
But yeah, is not a 6-letter name.

Oh, right! I meant to mention this!
SPOILER_image.png
From around 22:00 into the video.

Look at the background! There are extensions, 1 on the right, like a vine, & 1 on the left, like a branch.

These might be coming from Ogerpon. Or something like it.

We can see Ogerpon at 22:55 into the video.

On the viewer's right, above the vine-like part. I guess maybe that it's wings fanning out?

Perhaps the Pokemon are shown in that big in the promo for dramatic effect. But it's weird for Ogerpon to look that big. It's not a property of wearing its mask, is it? Some kind of Grass-type that can turn huge? Growth is a Grass-type move, but eh.... Maybe Youkai-esque stuff?

Also, unsure, but "Kita!", in Japanese, as an exclamation, often means something like "it's here!" or maybe "it's coming/arriving (very soon)!", & "kami" means god, or spirit or deity or such. Kinda like youkai.
So the name might mean something like "The land of arriving spirits"? IDK.
Anyone knowledgeable in Japanese wanna double check me, please?

Last edited:
SPOILER_image.png
I swear if these are like the "Rhydon" statues & we never find out what Pokemon species these truly correspond to....
Or are these just the 3 we already saw?
It might be worse if Kitakami's whole culture/personality is just 3 Pokemon.

Last edited:
Back